Ability to sense evil presences, but like a medium?

astral22

Oct 3, 2018
texas
✟17,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've just come here to ask my question and I see there already is a similar thread about my topic here, but not exactly, my is a lot different.
One member wrote here, just a couple of days before me, that he has the ability to sense evil presences, and some or most of you wrote him it's a gift of spiritual discernment.

In a risk that you may think I'm crazy, but honestly, I have a weird ability that without my permission or without anything on my part, I feel evil spirits get inside me, inside my soul. It's hard to explain. It usually starts with me physically feeling the energy of another person, or the spirits around her or him. It's a strong trembling feeling usually around my heart. Like my soul is shaking. I am not scared, but it's not pleasant as I do not know what is happening and it feels very wrong.

Then, this is where it gets really weird, I can sense and hear the evil spirits talking to me in an old Latin or something sounding language that I don't understand. Usually they sound like the deep growling voices of monsters or demons in horror movies. I am still not scared, but I do not feel comfortable at all when that happens.

I am a magnet for people who are strangers to me to reach out to me. It seems like something is provoking them and then this spiritual confrontation or battle occurs. I either have telepathy with such people, although I believe I telepathically talk to the spirits, not humans. Or people start being very mean to me with no reason at all. They suddenly start saying bad things to me. It's a sign for me to get away from them and I do it peacefully and quietly, and I pray and pray for them.

This ability comes with the gift that I see spiritual signs everywhere and often that assure me God is with me. So, I hope this gift is from God then? I've never heard of such gift. I am not really sure what it's called and what should I do with it? It's very intense. What's it's purpose? Does it has to do something with casting out evil spirits? Should I do it and how? Should I just pray to God to lead me with this? I'm just wondering does any of you have such gifts or experiences? It would be great if I could hear from you, as I said, I don't know who to speak about this? Thank you and God bless.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Latin is the language of the antiChrist and frankly, the powers and authority in this world, governments, banks/money, etc.

We're living in the age of the antiChrist and for a very long time already.

Resist the devil, do not allow them in you. Resist when you start to feell them.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Should I just pray to God to lead me with this? I'm just wondering does any of you have such gifts or experiences? It would be great if I could hear from you, as I said, I don't know who to speak about this? Thank you and God bless.

Yes. Seek God's guidance for your gift and be alert for His answers.

I also have the ability to sense evil entities, but they don't enter me.
I know several other people with this ability.

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have the same gift. I can see and feel the enemies presence. You can use the ability to help others that have unhealthy spirits within them, but don't go around telling them they have something unclean in them unless they are already stout to the spiritual world. A lot of people aren't knowledgeable of things like this so it's easy to freak them out.

You can pray over people, tell the enemy to leave people, etc. You can cast out the enemy is subtle ways. When I see something on one of my friends or family I usually pull up an "Exit" sign GIF I have saved in my phone and show it to my friend(s). They never know what I'm doing but the enemy knows. You can also look up words or phrases like "Exit" or "Go Away" in other languages that are not recognizable and say it to people with unclean spirits. Pray for guidance. I was terrified when I first started experiencing these things, then I met other people in the church who could do similar things. Then, I received further confirmation when a few people I met would start seeing/sensing the same things. When you see the enemy, the enemy sees you. You will be persecuted, it's apart of it. Prayers up

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Something seems wrong because is. You are not born again. If you were reborn of the Spirit then evil spirits could not enter you. You might sense them, feel anxious but they could not enter you.

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something seems wrong because is. You are not born again. If you were reborn of the Spirit then evil spirits could not enter you. You might sense them, feel anxious but they could not enter you.

Dave, do you have scripture to reinforce this? I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just interested in learning more about this statement you made.

Without researching, I don’t know if I agree with this. Again, I need to research more, but I’ve been able to sense plenty of unclean spirits within me and pray for deliverance.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dave, do you have scripture to reinforce this? I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just interested in learning more about this statement you made.

Without researching, I don’t know if I agree with this. Again, I need to research more, but I’ve been able to sense plenty of unclean spirits within me and pray for deliverance.
In Matthew 12: 38-45 Jesus drives the demon out of a man but the demon returns because he found the house swept clean ( no indwelling Holy Spirit). Where the Holy Spirit is Satan and his crew can not dwell. Sorry I don't have the exact verse in front of me. You probably can find sermons on this as well. We can be oppressed but not possessed ( by the way oppression can be very strong too but it's not possession). This can be found in Luke as well.

