A warning about False Teaching in the churches!

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I have been a Christian for over 60 years now and in all my years I have never met another supposed Christian who identified as one who subscribes to those definitions.

RE: antinomianism

Oh, I have. On another forum site years ago I came across a man that was so Calvinistic about God's sovereignty that he believed God made him an alcoholic.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is not dependent upon a correct understanding or interpretation of scripture. It is dependent upon the right frame of mind and heart. Just because a person believes in faith alone does not mean they are not a devoted servant of God. The Bible teaches that there are some who have works and some who do not have works who will not receive salvation. It also says there are some who have faith and some who do not have faith who will not receive salvation. Neither faith nor works by itself will save a person. Salvation can only be obtained by faith and love.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Salvation is not dependent upon a correct understanding or interpretation of scripture. It is dependent upon the right frame of mind and heart. Just because a person believes in faith alone does not mean they are not a devoted servant of God. The Bible teaches that there are some who have works and some who do not have works who will not receive salvation. It also says there are some who have faith and some who do not have faith who will not receive salvation. Neither faith nor works by itself will save a person. Salvation can only be obtained by faith and love.

It can only be obtained by being born again of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It can only be obtained by being born again of the Spirit.
To me being "born again of the Spirit" is about "submission", and submission to the Spirit, turning over our own will and ways and strength, etc, for His, etc...? Dying to ourselves and our own ways, etc, then being born again in and of His, and all His, etc...?

What do you guys think...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once saved, always saved
There are many NT verses that threaten the loss of salvation!

The pre-tribulation rapture
You aren’t going anywhere … except through economic collapse,
famine, persecution, and the great tribulation of the antichrist.
So, get ready … spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically!

As Christians we are called to a higher standard. Not to satisfy the flesh. Not to "quench the Holy Spirit" and above all love one another which is at the heart of the fruit of the Spirit. Your OP brings up theological and doctrinal issues that appear in denominations. Denominations are congregations and are subject to error. The "Church" on the other hand , is the Body of Christ which holds all Truth. "Truth" is absolute and not relative. This is why we must test all things and be fully convinced we are working in the realm of "absolute truth". This is not an easy task as Satan deceives us when ever he can. If a Christian is truly honest with themselves and walks with the Holy Spirit daily, they will be begin to see the "absolute truth" brought to us by Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Be blessed and thanks for your post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your OP brings up theological and doctrinal issues that appear in denominations.
Denominations are congregations and are subject to error.
The "Church" on the other hand , is the Body of Christ which holds all Truth.
"Truth" is absolute and not relative.
Sorry, by the "church" today I mean the people
who attend meetings in church buildings, etc.

God has been telling his prophets/watchmen that the church has left Him!
The church today is FAST ASLEEP and needs to WAKE UP.

One main reason for the economic collapse
(which is well under way, but seen by only a few)
is to wake up the church.

One prophetess says it's about DEATH TO LIFE,
like the dry bones situation in Ezekiel.
DEATH means the church is DEAD.

And to think there are those who call themselves Christians,
who do NOT believe God still talks to HIS people, is mind-boggling!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
To me being "born again of the Spirit" is about "submission", and submission to the Spirit, turning over our own will and ways and strength, etc, for His, etc...? Dying to ourselves and our own ways, etc, then being born again in and of His, and all His, etc...?

What do you guys think...?

God Bless!

and @theoneandonlypencil and @BNR32FAN

That is absolutely true, but people could just be submitting to the LAW. Neo, my friend, I was in such a position for 30 years of going to church, but finally found I could not always run from temptation. With the carnal nature in tack, the mind knows what is the right thing to do, but the flesh will sometimes win, and that is why Christians will fall into sin. It is a constant struggle which Paul brilliantly depicts in most of Romans 7. People with the sin nature in tack and who fall into occasional sin, will hang on to Paul's words about the constant struggle, for dear life! When they are good, they are good and feel good about themselves; when they are bad, they are bad and feel constantly convicted, but then tell themselves - "everybody sins." Therein lies the deception taught in the Reformation. They are even taught they automatically have the Spirit, even when there is no evidence of power over all sin.

