✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found this on my Parish FB page
ETA: The " " in the thread title, denote the title of the video itself, NOT an editorial comment! (since I can't edit the thread title, itself o_O )

Last edited:

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like it! I thought it was about schismatics since you wrote "Orthodoxy".

I thought of that, after the fact... Force of habit. I can HEAR my grade school English teacher saying " ALWAYS put the title of a work quotation marks", in my mind. (Almost as much as I can hear "You call THAT penmanship???") :D

• Optimistic
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Impressive! And it so resonates with me, what the priest said about Catholic ways becoming man centered vs. Christ centered.

I used to think all the details of where we face and things like that were not important, but they say something. But you must teach people what they say, or they don't know.

A Catholic friend of mine was talking about how the priest used to have his back to you - and all I could think was "It's not about YOU."

Anyway - beautiful video - thank you.

Reactions: RobNJ
Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This kind of reminds me of learning about "Lullingstone" recently.. an ancient Roman villa in England that had been converted into a house church by the 4th century. Apparently, this paintings are from the 4th century too (apparently). It kind of shows just how ancient the church really is for England. Although there are some other paintings that are a bit on the Gnostic side too. A historian explained one symbol, but I forgot what it was (but even then, that shows how early it is).

Attachments

• Lullingstone_paintings2.jpg
    Lullingstone_paintings2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Painted_Walls_from_Lullinstone_Roman_Villa,_4th_century_AD,_British_Museum_(16094705486).jpg
    Painted_Walls_from_Lullinstone_Roman_Villa,_4th_century_AD,_British_Museum_(16094705486).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
Upvote 0