Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ok is any one else stressed with uni work. ive got 3 weeks left and so much work to do it seems impossible and this is my final year. my dad died earlier this year wich is why i got behind i could have more time but then i would grauate next year not this year. so its work work work! aahhhhh

HoT-MetaL

Yahweh Warrior
Nov 29, 2003
Kent
Visit site
✟18,614.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Conservative
Im stressed as to whether or not to go. My mum and dad expect me to go, and i think its unfair that they put that pressure on me: I dont want to go, but at the moment it seems like i HAVE to.

I just get upset about it. I havent even thought about a career, all I want to do is serve God.

Maybe spend a year in Bible Study, but my dad would disown me, since he's a hindu. My mums still living at home, so it would be hell for her.

I just dont know what to do

:(

Upvote 0

london boy

Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm in the same boat. I'm graduating this year too and have a great deal of studying to do still over the next month or so, but I can't wait til it's over! Being my final year, I got really fed up over the last few months...the only thing I've wanted to do is get everything out of the way!

Upvote 0

Cordelia

Temperamental Girl of God
Apr 14, 2004
Leeds, United Kingdom
✟10,155.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
shout2thelord said:
ok is any one else stressed with uni work. ive got 3 weeks left and so much work to do it seems impossible and this is my final year.
Hey, I'm sorry about your dad. As to uni...I'm only in my second year but I get everything you said! I've got three weeks before a huge deadline, my boss (hates students) is bullying me into working more hours and I don't know how I'll do it, but somehow it all usually gets handed in on time. I find making lots of lists helps, and setting targets for each day, then not letting anything get in the way of completing them. Above all, I think it's about keeping a clear head and reminding yourself that you've worked hard enough this long! Good luck :D

hotmetal, woah, that's tricky :confused: I know plenty of people who got pressured into going away to uni and dropped out soon anyway, so it ended up a lot more traumatic for everybody (financially, etc...) than if they'd just not gone in the first place. Could you try talking it over more, write your parents a letter or something? It's good to compromise, too. I guess they want you just to have some sort of future, so think about something, anything, you could do that they might agree is worthwhile towards that. Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hey good luck to london boy i know how u feel ive wanted to quit since the start of this year but God really strengthened me and then dad died and it got really hard again so i got behind and then i knew i had to do it for him because i was only going to go to my graduation ceremony so he could go cos i would be the first in my family to do it. i think everyone struggles in their last year.

cordelia just stick your ground if it comes to it leave work, well if u have enough money to cover it, i get full student loan so i guess im ok. but dont let them pressure you. oh and pray for favour.

hotmetal just keep trusting God listen to him and go the way he wants you to. The other stuff will be hard butif your following God then thats the best bet and he will show you what to say to your parents.

i think that we must be mad to be students. :)

Upvote 0

london boy

Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shout to the Lord, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I can't even begin to imagine how it's been to be in your shoes, but I'm glad to hear you're pulling through. It shows a great deal of character to be able to handle such an event.
Just to clarify my uni situation. I believe that my main problem has been because I took time off, it's been hard to get back into the swing of things. I got fed up of the routine and just wanted to do my exams. Socially things have been tough too. I travel to uni so don't get the chance to develop friendships. My closest friends are in my old church in Germany from when I spent time there.
Hotmetal, ultimately it's your choice. If you feel you have to do something, then don't. You need to be able to make a clear decision with regards to your future without feeling pressurised. Even if you don't choose what your parents want, they will eventually accept it. My advice would be to pray about your situation. After all, God's way is always the best way. He always will provide the answers to our problems.
Cordelia, your boss should accept the fact that you're studying. It's a great deal of time and effort so make the most of your degree. Pray that God will open your boss' heart and make him more sensitive to your needs.

God bless

Daniel

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
there is like this amazing grace thta God gives us to get through everything. but as much as i will give everything i have to try and graduate this year God has been talking to me about having perfect peace whether it happens or not because if i trust in him completely then it doesnt become such a big issue. anyway i think really i need to be doing some work.
london boy how many weeks til u finish now i think i have about 3? (i hope) the more time the better.
i was going to post a link to another thread that expalined my situation more but they are all really negative cos i posted just after it happened and i was really struggling. im just apprehensive about telling peopel the whole story because they get freaked out but im sure its not taht unusual. my dad died before christmas but my mum died when i was 16 before i was a christian and im the oldest child, a younger sister who is 15 i have. so there are many other responsibilities but God has really give me the grace to get through things lately he really has changed my perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pirch80

The Spirit Warrior
Feb 9, 2004
California
✟227.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Right now I'm going to regular college but I'm having to take Anatomy and believe me it isn't an easy class. Lots and lots of memorizing and plus my parents added more pressure to it. They told me if I get a B in it I can go to Fresno State and try to get into their Radiologic Technology program. Unfortunately today I found out that's not possible. Also right now I'm trying to help my friend who is also trying to pass this Anatomy class and right now I'm just not sure how I can do this. Luckily me passing is looking good but I keep on trying to figure out how to encourage my friend when I have no idea what I can do.

Upvote 0