• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

a wierd sort of dilemia

BigEd

an adopted child of God
Feb 15, 2002
connecticut
✟9,726.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
Life has been very good these days. the Lord has really blessed me in many ways. there are still deffinately areas of my life he is still working on, but all in al life is good. The strange thing is i feel this wierd sense of uncomfortablness, with it. I guess most of my life, I have been used to endless crisis and problems. defeats and failure. I have this strange discomfort at times with the goodness of my life. feel uncomfortable when people compliment me. I also feel because things are going well that i always need to say and do the exactly right thing. Then I beat myself up when I don't. i also have a fear that something will happen and all this blessing will end. many times it comes in a morbid sort of fantasy.

what I would ask is if any one here has ever experienced that? and how did you deal with it? i would also be grateful for any prayer on this.

Thanks,
God Bless You,
Ed

led

forgiven
Jun 24, 2003
LosAngeles
Visit site
✟16,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First, you have to realize that defeats and struggles aren't a bad thing. They are stepping stones to help you be stronger and wiser. Anyone who doesnt fail will not succeed. Your life is like an artwork. Some parts of a picture are dark, others are light. But, when it is all done, it is a beautiful painting. God's plan for you has a mixture of joy and struggles. But, in the end, it is all going to work out.

Oh, and compliments aer hard to get used to. But, you better get used to them. As you walk with God you are becoming a peson that is going to shine. The longer you serve him, the greater the compliments will get.

Upvote 0

lostangel

Forgiven by God
Sep 28, 2003
B.C
Visit site
✟15,317.00
Its awesome to hear that God has been working in your life, a quiet after a storm is strange, but its calming, allow yourself to rest, and refill, Thank God for what he has brought you through. Compliments are hard to get used to , but they are great self esteem boosters! Learn to say thank you to them.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enjoy the good times while they last because you never know what God has in store for you next. Its like when we have a nice weekend in winter around here people talk about how we're in for it later. Nonsense, good times are a gift and challenging times are about par for the course.

Upvote 0

desper84unity

Jul 31, 2003
✟352.00
Faith
Christian
You might be a perfectionist (kinda an o/c,obssesive/compulsive), which would explain why you keep going over things. Or it may simply be your conscience or the Spirit prodding you.

However, remember the rich young man in the gospel? Things were going well with him and he went to Christ, and asked him what else he should do. You could do the same, and perhaps Jesus would answer you the same way! He may say something like ["very well, go to the next level of service to me, sell your possessions, give to the poor, and follow me into missions!"

Why don't you ask God (don't forget to silence your own internal voice, and block the devil's). See what God has to say. Bet he answers!

Upvote 0

Hopeful

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
✟1,199.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi Big Ed, i really do feel the same way,anytime everything is going well, i get scared cos i might relax my guard and then i wont be able to cope and anytime i ask God for something and i get it, i start to cry for no reason. i am OCD or whatever and sort of a perfectionist, i dont know if you have the same thing and i really dont know what to tell you but if it helps, Good things happen only because God wants it to and he is rewarding you like he promised, so enjoy them and use them to help other people but like any gifts you receive from friends, dont throw it back at God. i hope you fill better :hug:

Upvote 0