Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Website doesnt open up properly on my browser.

So what happened? Did his race cause his shirt to get caught on the back bumper?
There's a video from bus surveillance. Kids got off, door closes on boy, more kids waiting to get off, bus rolls forward.
The driver stopped after rolling about 150 feet — while students yelled at him to pull over — and then opened the doors and dropped the boy on the sidewalk.
The lawsuit said there had been at least three other reports of the driver, John Naisbitt, harassing multiracial students before this.
With the settlement, the boy, who is a minor and not named in the U.S. District Court lawsuit, will receive $21,250. The remaining $41,250 will go to his law firm.
A Utah school district agrees to pay $62,500 after a biracial boy was dragged by a bus

The boy's money will be held in a trust fund with limited access until he is 18.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at the video clearly race has nothing to do with this. The driver does not seem to be aware that anyone was caught in the door. They wanted to play the race card to improve their chance of a settlement. There does seem to be negligence on the part of the driver. I can see where it would be better for the district to make a settlement rather than to try to fight this in court. Could be this is a decision made by their insurance company. Also there is no racism in Utah against a "student of color". They are prejudice against Mexicans there, not people of "color".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at the video clearly race has nothing to do with this.
uhmmm...how is that shown in the video? All I see is a kid starts to leave the bus, the door suddenly closes on him (all while several more kids are standing there trying to exit the bus) then suddenly the bus starts to (slowly) drive away, still with a bunch of kids standing in the door trying to exit and now no doubt yelling there's someone stuck in the door. :wave:

The driver does not seem to be aware that anyone was caught in the door.
Then he really shouldn't be driving a bus.

They wanted to play the race card to improve their chance of a settlement.
Or there was racism involved. The article did say:
The lawsuit said there had been at least three other reports of the driver, John Naisbitt, harassing multiracial students before this.

There does seem to be negligence on the part of the driver.
Agreed.

I can see where it would be better for the district to make a settlement rather than to try to fight this in court. Could be this is a decision made by their insurance company.
Also true.

Also there is no racism in Utah against a "student of color". They are prejudice against Mexicans there, not people of "color".
uhmmm...aren't people of Mexican descent also "people of color"? :scratch:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My opinion:

Color is beautiful.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then he really shouldn't be driving a bus.
I would tend to agree. If a child got caught in the door like that then he should be fired on the spot and held accountable for what he did.

uhmmm...aren't people of Mexican descent also "people of color"? :scratch:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
No they are considered to be Hispanic. JLo for example is considered to be Hispanic because of descent even though she is from NYC. I have actually talked to the matriarch in my family in a vision I had of Heaven. Actually she talked to my mom and asked her a question but because the conversation was about me I was there in on the conversation. She is the common ancestor for all people that have freckles. So her descendants have a very pronounced marking on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0