East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How do we study to make ourselves workmen not to be ashamed?
I would think, to read the Bible and pray every day, and apply it too our lives.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good topic and one that seldom ventures between the scholar’s outcome of earthly accomplishment (distancing ‘shame’ with career; cleric, recruit, trooper etc.) verses sensing, listening to and waiting for our own progress,

It hints at a reflected glory, the reward of heroism. The noble works which glorify the Father reveal the workers to be sons. The double-sided doctrine of this logion of Jesus is that the divine is revealed by the heroic in human conduct, and that the moral hero is the true son of God. Jesus Himself is the highest illustration of the twofold truth. – R. Nicoll

Sometimes I wonder if in some cases, worldly acclaim doesn’t shun, even fear being proven, when those of us who do choose to sow in patience (not certificate) might on occasion brush against the esteemed document. Not so hard to contemplate.

Personally, I recall a time while tarrying online, one such cleric/author pinned with excellence of documentation, was quite an extensive scholar, v-very prudent and went some distance of efforts to ally fruit w/me, but soon, exhibited erratic moments of high and low signaling ‘loss of respect’ (from one who works out of 'obscurity') along the way shortly before following the rest in – permanent departure. Breaks one's heart!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
by not leaning on our own understanding ...
Should those who follow the excellence of Apollos (Acts 18:24,28) be noted as distancing from their own understanding?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should those who follow the excellence of Apollos (Acts 18:24,28) be noted as distancing from their own understanding?

no ... truth to them was still divided ... understanding it s our own reasoning by way of two fruits of a tree where truth becomes divided to us ...

Now I mean this, that each of you says, "I indeed am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?

"Every kingdom having been divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house against a house falls.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
no ... truth to them was still divided ... understanding it s our own reasoning by way of two fruits of a tree where truth becomes divided to us ...

Now I mean this, that each of you says, "I indeed am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?

"Every kingdom having been divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house against a house falls.
An over-emphasis that confuses identity with growth. If he, vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ, there is no divided truth and seen here, conforms to the culmination of your verse

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, chief of his court officials, to bring into the king’s service some of the Israelites from the royal family and the nobility - young men without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace. He was to teach them the language and literature of the Babylonians. The king assigned them a daily amount of food and wine from the king’s table. They were to be trained for three years, and after that they were to enter the king’s service" (Daniel 1:3-4 NIV)

But God clearly had different plans for Daniel:-

"Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.

At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds." (Daniel 1:11-17 NIV)

The best student of the Lord:-
1. Will always respect the authority of the scriptures.
2. Will always be willing to learn with simplicity and faith, with a childlike trust.
3. Will always be loyal and faithful to their teacher

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Will always be loyal and faithful to their teacher
Agree, yet would this be a suitable exception, , wherein in the end, the exception itself remains loyal to Christ?

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

(1 Corinthians 9:19)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Agree, yet would this be a suitable exception, , wherein in the end, the exception itself remains loyal to Christ?
Absolutely! He is our Teacher and our Guide!

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An over-emphasis that confuses identity with growth. If he, vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ, there is no divided truth and seen here, conforms to the culmination of your verse

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

our footsteps become ordered to us when we believe that they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
God's word is alive, wonderful mysteries available for everyone to be studied. (Hopefully for everyone) Food for our souls and hearts. Comfort and security. God really wanted us to be protected and taken cared of. He is a good Father.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God's word is alive, wonderful mysteries available for everyone to be studied. (Hopefully for everyone) Food for our souls and hearts. Comfort and security. God really wanted us to be protected and taken cared of. He is a good Father.
Such a Good Father. Amen!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0