• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A suggestion for the ED forum - we want *your* input!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about changing it to # or something?

I know this is probably ridiculous, but to me, "+" is a trigger. If I see someone post something like, "I can't believe how much I weigh! I mean, I weigh ++lbs!" I see that as a "I weigh a LOT" (plus) and it's a trigger. It also reminds me of weight GAIN due to the "plus" thing and makes me have a panic attack and freak out and feel like I need to lose more to prevent this imaginary gain.

If it's just me though, then it doesn't matter. I'm just weird. And easily triggered I guess. :sorry:

lol... this thread is funny. (you aren't being a pain)!...
now why didn't we all think of "#" ... ? lol it means numbers. :doh: :D

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Ok, there are already problems with the filter that I didn't think about. The first is that links are also filtered because each forum has its own ID number. As well, written numbers are also filtered out.

It might take a day or so to figure this out - sorry guys :sorry:. If you find any more problems, could you post them here, in BigToe's bug thread or PM me directly.

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
You're not doing something wrong - this one's my mistake. I wasn't specific enough when I made the request and 'one, two, three' got caught in with '1, 2, 3'. Hopefully written numbers won't be filtered out much longer. The posting links is a harder problem I think, but we're working on that too :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.