Read this article: Can Christians Be Demon-Possessed?

I can sense evil, I can be shown by the Lord a glimpse of evil or wrong doctrine too ( He has shown me this a few times). I can have demonic attack, we all can. But if we contain the Holy Spirit no demon can enter. Faith is part of our armor, find articles and sermons on the full armor of God to help you...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 12: 38-45 Jesus drives the demon out of a man but the demon returns because he found the house swept clean ( no indwelling Holy Spirit). Where the Holy Spirit is Satan and his crew can not dwell. Sorry I don't have the exact verse in front of me. You probably can find sermons on this as well. We can be oppressed but not possessed. This can be found in Luke as well.

Read this article: Can Christians Be Demon-Possessed?

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, oppression is something I’ve experienced. Possession, not so much. I’ll do some studying.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We can sense evil, be pushed or pressed down by demons, see sometimes demonic activity ( sometimes the Lord will allow a glimpse), we can carry or have attached external demons. These things can go on long term if let go. The thing is to recognize it. Call on Jesus, get into scripture and get this out of your life. You will feel the freedom much as tturt mentions. But we can't be possessed, they can't come in if we are indeed reborn of the Spirit. We may feel anxious but that will go when you rid yourself of them. There is nothing to fear as long as you are in Christ but you might want to strengthen your armor of God up. We have power over demons by the name of Jesus Christ, so get rid of them by the power of Christ.

Demons can inhabit your living space. You can rid yourself of those too. The first thing is to not do or be involved in things that attract them in the first place. Live for Christ, display Godly things vs occult or worldly ( world system) things and clear out your dwelling place by the name of Jesus. Read scripture not Cosmopolitan or Stars magazine where new age and demon worship abound ! Any born again believer can do this by faith.

The Lord has shown me that the world is infested with demonic activity, I believe at one time my personal life was infested with demonic activity. Some of this was inherited but some of it was my life choices too. I believe I've shed it now. It's shed by Christ through our choices, faith and His word and His very name..

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and His blood.

I'm not saying that everyone who experiences this is from personal demons though. I know believers who have experiences like iamchance posted.

Know it can be difficult to understand. The closest thing I can think of is sometimes believers who pray for others to be healed will experience pain and in the location the person needs to be healed. Once they pray for them, the pain stops - for both. Both this isn't every believers experience.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've just come here to ask my question and I see there already is a similar thread about my topic here, but not exactly, my is a lot different.
One member wrote here, just a couple of days before me, that he has the ability to sense evil presences, and some or most of you wrote him it's a gift of spiritual discernment.

In a risk that you may think I'm crazy, but honestly, I have a weird ability that without my permission or without anything on my part, I feel evil spirits get inside me, inside my soul. It's hard to explain. It usually starts with me physically feeling the energy of another person, or the spirits around her or him. It's a strong trembling feeling usually around my heart. Like my soul is shaking. I am not scared, but it's not pleasant as I do not know what is happening and it feels very wrong.

Then, this is where it gets really weird, I can sense and hear the evil spirits talking to me in an old Latin or something sounding language that I don't understand. Usually they sound like the deep growling voices of monsters or demons in horror movies. I am still not scared, but I do not feel comfortable at all when that happens.

I am a magnet for people who are strangers to me to reach out to me. It seems like something is provoking them and then this spiritual confrontation or battle occurs. I either have telepathy with such people, although I believe I telepathically talk to the spirits, not humans. Or people start being very mean to me with no reason at all. They suddenly start saying bad things to me. It's a sign for me to get away from them and I do it peacefully and quietly, and I pray and pray for them.

This ability comes with the gift that I see spiritual signs everywhere and often that assure me God is with me. So, I hope this gift is from God then? I've never heard of such gift. I am not really sure what it's called and what should I do with it? It's very intense. What's it's purpose? Does it has to do something with casting out evil spirits? Should I do it and how? Should I just pray to God to lead me with this? I'm just wondering does any of you have such gifts or experiences? It would be great if I could hear from you, as I said, I don't know who to speak about this? Thank you and God bless.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! To have entered you, they need permission. Why would you choose the name astral? Perhaps you need to renounce a few things to The Lord in prayer. And yes the enemy does enter in and can be felt around the heart and throat area. He who is truly born from above, they enemy can not enter in, but only harass(oppress). What you describe I have seen before in another, and it only got progressively worse for them. Lay it all down at His feet.

