A weird (diff'rent) kind'a countin' thread....

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Gonna count da chapters (not really "count" them as much as list them fer me own learnin'), as a way to become familiar with the books of the Bible, and maybe highlight one verse or so that catches me attention, and thus meditate on it.

Genesis 1:

Verses 3-4 stand out, highlighting that there was the "absence" of light (darkness) before God said "Let there be light"

what's intriguing here is that God "divided" the "light" from the "darkness"

If He "divided" them, does that mean they were "together", as "one"? What does it mean that He "divided" them?

(That's a whole Bible study in itself).

Wait a minute...then there's verse 2 where it says that darkness was upon the face of the "deep"...just what in the world is "deep"...what does that mean? Then it says "waters"....soooooo, the "face of the deep" is "waters"? Another intriguing catch here is "Spirit of God"......intriguing...so this is God's Spirit, the "Holy Spirit" then? I wonder what it means that the Spirit of God "moved" upon the face of the waters?

verse 2:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The more ya' dig ya' realizes there's so much more to "dig". It's an ONION, mon, wif lots'a layers. And in each "digging" God reveals what was not known before. It's an "adventure" each time. His Spirit is da best-est Teacher ever, and DELIGHTFUL.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jeremiah 33:3 (This could be interpreted as "SEEK me in my Word", which is surely a way to call unto God.) And "digging" in God's Word, is a fervent "seeking" for Him and "calling" unto Him.

Shovel-Ready-300x200.jpg

Last edited:

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

A verse which seems almost out of place, until you realize that bdellium was used to make frankincense and myrrh!

Gold, frankincense, and myrrh!

Jesus was there, mon! :clap:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
EXCELLENT catch there Av!!

Intriguing how the entire Bible ties together, like puzzle pieces, or a beautiful tapestry....

Thank you for sharing that. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
EXCELLENT catch there Av!!

Intriguing how the entire Bible ties together, like puzzle pieces, or a beautiful tapestry....

Thank you for sharing that. :)
Thankee, Miss Brinny! :)

'Tis indeed most intriguing how everything fits like a glove! :woot:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
YES, it is! And as it all unfolds we see how perfectly it fits, as we delve into His Word. His Word really IS all that He says it is.

Kinda' inexplicable, isn't it?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, it's like it IS woven together, isn't it? Strand by strand...and those strands become evident, as we delve into His living Word. There's affirmation from the Holy Spirit that God IS and it's an un-shakeable confirmation, anchored by HIS grasp (holding onto) of us, that NONE can remove.

God wove His Word in a certain way, that when we delve into it, He releases blessings and goodness and sheds Light on what was not noticed before, but then shines as a beacon, meshing with other verses read before and grasped by the ministering and grace and teaching of the Holy Spirit.

That IS glorious, that God's fingerprints are ALL OVER His Word. There's none that could counterfeit it, for His Blueprint is all in it. And the Holy Spirit confirms all of it that it is indeed HIS.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." ~Hebrews 4:12

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." ~Isaiah 55:11

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Genesis 3:

Look at verse 14:

"And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

it seems that the serpent, before this big trespass and deliberate tempting of Eve and Adam, that the serpent had "legs", for before this, it did not crawl on its belly.

Also, this seems to be the very beginning of "shame". Look at verses 7-10:

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."

Tragic.

stock-photo-13269068-adam-amp-eve-hide-from-god.jpg

Reactions: dizzielizzie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.