Does the Spirit sin? No! Without the Spirit our knowledge of the moral law in our head only produces "works" and we believe we are saved, which is a self-righteous lie. It is not just works of circumcision, holy days, and diet; but also doing good only in our own strength, because it doesn't last, thus the struggle.

When Peter said, "Repent" in Acts of the Apostles 2:38 to receive the Holy Spirit, he didn't mean repent of the sins I did today, and accept Christ to cleanse those sins, but our WHOLE SIN NATURE that is constantly spewing out sin even if it is just in our wicked hidden thoughts. It is recognizing the struggle of Romans 7, and seeing that we are exceedingly sinful beings that can never be actually holy. And we read at the end of Romans 7 where we must come to "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" When I finally came to that place of the realization I cannot give up my sin on my own, I too cried out to God saying "I can't do this. I am weak, You are strong. You do it and take this desire away, because I am helpless." It was only then, after 30 years of believing in Christ, that He answered the first prayer that had ever been answered in my whole life. It wasn't some imputed filling of the Spirit, it was actual. I was filled to overflowing, and ALL my desire to sin was GONE! I had the strength of God and His divine nature. Now I could walk in the Spirit and hear His voice. I was born again.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Amen and abiding in Christ.

Yes! And when we abide in Christ, did you know that to prove to ourselves that we are, He answers all our prayers, because we can hear His voice, and He tells us His will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes! And when we abide in Christ, did you know that to prove to ourselves that we are, He answers all our prayers, because we can hear His voice, and He tells us His will.

If by will you mean His desire then yes I would agree. If by will you mean His plan then I would say that may not be true for all who abide in Him.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
If by will you mean His desire then yes I would agree. If by will you mean His plan then I would say that may not be true for all who abide in Him.

We receive not, because we ask not. I'm not talking about a general plan, but specific needs. I do not pray my needs UNTIL He speaks and tells me vocally "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you may ask for this.... I repeat His words He just spoke, and it comes to pass immediately. I have learned to completely wait on Him.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
We receive not, because we ask not. I'm not talking about a general plan, but specific needs. I do not pray my needs UNTIL He speaks and tells me vocally "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you may ask for this.... I repeat His words He just spoke, and it comes to pass immediately. I have learned to completely wait on Him.

It can be even little things. I will misplace my keys or my wallet and look for half an hour, and then I'll hear His voice say, "I know where they are, ask Me." I'll say, "Of course you do, please direct me to where they are." Within 2 seconds I find my keys or wallet as I lift up a pillow or something. We have this fun relationship! He tests me to see if I really will wait! He knows whether or not I will, of course, but by doing this over and over, it becomes second nature to wait on Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only doctrines criticized by the original post were a lazy "once saved always saved" chacterized by a "saved" experience and no effort afterwards, and the old pretrib rapture thing.

And that is what engendered so much butthurt?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
“You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there
will be very difficult times … These teachers oppose the truth …

They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith.” (2 Timothy 3:1, 8)
“For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and
wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look
for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.
They will reject the truth and chase after myths.” (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
“… some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches,
saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives” (Jude 4)
That can also compare with the last days of 1st century Jerusalem and the Temple.

Note Daniel 11, which I view as fulfilled in the 1st century North/South Jewish Wars:

Daniel 11 and the great North/Israel/Gentiles vs South/Judah War

Daniel 10:1
In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, even a great warfare<6635>
and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.

Dan 11:33
And the teachers of the people give understanding to many;
and they have stumbled by sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil -- days.
Dan 11:35
And some of the teachers do stumble for refining by them, and for purifying, and for making white -- till the end of the time, for it is yet for a time appointed.
Revelation 13:10 If any to-captivity into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed.
Here is the endurance<5281> and the faith of the Saints [Luke 21:24]

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive
============================
Luk 2:46
And it came to pass, after three days, they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both hearing them and questioning them,
Luk 5:17
And it came to pass, on one of the days, that he was teaching, and there were sitting by Pharisees and teachers of the Law, who were come out of every village of Galilee, and Judea, and Jerusalem, and the power of the Lord was -- to heal them.

