Fresno, CA
✟7,635.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I did some online research and the websites I found quted former abortion clinic workers who stae that they were trained to ensure that the pregnant mother does not change her mind. And that they would lie to them to ensure that they procede with the abortion.

I was told by other user on another website that it was not true. They said that abortion clinics give women up to the time of the abortion to change their mind and that they do not force their clients to have an abortion.

Anyone want to comment on this? Do you have ant relevant experiences?

smooze

Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
This is horrible if true.. I can't see anyone being so callous. I for one is against Abortions taking a human life is wrong as outlined in the Ten commandments "thous Shalt not kill" man haven't we screwed that commandment around. I believe all sin is the same no matter what it is. We have to pray for the unborn fetus for God to watch over them and keep them. All for Jesus > DEAR. Heavenly Father look out for all new mothers and their unborn child give them the foresight and wisdom to do the right thing. For aborted children may you give them your divine sympathes and lead them to your undying light oh lord. In your Son's Holy name AMEN .... PEACE be with you my friend and may God bless you and yours.

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
HumbleMan said:
I can see this story being true. Take away all the "right to privacy" and "it's my body" stuff, and abortion is still a for-profit industry. The more women they encourage to have abortions, the more money is made.

In my 20+ years of involvement in street activism in anti-abortion work, I would say that the above is generally true. The "counselors" in abortion clinics normally have NO credentials for any kind of counseling. They are more like salespeople. I cannot say whether they get a commission on their sales. There are exceptions, though. Occasionally a counselor will see that someone is so conflicted about aborting that they will recommend they take more time. That is VERY rare, in my experience.

Upvote 0

rejectreality

Feb 14, 2005
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that the problem is that since it's becoming so acceptible in today's society, abortion is no longer discouraged as a means of birth-control. Therefore, abortion clinics aren't suggesting any other means of dealing with the child. Before I say anymore, I have no proof of my theory as it is formulated from my own observations. So if Im wrong, please speak up. I for one agree with JonathonSDA living word, abortion is wrong, Thou shalt not kill. Faily clear if you ask me.
God bless

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One thing you may want to bear in mind is that if a person has investigated a clinic which provides abortions and is there to procure an abortion, it's quite likely she has already made up her mind to go ahead and get an abortion.

Perhaps by the time one is in the clinic it doesn't really matter. Stopping abortions starts long before one is near a clinic providing abortions.

Upvote 0

wild01

Dec 24, 2004
OR/WA
✟8,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
planned parenthood frequelntly attacks crisis pregnancy centers on there web sight and in there literature. They provide extremely misleading information about these centers. There latest course of action is to find one bad example and try to leave the impression that that is what a cpc is like. in the article:
A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Anti-Choice "Crisis Pregnancy Centers" http://plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/portal/webzine/newspoliticsactivism/fean-041118-crisis.xml
the organization that they use as an example is not a crisis pregnancy center. yet their article attemts to leave the impression that this is what a crisis pregnancy center does.
out of 866 locations a whopping 3 have an affiliation with adotion providers
(source: plannedparenthood.org)
also when visiting there site choosing the link to adoption shows all options availabe to someone including abortion. if you choose the link to abortion, only info about abortion comes up.

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
Lel said:
One thing you may want to bear in mind is that if a person has investigated a clinic which provides abortions and is there to procure an abortion, it's quite likely she has already made up her mind to go ahead and get an abortion.

Perhaps by the time one is in the clinic it doesn't really matter. Stopping abortions starts long before one is near a clinic providing abortions.

It is not true that these people have made up their minds. One reason sidewalk counseling works is that these mothers have NOT made up their minds. Very often the only input these women have heard up to that point is pro-abortion input from friends and relatives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
KittenBane said:
Perhaps things are different in the USA, but that doesn't happen here. I would be very scepticle of anything from the anti-abortion lobby as they frequently lie or misrepresent facts.

Of course people who kill babies for a living are so much more trustworthy. (sarcasm off)

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Its interesting that the condoms distributed by Planned Parenthood were rated as the worst on the market - easiest to break. I hate to say it, but knowing that I can only think its intentional, to create more "business." :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :crossrc:

Porcupine, God bless you for the work you have done! :angel:

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I can unfortunately tell you from experience that this is true. Once you are in the building you are encouraged to continue with the procedure and even to thank the doctor who was "brave" enough to do the procedure in the face of opposition. :sick: It has not so much to do with the disposal of a baby as it does the making of huge amounts of money. :cry:

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
KittenBane said:
Perhaps things are different in the USA, but that doesn't happen here. I would be very scepticle of anything from the anti-abortion lobby as they frequently lie or misrepresent facts.
Do you have any proof that "it doesn't happen" in Britain? If not, then your statement is skewing the truth. Just because you don't see it every day doesn't mean that it isn't happening... Take it from the people who have seen it happen in action. Or is every last one of them lying about the facts to promote their sinister agenda in support of life?

