• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aaah stupid OCD Am i going to hell now ?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by _Lily_76, Dec 2, 2017.

1. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Evangelical Catholic Supporter

+4,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Be sure to ask your doctor about blood tests to check your vitamin D status, then. The sun is not a reliable source for many people. You can also take it as a supplement. 1,000 units a day is perfectly safe long term, but if you are severely deficient, a doctor may prescribe larger dosages short-term. Vitamin D is very important, not just for your bones but for most organ systems in your body, especially the brain and immune system.

Other vitamins to check are folate and B-12. Many people are deficient in both, b-12 is harder to absorb as we age. Some people have genetic mutations that require higher dosages of folate, or they have difficulty processing the vitamin into a usable form (which is why methylfolate is the best form of the vitamin). A deficiency of either one can cause treatment-resistant depression.

It could be something that simple is making your problems that much worse.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. _Lily_76

_Lily_76 _Lily_76 Supporter

+1,043
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    UK-Labour
    am at one of my groups and sitting listening to Orthodox Christian music its so amazing my friend cant hear it as its am using headphones but its relaxing me i think i want to learn more and more about Orthodox Christianity it amazes me so much but i cant leave the church am at now as id lose my friends and people who help me feel safe if i went to another church but am going to try and get books on the subject and learn about it i need to go and get something to eat now and get off this pc as others want to use it i want to get some music to take with me of Orthodox Christian music need to ask my husband if he will get me some it helps me a lot

3. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Student of Christ Supporter

+145
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Try spotify! Also there are many good English chants on Youtube.

4. _Lily_76

+1,043
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    UK-Labour
    what is wrong with me ? me and my husband been fighting over the password for the pagan forum he gave me but there was an mix up with the e mail adress and i e mailed the site wanting access again
    my husband isnt speaking to me right now he says that am putting forums before our relationship maybe he right i really am a mess feel like cutting at the moment but have nothing to use as my husband has hid the knifes because i thought earilyer that i was going to hurt him with them
    i am mess i feel mucking up i cant keep doing this i'll lose him if i keep going on like this
    unsure if am in my right mind at the moment something is really wrong with me

5. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Evangelical Catholic Supporter

+4,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Lily, you need to stop worrying about spiritual things, about pleasing God. Jesus took care of all spiritual things for you 2,000 years ago when he died for you, paying for all your sins you will ever commit. God has reconciled himself to you, with all your problems, he accepts you as you are. You just need to focus on taking care of yourself and your family, that is what God wants you to do. Jesus has you in his arms and he is not going to let you go.

6. _Lily_76

+1,043
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    UK-Labour
    its like i have to be right the questions i have ill never find out until i die but i keep wanting the answers now its not my time yet unless i make it my time and to do that means i have to end it maybe i should

maybe i cant carry on like this

7. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Student of Christ Supporter

+145
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Suicide is not the answer. I too struggled with "the" question to the point of depression and self harm. I found Orthodoxy and it has healed me greatly. It helped me alot on this kind of thing to just submit to church doctrine. You can only have so many answers, some things are just mystery. They key is to allow yourself to settle on what you believe to be most true. Paganism has all kinds of logical fallacy and most could barely even be considered religions. I'm curious what kind of paganism you are so interested in? I have quite a bit of experience with paganism.

8. _Lily_76

+1,043
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    UK-Labour
    your right its not the answer its something i need to know but id upset my family and friends if i did anything like that id upset a lot of people this morning av decided not to go out but to stay in until 2 pm where me and my husband will go and get shopping together i told him how i was feeling he also said its not the answer too my husband found away to ban the pagan website and it worked am going to stick with Eastern Orthodox and my own church i need Jesus in my life more now than ever

9. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,953
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    This sounds a sensible idea Lily :)

Your husband will help you stick to this resolve

10. _Lily_76

+1,043
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    UK-Labour
    really have to see my pastor when he gets back on Tuesday from holiday hopefully things calm down now
    i need to keep my focus here

11. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+5,335
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    continued prayers!

12. PittBullMom

PittBullMom Eastern Orthodox Catechumen

+61
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    you need to ground yourself. Just concentrate on what is directly in front of you. Grounding Suggestions for anxiety attacks might help. Just notice the color, texture, temperature, and shape of everything around you. Then detach from what you are obsessing about. Watch a nature or science show. Even the news or an old sitcom on TVland.