Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I got inspired to write a fictional story and, honestly, I'm surprised at how randomly it happened.

I wasn't planning on writing a story at all in the first place. Actually, the inspiration for this story started with some drawings that I made in my diary. The drawings included a picture of a pregnant woman, an alien superhero, a nun, a sad-looking woman, and a regular high school girl. I was having so much fun drawing these characters that I started coming up with attributes to give to each of the characters.

It started with super abilities that each of them had. The pregnant woman is a superhero with a lot of different abilities (and her baby will end up having a lot of powers too once he/she is born), the alien is also a superhero that is disguised as a regular human when she's not fighting bad guys, and the nun has the ability to pray for miracles and healing for others. The sad-looking woman has no powers (she'll just be a secondary character), and the high school girl (who is the main character) also has no real powers, but has the ability to communicate with her guardian angel. I'll go into their powers more in-depth if you're curious, but yeah, that's them!

From there, I started to wonder what a story with these characters would look like, and I came up with this plot: [Warning, this gets a little dark]

The high school girl comes from a very broken home. Her parents both cheated on each other and divorced; the mother is addicted to alcohol (and possibly drugs too); the father smokes, is abusive, and is dating a woman who only wants him for his money and encourages his bad behaviors; and basically the girl is either being berated by her father and stepmom or is being emotionally and physically neglected. To cope with this, she turns to smoking and underage drinking, shoplifts, steals money from her dad, fornicates (it'll be implied but not written out), and hangs out with the wrong crowd. It's just a bad situation for her all around.​

Then comes the start of the story. She tries to take her own life but is stopped by the alien girl, who was somehow tipped off that the high school girl was going to do this. They talk about it for awhile, then, after alien girl is able to make sure that the high school girl is safe, she invites high school girl out for ice cream the following day. High school girl agrees and meets her the next day at a local Catholic school to go and get ice cream at a nearby ice cream parlor.

From there, they enjoy their ice cream before alien girl gets a notification on a pager (lol, remember those?? I sure don't!) telling her that there's trouble nearby. She excuses herself, but high school girl gets curious and follows her. She ends up seeing alien girl, the pregnant lady, and the nun battling a monster. When it's all over, it turns out that it was just a boy that was possessed by an evil spirit. That's when high school girl comes out of her hiding place and alien girl has to explain to her that they're like a superhero vigilante team. They aren't the only ones, either. Apparently, at other churches throughout the world, there are other persons who are known as "the gifted" and they help to stop evil forces that are affecting people in their communities.

They end up taking the boy that was possessed by an evil spirit to a nearby hospital so the doctors can make sure that he's alright, and after they know that he's okay and the boy's parents pick him up, then they all leave the hospital and go their separate ways, and that's how the first chapter or part ends.

But, as for the plot of the entire story, it's basically supposed to be a walk through different social issues from a Catholic perspective. At first, it starts with high school girl learning more about how these girls deal with different issues in their own lives and in the lives of others, then at some point high school girl ends up wanting to learn more about Catholicism, and so she enrolls in a Catholic Inquiry class to learn more.

I haven't gotten around to finishing the first part of the first chapter just yet since school is kicking my butt right now, but I'm really excited to have this story concept in my head. I've always loved writing, but especially with the onset of my religious awakening at the beginning of this year, I feel that my love for writing has come back to me (the long period where depression took over my life took the love of many activities away from me).

But yeah, I just wanted to share a little bit of this story's concept with you guys. It's nice to talk about artistic projects that I'm working on, you know?

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Oooooo...a fellow writer :D. I like superhero type stuff myself, although I often give a dark and gritty bent to it. However, I'm currently working on a piece about a Roman soldier who witnesses Jesus' trial, death, and resurrection. In the beginning he's all loyal to Rome and stuff(obviously devoutly Pagan as well), but upon witnessing everything he did he begins to question all that. It's not a hugely original idea, but one I do feel inspired to write.

Upvote 0