Upvote 0

KittenBane

Mar 2, 2005
✟15,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In reply to porcupine, while it is important to aprroach everything with a critical mind, to automatically dismiss something is just as ignorant as believing a source without any sort of verification.

Whether or not you agree with abortion, it is obvious (in my experience at least) that people who support and even perform abortions do not believe they are doing anything wrong and feel no need to lie about what they do. Of course, this not to say they don't lie, however, they tend to be more commonly guilty of avoiding or downplaying questions regarding what happens to the foetus in these operations (sometimes almost giving the impression that it is just a clean simple operation).

None the less, it is usually the anti-abortion lobby who are usually to ready to accept and spread any information which may advance their position regardless of its validity, and in the end i feel this only ends up in eroding their credibilty.

And on another note, sarcasm offers nothing to a debate.

In response to Scholar in Training, i'm not from Britain, I'm from Australia. As i'm not female and thus will never be pregnant or have the opportunity to experince pregnancy or an abortion personally (thank God), and i can only speak on the information i have gained from articles, documentries and the from conversations with people who have had abortions and been involved in some way with one.
Perhaps i'm not the best person to ask on this subject, but i'm far from convinced of the validity of many of the claims put forward by the anti-abortion lobby about the practices of anti-abortion clinics and there staff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tawny

Senior Contributor
Feb 21, 2005
Buckinghamshire,UK
✟21,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I live in Britain and yes, I will now put my head on the block and say yes, when I was a lot younger I went through this. I had excellent counselling from my doctor and from the hospital. As all of you sit on here and pass judgement about women who go through this, go ahead pass judgement on me!

For those of you who want to know anything, ask me, I will be completely honest!

Upvote 0

KittenBane

Mar 2, 2005
✟15,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I live in Britain and yes, I will now put my head on the block and say yes, when I was a lot younger I went through this. I had excellent counselling from my doctor and from the hospital. As all of you sit on here and pass judgement about women who go through this, go ahead pass judgement on me!

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Hopefully your safe now.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In reply to porcupine, while it is important to aprroach everything with a critical mind, to automatically dismiss something is just as ignorant as believing a source without any sort of verification.
I don't understand what you are saying, porcupine says he was a firsthand witness to this stuff. How can you then say he is believing something that is not verified, when he was the source?

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
KittenBane said:

Whether or not you agree with abortion, it is obvious (in my experience at least) that people who support and even perform abortions do not believe they are doing anything wrong and feel no need to lie about what they do. Of course, this not to say they don't lie, however, they tend to be more commonly guilty of avoiding or downplaying questions regarding what happens to the foetus in these operations (sometimes almost giving the impression that it is just a clean simple operation).

None the less, it is usually the anti-abortion lobby who are usually to ready to accept and spread any information which may advance their position regardless of its validity, and in the end i feel this only ends up in eroding their credibilty.

And on another note, sarcasm offers nothing to a debate.

I automatically dismissed nothing. I have been on the front lines of the abortion wars for nearly 20 years. My experience (thanks ps 139) confirms what I told you. Anti-abortionist have MANY times sent in covert people to check and recheck on this. In fact, even worse, Life Dynamics called hundreds of abortions clinics in the US using a woman claiming to be 13 and claiming her boyfriend was 23 (a crime in every state and required for people at medical clinics to report as potential statutory rape). Most clinic workers instructed the woman to NOT tell them that so they wouldn't have to report or in other ways helped them cover the crime. The conversations were on TAPE. Go to their website (www.ldi.org) and check it out at Life Dynamics in Action. Still want to maintain that these people have no vested interest in killing babies?

BTW, sacrasm works wonderful well in debate. God's prophets and Jesus used it all the time.

Upvote 0

porcupine

Dec 5, 2003
✟1,363.00
Faith
Christian
tawny said:

For those of you who want to know anything, ask me, I will be completely honest!

Have you repented of your murder?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.