1Ti 1:7
willing to be teachers of law, not understanding either the things they say, nor concerning what they asseverate,
2Ti 4:3
for there shall be a season when the sound teaching they will not suffer, but according to their own desires to themselves they shall heap up teachers -- itching in the hearing,

Heb 5:12
for even owing to be teachers, because of the time, again ye have need that one teach you what are the elements of the beginning of the oracles of God, and ye have become having need of milk, and not of strong food,

James is talking to the OC Israelite converts to Christ.............

Jas 3:1
Many teachers become not, my brethren, having known that greater judgment we shall receive,

1203. despotes des-pot'-ace perhaps from 1210 and posis (a husband); an absolute ruler ("despot"):--Lord, master.

2 Peter 2:1 And there did come also false prophets among the people, as also among you there shall be false teachers, who shall bring in destructive sects,
and the Owner/Master<1203> Who bought them, denying/disowning/arnou-menoi <720> (5740), bringing to themselves quick destruction
[Jeremiah 14:14,15/Matt 24:11/Jude 1:4/Revelation 6:10]

Revelation 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered because of the word of God and the testimony they had given. 10 And they cry out to a great voice saying "how long, the Owner/Master<1203> the Holy and True, not Thou are judging and avenging the blood of us from out of the ones homing upon the land?"

=====================

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The only doctrines criticized by the original post were
a lazy "once saved always saved" chacterized by
a "saved" experience and no effort afterwards,
and the old pretrib rapture thing.

And that is what engendered so much butthurt?
The OP says the above were the 2 most grievest
of all of the False Teachings in today's church.

Because ... these 2 False Teachings ...
are sending multitudes of so-called "believers" to hell.

The 3 main reasons for this horrible tragedy are:
-- Satan
-- pastors who are deceived and/or corrupt
-- church sheep members who are deceived

P.S. MANY sheep will be so upset with their pastors
when the great tribulation of the antichrist arrives
(which will focus on the severest persecution),
they will just simply FALL AWAY from the faith!
They will NOT have been prepared in any way
for this incredibly horrible state of affairs!
MANY will be so upset at their pastor, church, and God
that they will run from the faith, from the Bible, from God.
MANY will take the dreaded mark of the beast ... and be lost.

I am here to warn you to not be one of them!
ALL God can do is warn you! ... ALL I can do is warn you!

The sons of God are led by His Spirit (Romans 8:14).
Are you a son/daughter of God?
Are you led by His Spirit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, by the "church" today I mean the people
who attend meetings in church buildings, etc.

God has been telling his prophets/watchmen that the church has left Him!
The church today is FAST ASLEEP and needs to WAKE UP.

One main reason for the economic collapse
(which is well under way, but seen by only a few)
is to wake up the church.

One prophetess says it's about DEATH TO LIFE,
like the dry bones situation in Ezekiel.
DEATH means the church is DEAD.

And to think there are those who call themselves Christians,
who do NOT believe God still talks to HIS people, is mind-boggling!
Who are the "prophets" you keep talking about?

Upvote 0

WoshipWarrior

Jan 31, 2007
✟14,737.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread reminds me why I left CF years ago. I only recently thought of it a few weeks back, and decided to check it out again.

If this energy was spent making disciples and not arguing amongst our selves the Kingdom would be better for it. Jesus said, go and make disciples, and these signs will follow those that believe, In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

He didn't say we'd argue ad nauseum over His Word.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Again, what if you are wrong?
God's written Word is the only real truth. It is clearly written and plainly sets out how one is saved by faith alone in Christ. When people start believing and teaching stuff that isn't in the Bible, then they stray into error.

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,333.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Mormons and JWs believe that as well. Are they saved too?

Upvote 0