Visit site
✟14,082.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What do you people think of the forcing of abortion clinics to actually show the woman an ultrasound of her unborn child? I know some abortion clinics down in the USA do ultrasounds on females who are wanting an abortion but are not required to show the woman the ultrasound. I ask this because I have been at many pro life rallies that women who have undergone abortions have said "If I only knew the unborn was more than just a mass of cells, I wouldn't have done it." I Think if they were forced to show the women their babies that the abortion rate might go down and less of the unborn would be murdered.~Alec

Upvote 0

Tawny

Senior Contributor
Feb 21, 2005
Buckinghamshire,UK
✟21,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Mine was at six weeks, and no I have not repented, I have nothing to repent!

I had an abortion after I had left an abusive relationship, emotionally I was a wreck, i could barely function day to day, let alone raise a child.

And don't call me a murderer please. It was never legal to burn Jews in ovens, if it was the Nazi's would not have tried to hide it so much!

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
tawny said:

I had an abortion after I had left an abusive relationship, emotionally I was a wreck, i could barely function day to day, let alone raise a child.

And don't call me a murderer please. It was never legal to burn Jews in ovens, if it was the Nazi's would not have tried to hide it so much!

Actually, during the crusades and Inquesitions - it was legal to kill Jews by burning.

That included ovens when they were invented.

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[move]MOD HAT ON[/move]
This is a hot topic to be debating. It is good for us to communicate with each other across our differences. Please be careful. Think for a minute prior to responding to someone's post, count to ten if necessary. Please keep it civil and treat each other with respect. Do not flame, bait, or otherwise interrupt the peace of this forum. You may NOT call another Christian's Christianity into question.
Thanks.
Tommy
aka herev, Senior Moderator
Christian Philosophy and Ethics
[move]MOD HAT OFF[/move]

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
tawny said:
Sorry, I thought the poster was referring to the Holocaust

Fair enough :)

I think everyone should study at leas the inquesitions - it gives us insight to what the Church of the 13-1700's actually did to Jews, Muslims and other Christian "heretics"

Most people seem to think that Jews were only persecuted during the Holocaust....

How sad :(

Upvote 0

Tawny

Senior Contributor
Feb 21, 2005
Buckinghamshire,UK
✟21,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Fair enough :)

I think everyone should study at leas the inquesitions - it gives us insight to what the Church of the 13-1700's actually did to Jews, Muslims and other Christian "heretics"

Most people seem to think that Jews were only persecuted during the Holocaust....

How sad

I must admit I was guilty of exactly what you said.

herev said:
[move]MOD HAT ON[/move]
This is a hot topic to be debating. It is good for us to communicate with each other across our differences. Please be careful. Think for a minute prior to responding to someone's post, count to ten if necessary. Please keep it civil and treat each other with respect. Do not flame, bait, or otherwise interrupt the peace of this forum. You may NOT call another Christian's Christianity into question.
Thanks.
Tommy
aka herev, Senior Moderator
Christian Philosophy and Ethics
[move]MOD HAT OFF[/move]

As for the caution with posting thing, I will be cautious.....promise

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wild01

Dec 24, 2004
OR/WA
✟8,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
tji1960 said:
It appears that a few people have been lied to by abortion clinics and that they were talked into having an abortion.

Has anyone heard abortion clinics giving misinformation aboit Crisis Pregnancy Centers or WOman's Rescue centers?

see my first post link to planned parenthood article on THEIR web site. for a while it was their front page article when you logged on to their site.

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
tawny said:

I don't care if you were in a bad state, what you did was murder. You need to repent of it.

It was legal under German law to kill Jews. It had been decided by the German Supreme Court. The Nazis never tried to hide it among themselves. The kept scrupulous records -- that was how we know so much about the Holocaust.

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
tawny said:

Why should the child never see life because of the character of the father?

Porcupine said:
BTW, sacrasm works wonderful well in debate. God's prophets and Jesus used it all the time.
"Maybe Baal is on vacation, or he can't hear you because he's asleep! Shout louder!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tji1960

Mar 10, 2005
Fresno, CA
✟7,635.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
tawny said:

You are no more of a murderer than the rest of us. We are all giulty of the death of Jesus. He paid the penalty for sin because he felt we were worth it.

As Tony Campolo once said. Jesus became like a sponge and absorbed all of our sins (past, present and future) onto himself. The man who knew no sin became sin and paid the just penalty for that sin so we do not have to.:clap:

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
tji1960 said:
You are no more of a murderer than the rest of us. We are all giulty of the death of Jesus. He paid the penalty for sin because he felt we were worth it.

As Tony Campolo once said. Jesus became like a sponge and absorbed all of our sins (past, present and future) onto himself. The man who knew no sin became sin and paid the just penalty for that sin so we do not have to.:clap:
Woah there. You're forgetting a vital part of Christianity; recognizing your sin and repenting of it.

Upvote 0

tji1960

Mar 10, 2005
Fresno, CA
✟7,635.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Scholar in training said:
Woah there. You're forgetting a vital part of Christianity; recognizing your sin and repenting of it.

Yes we should recognize and repent our sins

We are also told not to pass judgement.
Jesus he who is without sin can cast the first stone.

I made that post because the response to TAWNY sounded judgemental.

Calling someone a murder without showing grace and compassion is self righteous and judgemental!!!!

Upvote 0

Tawny

Senior Contributor
Feb 21, 2005
Buckinghamshire,UK
✟21,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
In real terms , No one has the right to Judge me except God. What I did was within the law. I do not have to justify myself to anyone.

As for 'Why should the child have no right to life, because of the character of the father'. It was nothing to with the character of the father, it was to do with my state at the time. If I am accused of being selfish then so be it.

I can tell you this, there is no way on this earth I would have coped with having a child at that stage.

Unless any of you have been in this situation then you cannot begin to understand the turmoil and wrestling with yourself you have to go through. It was not a case of waking up one morning and thinking to myself, right I will have an abortion today.

Women who have to go through this need support not condemming.

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
tji1960 said:
Yes we should recognize and repent our sins

We are also told not to pass judgement.
Jesus he who is without sin can cast the first stone.

I made that post because the response to TAWNY sounded judgemental.

Calling someone a murder without showing grace and compassion is self righteous and judgemental!!!!

The problem here is that Jesus never told us not to judge. In fact He commanded us to judge (John 7:24). We are especially to judge those who say that they are believers (1 Corintians 6). This kind of judgement is supposed to bring the believer to shame for their sin and to repentance and reconcilliation. To neglect to call someone on their wickedness is to risk having the blood of their judgment on your own head (Ezekiel 3 and 33).

Of course what I said "sounded" judgmental. It WAS judgmental -- but the judgment was from HER OWN MOUTH. She admitted to a murder and said she had not repented of it.

I do not hate Tawny -- I love her enough to warn her from Hell.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.