Upvote 0

pharmlife

Dec 18, 2019
Texas
✟8,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m not as sure what to say about this post at the moment, but I saw your post from a year back about astral projection. I am a Christian, and I believe I have struggled with this too. I have never been involved with anything Occultic, which makes it weirder in my case—but I do believe I might be able to tell you what helped and what didn’t help me where this matter is concerned. Is this something you would still like to talk about?

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are not alone. I too can sense evil presences or spiritual beings, sometimes they talk to me too, but I am quiet person and I don't always answer. Some of them have been inside of me too, the feeling is kind of weird when they try to take away your free will and control you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

In my opinion there are ways to beat this if you want to.......

Baptism by immersion in faith in the death burial and resurrection of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is one of the ways.

Attending various churches until you find a church where there are truly gifted people who know about this is another possibility.

Have you ever been anointed with oil in the name of the Lord as advised in James 5?
14 Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him."

Anointing oil in the name of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and anointing the door posts and window frames of your home can have an amazing effect that could follow you even outside of your home...... I think that there are more as well if you are interested...... i believe that you have described your situation accurately.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Discernment is one of my spiritual gifts and I can detect spiritual presences through several senses. But they have never inhabited me or wrested control either.

Spiritual vexation is an external phenomenon and will include some level of harassment. But occupancy is another matter. You cannot operate in the gift of discernment while demonically infested.

Mediums surrender control to entities. This usually occurs through channeling. In these instances, the words they deliver are actually the spirit talking.

Similar behaviors are found with spirit guides and familiars. Neither are from the Lord! Nor would He sanction a demonic spirit to hijack your person in His name.

All of this falls under occult practices. God clearly addresses this in numerous places as forbidden. The purpose of the gift of discernment is to aid in knowing if the words or behavior are genuinely of Him or hail from another source.

The devil is a liar. Having conversations with them will only inspire more and they’re meant to gain your trust. They’ll pretend to be the Holy Spirit too.

Your best defense is the word. You must know it well to test the spirit. They quote scripture too. The spirit within you must bear witness. Prayer and fasting will sharpen you.

~Bella

Upvote 0

pharmlife

Dec 18, 2019
Texas
✟8,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Look astral22, I have wrestled with something similar. Astral projection at night, and what not. Unintentional, but yes it happens anyway, and it frightens you and alarms you. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I can tell you what worked and what didn't for me. Is there any way you can message me privately?

Upvote 0

StubbyMAC

Jan 15, 2020
Warsaw
✟7,997.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can sense demons, i can see them through the eyes of other persons, sometimes they talk to me in my mind and i guess they can change my thoughts, trying to convince me they are my own. I have mental illness, so no one really believes me, only some christians, but a lot of christians do not really believe that Satan and demons are real, too. Demons have power beyond our imagination, but they can do as much as God allows them. Sometimes these are trials, sometimes there is a sin, which God tries to show you, sometimes God allows that for the demons to see, that christians have actually more power than them, every time there is a reason why God is allowing them to do the things they do. As they say, Lord will never give you a burden heavier than you can carry, and i guess it's true. But i don't think we are capable of real struggle with demons, we are really too weak for this, but they are no match for God. But they forget this every time. God gives us power over them, but it is not instant, we have to pray for help, be brave and eventually God will help us. I don't think it's safe to believe that christians are immune to demons, we are all sinners, not saints, and it always opens the door for evil entities.
Demons are always direct, Holy Spirit is always subtle, God knows we can be mistaken and mislead easily, so he made some warnings for us, about false prophets and false miracles. I believe that there is nothing evil in God's work, it just might take some time to realise that. It might be not instant, but in time it will be good. If you hear some thoughts telling you this or that, if you have some instant change in emotions which may seem ok, if you see something in the outside world, which will change your ways, which may seem good at first moment, even if it all takes some time, but in the end you are forced - i guess it's demonic. God will not push anything on us, like thoughts or emotions or feelings, directly or through influence, there is always a choice for us. Subtle leading in correct direction, always respecting our free will. This is what i have learned through my experiences, i hope it will be helpfull a little.

• Winner
Reactions: miggles
Upvote 0