I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
If there was an entity evil enough to send babies or children to eternal torment, would we have a moral obligation to work towards abolishing that entity and its power?
This is not a "Christianity harms children" thread.
I would like to view this moral question in a what if Speculative Fiction way.

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there was an entity evil enough to send babies or children to eternal torment, would we have a moral obligation to work towards abolishing that entity and its power?
How would you go about doing that?

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I know where this is going and I have to ask, are you kidding me? Please tell me this isn't going to be another one of those "Christianity is child abuse" threads.
No KatAutumn, I do not know where this is going. I was answering another thread and realised that this was a question that I would like to explore. I was not thinking of Christianity exactly. I was taking it from the viewpoint of a Science Fiction or Fantasy story. That removes the obligation to revet to religious dogma and avoid thinking about the question. OK?
Machzero, I am not sure. How would you do it?

Upvote 0

Murdock

May 8, 2007
✟537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

^_^ And who is omnipotent enough to control the one who created the universe? :scratch: Also, only those who do things deserving punishment will be condemned to eternal torture. :)

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
^_^ And who is omnipotent enough to control the one who created the universe? :scratch: Also, only those who do things deserving punishment will be condemned to eternal torture. :)

Hi, the second para is not true. As I deserve punishment as much as the next person, but I've placed my faith and trust in Christ and have recieved forgiveness for my sins, todays, tomorrows and yesterdays. Christians also sin as well as non Christians.

Upvote 0
^_^ And who is omnipotent enough to control the one who created the universe? :scratch:
Maybe the one who created the one who created the universe?
Why the "omnipotent enough"? Does omnipotence have degrees?
Also, only those who do things deserving punishment will be condemned to eternal torture. :)
Who deserves eternal torture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
In lack of any idea how that could possibly be done, I would at least see it as my obligation to voice my disagreement and to reject support of this entity´s purposes, as well as to firmly contradict those who praise and support this entity, for starters.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I don't think they broadcast Teletubbies any more. So don't worry.

Reactions: kopilo
Upvote 0
I don't think they broadcast Teletubbies any more. So don't worry.
If they still did I think we would have a moral obligation to have them removed from the ears and eyes of children. Moral obligation in the sense of common decency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums