A Warning to Bible abiding Christians

A Warning to Bible abiding Christians

If you are looking for a spouse, please be careful with women and men who pose as Christians. These people are only Christians in name. All they are interested is something you posses. Test them. And you will know if they had read the Bible. They cannot satisfy your spiritual hunger. The carnal hunger will last only for 30-60 days. Then the romance will die out and you will end up with a pagan. She/he will lead you further and further away from the Lord.

As it is written:

Proverbs 6:23-26 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.

Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Beware! Remember that once married, it is forever.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by seebs
Watch especially for people who are very judgemental, and quick to call others "not true Christians", and who forget that love is, always, a gift from God.

And watch out for those that befriend the world and it's wisdom vs. the wisdom contained within the God's Holy Spirit.

Be watchful for those that come speaking strange doctrine contrary to that contained within the gospel of Jesus Christ.

II Timothy 4:1-4.

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

e4God

Visiting WebHead
Mar 11, 2002
Citizen of The Heavens
Visit site
✟8,085.00
Faith
Christian
Um... You know.... Hosea was called to marry a harlot. She lived out her issues. And Hosea modeled Christ in that situation.

He suffered her adulteries, Taking her back as often as she would return, as a model for Christ's love.

So maybe none of this is as clear cut as it might seem?

Or maybe it is a very highly individual thing in each Believer's walk?

Discernment is a great gift! Especially when used in selecting a life partner.

But if lacking, and sure that one's own motivation is not simple lust, then one may trust that God has a plan and that Romans 8:28 is still in the bible :)

Don't ya think?

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Carnal desire is a good thing in a marriage and non-christian marriages (including Pagan) are just as stable as Christian ones. Pagans generally don't have a lot of hangups, insecurities, and false guilt in the sex department. I've seen marriages between Christians and Pagans break up and it's usually the result of self flagellation and guilt complexes on the part of the Christian over being "unequally yoked".

Havoc

Upvote 0

Thunderchild

Sheep in Wolf's clothing
Jan 5, 2002
Adelaide
Visit site
✟3,180.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Havoc: Any pagan HPS worth her weight (or his, as the case may be) will warn members of her coven against being "unequally yoked" - though not in those terms. The differences in the religious practices even between pagan (say, primarily earth) and pagan (say, primarily water) can cause conflicts. Between Christian and Pagan, the differences and conflicts are magnified a thousand fold.

Self flagellation is a little after the point of no return if the partner was known to be pagan before the marriage. And no devout Christian or Pagan would even begin to consider a yoking with the other - assuming of course, that either was properly instructed in the first place.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
True, and I doubt that his original use of the word "pagan" is correct in the word's common use today. Probably he should have said "someone who believes differently than I do". Pagans of vastly different beliefs seem to be able to get along in marriage quite well, it's only when "yoked" to an Abramic with their "my way or hell's highway" philosophy that problems arise.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Havoc
Carnal desire is a good thing in a marriage and non-christian marriages (including Pagan) are just as stable as Christian ones. Pagans generally don't have a lot of hangups, insecurities, and false guilt in the sex department. I've seen marriages between Christians and Pagans break up and it's usually the result of self flagellation and guilt complexes on the part of the Christian over being "unequally yoked".

Havoc

This is totally your own opinion and is not based in reality. Pagans likely have just as many marital problems as Christians if not more. My opinion based on experience is that when they have the same problems as Christians that because they don't have God to lean on, that they may fall apart when the problems come. If you put to much emphasis on your partner and that partner decides they for some reason or another don't want to be with you anymore, you are devistated. My hubby was counseling a pagan with just this problem this week. People can and often do fail to meet our expectations but, Jesus never fails (as the song goes).

The unequally yoked passage in scripture is for the benefit of the believer and the unbeliever. I have many friends whose husbands aren't saved and they are. This is actually a constant sourse of contention in these ladies marriages. The tell me all the time, they wish they hadn't made the mistake of marrying outside their faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
And that is totally your opinion and not based on reality. Statistically speaking, marital bliss is pretty much independant of religious beliefs. The exception appears to be that marrying a fundamentalist Abramic without being one yourself is pretty much matrimonial suicide.

Fundamentalist Christians have this idea that you cannot be happy, you cannot have a fulfilled life, and you cannot have a successful marriage or family without Christ. There's a few billion people out there that would differ with that point of view.

Havoc

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am not of that opinion Havoc. I was just saying that you are classifying every Christian together by calling them fundamentalists. Some people may have great lives here on the earth as unbelievers, but this isn't the end is it? If it isn't the end and there is really a heaven and a hell, the Christian has security and peace in this life and the life to come, that the unbeliever doesn't have.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
I'd agree with the OP and with seebs. The way to tell is watching how they live and how closely they walk with God and follow his word.

Wow! Let's mark our calendars, we just agreed for what, the third time since I got here?

FWIW, my wife wasn't much of a believer when I started dating her, but by the time I married her, I had her convinced that God exists, and of the basic rightness of Christian morality. I don't think she's convinced about Christ yet, but I'm working on it.

In the end, the question for me was, is she going to make me a better person? The answer is, undoubtedly, yes. She pushes me towards doing the right thing, even when I'm a bit resistant. She is strong, capable of great anger, and compassionate. Looking at her, I can't help but feel that God has blessed me, and that's enough for me.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by Lanakila
I am not of that opinion Havoc. I was just saying that you are classifying every Christian together by calling them fundamentalists. Some people may have great lives here on the earth as unbelievers, but this isn't the end is it? If it isn't the end and there is really a heaven and a hell, the Christian has security and peace in this life and the life to come, that the unbeliever doesn't have.

Actually when I say Fundamentalist I specifically mean Fundamentalist.

IF is a big IF isn't it? I mean IF it isn't the end and there is something other than the Christian heaven and hell is a possibility you've ignored completely. In that case the "unbeliever" (which is a useless term since you obviously apply it to people who DO believe something, just not what you do.) that believes other than you may have more security than the Christian.

Havoc

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thing is seebs is that the bible warns us as christians against such things. Marrying nonchristians is wrong. If you do so the marrage is not christ-centered. I'm not saying it will fail, just that according to scripture, that it is not what it should be. I'm happy that your marrage is going good!! Does that mean I'll tell others to take that chance? Nope. :)

Upvote 0