• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured A warning about False Teaching in the churches!

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by BCsenior, Nov 13, 2019.

1. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,271
    Christian
    If you "simply" believe that Jesus is Lord and God, then you can't live any other way. It isn't a simple belief ... it is quite a large belief which changes your life. There is a difference from saying a simple "prayer of salvation" because you are afraid of hell and dying ... and believing that Jesus is God and controls all the universe. Those who genuinely believe will act that way. Those who don't and believe in a much smaller version of Jesus that isn't really God Almighty aren't really Christians. Both attend most churches.

2. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,049
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Because it drops a condemnation bomb on sincere, godly believers who have their faith alone in Christ, and that Christ is all in all to them, but they struggle with the flesh as it wars against the Spirit in them. These sincere believers desire holiness above all things because they want to glorify the Lord who saved them from the wrath to come, but mourn because they cannot be as holy as they want to be.

It is also has its foundation in that false doctrine of entire sanctification by faith which is pushed by the Wesleyan Holiness movement.

3. BCsenior

BCsenior Still an evangelist

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    If I were you, I would search the Internet.

4. Oscarr

+8,049
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Yes. Being filled with the Spirit is actually being led and controlled by the Spirit. The consciousness of the battle between the flesh and the Spirit is a clear indication that the believer is indwelt by the Spirit.

If the believer is involved in antinomianism, then there wouldn't be that battle between the flesh and the spirit because he would have surrendered to the flesh. But the sincere and genuine believer will not let the flesh dominate him so he fights against it with the power of the Holy Spirit.

5. BCsenior

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    As for me, I am simply posting critical Truth ... I refuse to argue with anyone.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  6. BryanJohnMaloney

BryanJohnMaloney Active Member

+239
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The lazy sort of "once saved always saved" that was denounced wasn't what happens when someone struggles with the flesh. What was denounced is those who refuse to see any need to struggle with the flesh after their "saved" experience. It's interesting that people get so offended when someone denounces that sort of misbehavior.

7. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,466
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Good advice. Or better yet, search the Bible.............

A warning about False Teaching in the churches!

8. BCsenior

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    Jesus says to many, "Why call Me 'Lord, Lord!', and NOT do what I say?"
    Jesus says to believers, "If you love Me, you will obey My commandments."
    Who gets into heaven who doesn't love Jesus?
    Who gets into heaven who doesn't obey His commandments?

9. Oscarr

+8,049
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The vast majority of the so-called prophets we see on the internet are functioning as Old Testament style prophets, which role ceased at the death of John the Baptiser. He was the last Old Testament prophet and was replaced by Jesus, who in turn, empowered the Apostles through the Holy Spirit to give His revelation to the New Testament church.

In these days, Jesus speaks by the Holy Spirit through the written Scriptures and not through Old Testament "prophets to the nations". New Testament prophecy is for the building up, comfort, and encouragement of genuine believers. It is not for unbelievers out there in neo-pagan society. New Testament prophecy does not bring judgment on, or reveal sin in people - because the sin question and future judgment no longer applies to genuine believers.

Therefore, any "prophet" who brings condemnation, railing against sin, or anything of a judgmental nature, is totally false.

10. Oscarr

+8,049
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    People like that, although they have a smattering of religion, are not actually born again of the Spirit of God and therefore are not saved. All genuine believers struggle with the flesh and groan in themselves, desiring and awaiting for the time when they will be free of their body of sin and death and are in their glorified, sinless body in glory with the Lord.

Therefore, any gospel that includes antinomianism (willingly continuing in the works of the flesh) is a false gospel, and the message to such people is that they need to be born again of the Spirit of God and be truly saved.

11. Oscarr

+8,049
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Jesus said that to unconverted Pharisees.

Obeying the commandments is to put one's faith alone in Christ, and to live according to the fruit of the Spirit against such there is no Law. All the commands of Christ are within the fruit of the Spirit, but that does not mean sinless perfection.

12. BCsenior

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    The NT churches did not need a lot in the way of prophecy because
    their leaders were Spirit-filled via the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
    The apostles and prophets chose the evangelists, pastors, teachers,
    and established the churches.
    What the apostles and prophets said was what was adhered to.
    These 2 offices always were the leaders of the NT churches.

How far the churches have fallen!
    It all started when men wanted to be leaders,
    but were NOT chosen by Jesus to be Spirit-baptized.
    They did NOT have any of the 9 spiritual power gifts of 1 Cor 12,
    and were jealous of anyone who were Spirit-baptized and did have some of them!
    So, these men bebunked the whole thing!
    What happened to the churches after the original apostles died off ...
    ... is extremely simple to understand.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  13. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,466
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Indeed..............:oldthumbsup:

Mat 10:28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in gehenna.

Mat 3:7 And having seen many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming about his baptism, he said to them,
    'Brood<1081> of vipers! who did shew you to flee from the being about wrath?

Mat 12:34 'Brood<1081> of vipers! how are ye able to speak good things -- being evil? for out of the abundance of the heart doth the mouth speak.

Matthew 23:33 "Serpents! offspring<1081> of vipers!
    how? ye may be fleeing from the judging<2920> of the Gehenna<1067>

Revelation 18:
    12 Cargo of gold and silver, and precious stone and pearl
    and fine linen and purple, [Luke 16:19/Revelation 18:16]
    and silk, and scarlet, and all thyne wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel of most precious wood and brass and iron and marble 13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointment, and frankincense, and wine and oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep
    and of horses and of chariots and of bodies and souls of men.
    =============================
    Isaiah 66:
    22“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”
    24 “And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

14. WoshipWarrior

WoshipWarrior Well-Known Member

+15
    Christian
    Married
    And yet you also proclaim to be a prophet. Many have claimed such, and many themselves are decieved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+750
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

16. BCsenior

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    Please read more carefully ...
    I am merely quoting what several prophets have said.

But, the point of the whole deal is ...
    When you are told (or are reading) spiritual Truth,
    it is up to the precious Holy Spirit to confirm that it is the Truth.
    This is true for those who have Him indwelling them.
    Or, for the unsaved, He can speak the Truth to their minds.
    Other than that, I do not know.

17. Ricky M

+750
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We are a world of the chronically offended.

18. WoshipWarrior

WoshipWarrior Well-Known Member

+15
    Christian
    Married
    Ok...

How much more carefully do I need to read? So if you are not a prophet you are delivering a word from a prophet? For God or the Prophet?

19. Ricky M

+750
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    The Bible makes several points clear on the subject:

1. We are saved by faith and not works
    2. Once saved God will never let us go
    3. There are some who will taste the grace of salvation and yet turn away
    4. These people are as if they were never saved in the first place
    5. These people cannot be 'saved again'.

Now, you can't glom onto points 2 and 4 and ignore point number 3 just because our finite human brains cannot comprehend how that seeming contradiction would work. That itself is an error and unBiblical.

20. BCsenior

+665
    Canada
    Charismatic
    Married
    1) God tells the prophets.
    2) I listen to (or read) the prophets.
    3) I write what the prophets have said or written.

Hey folks ...
    You think I'd do this if I wasn't called to do it?
    Evangelism is a whole lot easier.
    C'mon, give me a break!