Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't want to offend KJV Only people, so I took the extra trouble to look all these up in the KJV.

On a quick search through the Old Testament:
Psalm 34:14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Malachi 2:5-7 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name. The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity. For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

Now in the New:

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Mark 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Romans 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Galatians 5:22-23: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

There are many more, but these are a few verses.

Oh, and BTW, I believe God to be loving and peaceful. Not in the sense of an all-tolerant, "whatever-man," drugged-out hippie, but in the sense that He has given everyone (even those who don't know Him) so much, even His own life-and that He is saddened at the loss of even one soul.

IOW, He's not some always-enraged monster looking for people to kill to satisfy His righteous anger-or looking to agitate wars so people kill each other.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That was one of the hardest things for me to reconcile. . .still is in fact, the difference between the OT and NT, like God changed, although He is unchanging.

Nevertheless, I ignore it. Some things just aren't meant for mere humanity to know all of. . .maybe He started the wars then to prevent further bloodshed. . .but I don't really know, nor do I care to know. I just know that God is not some sort of cruel, angry thing out to kill us all and rejoice over our deaths.

Upvote 0

Jephunneh

Aug 23, 2002
✟947.00
Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 14
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Upvote 0

Jephunneh

Aug 23, 2002
✟947.00
Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Matthew 24:6
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luke 14:31
Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

2 Timothy 2:4
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Upvote 0

hugoguttman

Nov 13, 2002
Pueblo
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Old testament says:
An eye for an eye and a teeth for a teeth...and sure you can see this is an strategy used by Israel people in Palestinian conflict... If a palestinian kill any Israel citizen.. there will be the same palestinian casualties... (the Law)
but what about on what Jesus says:
Blessed the pacifist, because they will be called Sons of God.
And as a response to the first paragraph.. read Mathew 5:25
25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
and Mathew 5:38-39
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[1] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

God is not a God of war... is a God of love.
Hugo.

Upvote 0