• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A Terrible Realization

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was kidnapped by a woman named Silver but today I had a terrible flashback and realization. Silver lived with a man named Kevin. I feel Kevin was the one who had her kidnap me. He was very abusive to me and raped me multiple times and molested me while I was kidnapped. He would cut me and told me I belonged to the devil. He was a very cruel man. I had flashbacks about him today and cried deeply. Kevin is someone who has hurt my soul a lot. Today the Lord told me that I need to continue to pray for Kevin that he be saved in his soul and not do this evil to anyone else. Please pray for Kevin. Thank you.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God bless you, and bless your heart for praying for your enemies.

Make sure though you give yourself some extra quiet time with God and His Word, for He will be your strength.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Make sure though you give yourself some extra quiet time with God and His Word, for He will be your strength.
Good advice.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thank you so much :) God bless you :)

Upvote 0

cacemf

Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was kidnapped by a woman named Silver but today I had a terrible flashback and realization. Silver lived with a man named Kevin. I feel Kevin was the one who had her kidnap me. He was very abusive to me and raped me multiple times and molested me while I was kidnapped. He would cut me and told me I belonged to the devil. He was a very cruel man. I had flashbacks about him today and cried deeply. Kevin is someone who has hurt my soul a lot. Today the Lord told me that I need to continue to pray for Kevin that he be saved in his soul and not do this evil to anyone else. Please pray for Kevin. Thank you.

So sorry to hear you're having flashbacks and dealing with the trauma all over again. I'm saying a prayer for you, and for those who hurt you. :prayer:

• Prayers
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So sorry to hear you're having flashbacks and dealing with the trauma all over again. I'm saying a prayer for you, and for those who hurt you. :prayer:
Thank you so much. God bless you :)

• Friendly
Reactions: cacemf
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are loved by God

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Emma A

Mar 17, 2018
HOLMFIRTH
✟7,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just signed up and this was the first post I have read.

I too was sexually abused in the past and I know that I have to forgive him, but I never knew how. I just need to pray that god forgives him.

I'm sorry that you are having flashbacks. I have delayed PTSD and it's hard to live with.

Thank you for sharing your story. Lots of love. Xx

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have just signed up and this was the first post I have read.

I too was sexually abused in the past and I know that I have to forgive him, but I never knew how. I just need to pray that god forgives him.

I'm sorry that you are having flashbacks. I have delayed PTSD and it's hard to live with.

Thank you for sharing your story. Lots of love. Xx
Thank you so much for sharing that with me. God bless you.I am sorry you were sexually abused too. I will pray that the Lord heals you.I also have PTSD. I pray that the lord heals us both. Hugs

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So sorry that these terrible things have happened to you ladies. Remember that Jesus loves you and is with you always and you are very special in His sight. Keep talking to God and something that might help some is to write down the positive things that you see each day.
Just keep a small notebook handy and before bed each night just jot down one or two blessings that you have had throughout the day. Then at the end of the month count your blessings. I bet you will be blessed by this my Sisters. Bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So sorry that these terrible things have happened to you ladies. Remember that Jesus loves you and is with you always and you are very special in His sight. Keep talking to God and something that might help some is to write down the positive things that you see each day.
Just keep a small notebook handy and before bed each night just jot down one or two blessings that you have had throughout the day. Then at the end of the month count your blessings. I bet you will be blessed by this my Sisters. Bless you
Thank you for your compassion and for this wonderful recommendation. :) God bless you.

Upvote 0