• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A tough question.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’m sorry to come to you all like this,but today I’ve had minor anxiety over a certain thought that scared me and brought much anxiety to me,I can’t tell if it was intrusive or intentional.But today I had a though”faith seems kinda childish,like it’s unmanly”,now I realize that no man is a man without Jesus,but I’m afraid that that may be the true me,I tell myself constantly I will never be an atheist and never ever leave Christ,but I’m scared that I thought something like that and it seemed like to me it was true.But overall that is the question,and if possible can you all pray for me?,I cannot fathom why God is putting so many fiery trials upon me,but I still trust him.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 18:3
King James Version

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The little boy in me is still there. As a Christian, the little boy is twofold. There remains the childlike love for Jesus, which is a good thing. Then there's the little boy who's scared and insecure. That can be a good thing too, if it causes us to cling to like a child to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,955.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi everyone,

I’m sorry to come to you all like this,but today I’ve had minor anxiety over a certain thought that scared me and brought much anxiety to me,I can’t tell if it was intrusive or intentional.But today I had a though”faith seems kinda childish,like it’s unmanly”,now I realize that no man is a man without Jesus,but I’m afraid that that may be the true me,I tell myself constantly I will never be an atheist and never ever leave Christ,but I’m scared that I thought something like that and it seemed like to me it was true.But overall that is the question,and if possible can you all pray for me?,I cannot fathom why God is putting so many fiery trials upon me,but I still trust him.

Friend Jesus and the Spirit aren't particularly concerned with what you thought might be true. The real issue is WHAT DO YOU DO? Here's a proof text,

What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’“ ‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
“Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go. "Which of the two did what his father wanted? ”The first,” they answered. Matt 21:28

So you said you had one thought BUT changed to a right thought? Well such is what happened in the verse above. God watches what do you ultimately do with your thoughts so allow your mind to be at peace. :)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 18:3
King James Version

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

BINGO! ;o)

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I’m sorry to come to you all like this, but today I’ve had minor anxiety over a certain thought that scared me and brought much anxiety to me, I can’t tell if it was intrusive or intentional. But today I had a though ”faith seems kinda childish, like it’s unmanly”,now. I realize that no man is a man without Jesus, but I’m afraid that that may be the true me, I tell myself constantly I will never be an atheist and never ever leave Christ, but I’m scared that I thought something like that and it seemed like to me it was true. But overall that is the question, and if possible can you all pray for me?, I cannot fathom why God is putting so many fiery trials upon me, but I still trust him.
You received some good counsel about maturity in Christian life: making the Lord Jesus the center of your daily life; and need to KEEP in conversation with Him in prayerful talk. One can be sure that Satan will always seek to draw us away from God by whispering in our mind (never blame God for that). Keep looking up and walking with the Savior: our Lord Jesus!

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0