'Abortion can be another word for mercy': Actress Anne Hathaway tells The View that lives of...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...16-year-old girls can be 'irrevocably' changed by the ban in states across the US

• Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway appeared on The View on Tuesday to promote her new film, Armageddon Time
  • Hathaway, 39, was asked about her strong and vocal opposition to the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
  • In June, she shared a photo from The Devil Wears Prada, noting that 'the young female characters in this movie' controlled 'their own reproductive health'
  • Hathaway, a mother of two, told The View hosts that the lives of teenage girls have been 'irrevocably' changed in states where abortion is now illegal
Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway has said that 'abortion can be another word for mercy,' noting that the lives of teenage girls have been changed 'irrevocably' since Roe v. Wade was repealed.

Hathaway, a 39-year-old mother of two, appeared on The Viewon Tuesday to promote her new film, Armageddon Time.

Host Joy Behar asked Hathaway to explain her June 30 post celebrating 16 years of The Devil Wears Prada, and noting that the young women in the film were able to carve out careers because they had not fallen pregnant as teenagers.

'Looking back on photos of this beloved film that shaped the lives and careers of so many - mine included - I am struck by the fact that the young female characters in this movie built their lives and careers in a country that honored their right to have choice over their own reproductive health,' Hathaway wrote on June 30 - six days after Roe v. Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court.

'See you in the fight,' her post concluded.

'My own personal experience with abortion - and I don't think we talk about this enough - abortion can be another word for mercy,' Hathaway told Behar.

Continued below.
'Abortion can be another word for mercy': Anne Hathaway says teen girls' lives 'irrevocably' changed | Daily Mail Online

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Depends on the circumstances of the pregnancy. There are times when abortions are required.

However abortion is mercy as much as murder is justice. Semantics played by the ignorant.
There are no times when doing actual evil is ever required. Murder is not justice. Ever. Abortion is not mercy. Ever. Evil is not good. Ever.

Upvote 0