• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Abiogenesis or God?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by ernest_theweedwhackerguy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. God

2. Abiogenesis

3. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomk80

Tomk80 Titleless

+384
    Agnostic
    Or to rephrase: I've lost on the point I tried to make completely and utterly but don't want to admit it. No Ernest, you're really answering other peoples posts here (yes, this last sentence was sarcastic).

2. ernest_theweedwhackerguy

ernest_theweedwhackerguy Hello, I'm Ernest P. Worrell

+185
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    No.....I'd have to say that i didn't.

3. ernest_theweedwhackerguy

+185
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    All you have to do is look around and see survival of the fittest and variation. Variation comes from mutation, and survival of the fittest is plain as day. Look at Bill Gates.

4. Jet Black

Jet Black Guest

+0
    I'd have to say that you did. Your three words were "your a dork"

Well "a" is fine, as is "dork", the problem is with "your". "your" is the posessive form of you, and is used as a modifier before nouns, i.e. your pen, your watch, your computer. It is not a crontraction of "you are" - the contraction is you're. So the correction of your sentence should read:

"you're a dork."

5. ernest_theweedwhackerguy

+185
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    That's a grammatical error of puncuation. That doesn't mean i spelt it wrong, just that i used it the wrong way.

6. Arikay

Arikay HI

+175
    Taoist
    No, it's spelling. Your is not correct if made You'r, it is only correct if made You're, or Youre without the ' mark, thus spelling.

Getting slightly on topic, maybe you can answer peoples questions, what part of the current theory of evolution do you think is wrong?

I should also point out that natural selection and survival of the fittest are basically the same thing, although survival of the fittest is not a completly accurate description of natural selection.

7. Jet Black

Jet Black Guest

+0
    It's not a punctuation error, it is totally the wrong word. That makes it a spelling error because you didn't spell the correct word correctly.

8. armed2010

armed2010 Well-Known Member

+128
    Atheist
    US-Others
    I love how you use Hovind as an example of someone who speaks truth :p

9. Dirtydeak

Dirtydeak Senior Member

+28
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I got some questions, just debate with me here. I have some questions I think are intresting. What are the origins of the laws of physics? If man came from apes were dose that leave us now? I mean we live in a time with both, are we yet evolving? If so, into what?

10. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    *MOD HAT ON*

Thread closed for rule 1 violation.

Warnings given for rule 1 violation.

*MOD HAT OFF*

11. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+169