Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As a result of watching the U.E.F.A. European Football Championship taking place at the moment, I've been thinking how great it would be if the Church had a team that could compete in this tournament and the F.I.F.A. World Cup too.

I think having a team representing the Vatican on the world stage would bring greater awareness of the Church to people and might even lead them to it.

I know this will probably never happen, but it is fun to fantasise sometimes. ;)

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,290.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As a result of watching the U.E.F.A. European Football Championship taking place at the moment, I've been thinking how great it would be if the Church had a team that could compete in this tournament and the F.I.F.A. World Cup too.

I think having a team representing the Vatican on the world stage would bring greater awareness of the Church to people and might even lead them to it.

I know this will probably never happen, but it is fun to fantasise sometimes. ;)

On one level it could be interesting. But how would it look ever time they got a hiding on the pitch by the likes of Malta and San Marino...;)

Upvote 0

Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
On one level it could be interesting. But how would it look ever time they got a hiding on the pitch by the likes of Malta and San Marino...;)

I propose that any defeats will result in the opposing team suffering immediate excommunication. :D

Upvote 0