Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Repentance is the changing of the mind. The first form of repentance is changing ones mind from unbelief to belief. From there He makes His Home in us when we receive His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit works in our lives bring up the need to change ones mind from sinning. This is the process of santification. Without His Spirit in our lives we remain a seed with no soil or water.
Blessings
But, isn't repetence synonym with sorrow and regret. Why is it people are calling it a change of mind?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, isn't repetence synonym with sorrow and regret. Why is it people are calling it a change of mind?
Sorrow and regret would be "conviction". The Holy Spirit convicts us to move on to repentance. He is our helper just as Jesus Christ of Nazareth told us.
John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Upvote 0

Dani Cordoba

Sep 4, 2022
San Rafael
✟17,545.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorrow and regret would be "conviction". The Holy Spirit convicts us to move on to repentance. He is our helper just as Jesus Christ of Nazareth told us.
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Now I'm confused. English isn't my native language

Upvote 0

Dani Cordoba

Sep 4, 2022
San Rafael
✟17,545.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Isn't conviction believing in a cause or set of actions? It also displays will power of such belief.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't conviction believing in a cause or set of actions? It also displays will power of such belief.
Here is the definition per King James.
CONVICT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

3. The act of convincing of error; confutation; the act of compelling one to acknowledge his error, or the truth of what is alleged; as, the conviction of a heretic may induce him to abandon his errors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance means a change of heart? I read the article but I want to collaborate I read it as it is.
Yes! The changing of the mind (heart) through His Holy Spirit. We need His help!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, you mean confessing our sins to a priest. Idk, Catholics do it. They know a lot about church history. I should ask them why we both have this tradition.
Tradition says one must do so many Hail Mary's to be repentant and then forgiven , but tradition we merely draw near to God to recieve forgiveness as He draws near to us. James 4:8
But enough about changing terms to suit one's denominational requirments when what is fundamental doesn't change, just how one performs it, whether as to the letter or to the spirit, as was first discussed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The path will always reveal the path. Keeping to what is experienced as firsthand knowledge acquired from the path already walked in, the door opens from what is seen and known to reveal new wisdom and understanding ... the heart search that opens onto new fields of understanding.

Those on this journey are those who are planted alongside the river of living water, from where wisdom flows. Yoked with Christ the fruit of the spirit becomes the way to spirituality and partnership in sowing the incorruptible seed becomes the way of life.

Plowing in light ... The pictograph of the Hebrew letter noon is a picture of a seed, the result of complete obedience. The Reysh means overcoming in judgement or the top/beginning of something. Combined these mean “seed beginnings”

Rains in the mountainous areas cause a flooding of the rivers. The rivers swell causing the water to flood the land next to the river. This is the only water that the land would see and was necessary for crop production.

After the flood season, the land was plowed by the use of a plow attached to the yoke of the oxen. The surface of the soil is dry but, when the soil is turned up it glistens in the sun from the water remaining in the soil. The water is necessary for the seed to begin to germinate.​

It is enough that the soul’s desire seeks The Heavenly Father’s authority for guidance. Finding and living in God’s way is simply learning to be content and happy therein. That is the blessing, happiness. God as Father. we as children, therein find the way. Happy is the soul that knows that.

Supernatural grace is having His law written on our own hearts. Learning contentment is to not betray our own hearts to turn away from God to the enticing idols produced by the world.

Upvote 0