Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New scientific discoveries mean that parents can do some selection regarding the sexual orientation of their children. They can determine a little bit about the probability their child will be homosexual and abort if they do not like those odds. It seems that sexual orientation has certain genetic factors but is not determined. I think this creates a conundrum for many who support abortion and in-vitro fertilization, but also think discrimination against homosexuals is wrong. Aborting people because they are more likely to be homosexuals is extreme discrimination. I will list the science, a bit of the Chinese and American cultural reactions, and the note a Catholic response.

Aborting Babies Because They're Gay: Coming Soon to China

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe this to be true. You can’t map people’s sexual preference that’s ridiculous
Assuming there is some genetic component to same-sex attraction (and there is good reason to think that there is) then it stands to reason that such a gene could be detected in an unborn baby.

If I can believe that any country would pioneer aborting babies based on their possible genetic preference, China probably belongs somewhere near the top of the list.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
New scientific discoveries mean that parents can do some selection regarding the sexual orientation of their children. They can determine a little bit about the probability their child will be homosexual and abort if they do not like those odds. It seems that sexual orientation has certain genetic factors but is not determined. I think this creates a conundrum for many who support abortion and in-vitro fertilization, but also think discrimination against homosexuals is wrong. Aborting people because they are more likely to be homosexuals is extreme discrimination. I will list the science, a bit of the Chinese and American cultural reactions, and the note a Catholic response.

Aborting Babies Because They're Gay: Coming Soon to China
I hope those who worship at the altar of science get to read this.

Upvote 0