✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not in the Bible.

Yup, it is. It was a place traveled near or at by Paul (Adria or also referred to as Adrias). The Adriatic Sea is derived from the ancient city named "Adria".

more properly Adrias, the Adriatic Sea. (Acts 27:27) The word seems to have been derived from the town of Adria, near the Po. In Paul's time it included the whole sea between Greece and Italy, reaching south from Crete to Sicily. [MELITA]

Link ---> Topical Bible: Adria

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yup, it is. It was a place traveled near or at by Paul (Adria or also referred to as Adrias). The Adriatic Sea is derived from the ancient city named "Adria".

more properly Adrias, the Adriatic Sea. (Acts 27:27) The word seems to have been derived from the town of Adria, near the Po. In Paul's time it included the whole sea between Greece and Italy, reaching south from Crete to Sicily. [MELITA]

Link ---> Topical Bible: Adria

Although there are a multitude of geographic locations in the Mediterranean area such as Ionia and Sicily, only a small number are actually mentioned in the Bible itself. Paul did, indeed, cross the Adriatic Sea on numerous occasions but Adria is never mentioned in the Bible.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Although there are a multitude of geographic locations in the Mediterranean area such as Ionia and Sicily, only a small number are actually mentioned in the Bible itself. Paul did, indeed, cross the Adriatic Sea on numerous occasions but Adria is never mentioned in the Bible.

I dunno, that might be a matter of opinion, since the place is rather ancient, and the article mentions it.

It's rather obscure, therefore i'm willing to just leave it be.

This is a FUN thread, my'friend.

:D :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I dunno, that might be a matter of opinion, since the place is rather ancient, and the article mentions it.

It's rather obscure, therefore i'm willing to just leave it be.

This is a FUN thread, my'friend.

:D :hug:

Thanks! I enjoy these threads and appreciate you.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums