A song not intended to be inspirational, however..

chirpyluna

Jan 7, 2018
Northeast
✟16,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure that despite the name, this "Madonna" person is not a Christian Rock artist (joke - I know who she is :laughing: ) but I listen to this song before prayer sometimes. It speaks to me and "preps" me for better prayer. I'm pretty sure it's not what was intended lol.

Is there an ironic song that inspires you?

chirpyluna

Jan 7, 2018
Northeast
✟16,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure that despite the name, this "Madonna" person is not a Christian Rock artist (joke - I know who she is :laughing: ) but I listen to this song before prayer sometimes. It speaks to me and "preps" me for better prayer. I'm pretty sure it's not what was intended lol.

Is there an ironic song that inspires you?

The link didn't work! It's Another Suitcase In Another Hall by Madonna. Here is a link if you've never heard it but want to:

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Madonna is satanic, she actually worships Satan (see the numerous interviews and direct quotes).

There is no such thing as christian rock. "Rock and Roll" is of Satan. You end up worshiping the rhythm, the beat, or the musician.

Upvote 0

chirpyluna

Jan 7, 2018
Northeast
✟16,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Madonna is satanic, she actually worships Satan (see the numerous interviews and direct quotes).

There is no such thing as christian rock. "Rock and Roll" is of Satan. You end up worshiping the rhythm, the beat, or the musician.

I didn't really mean "Madonna," just the song. I like the lyrics. What kind of music do you listen to if you don't want to end up worshiping the rhythm or beat though?

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Biblical Hymns, book of Psalms. At the end of the day, who does it glorify, God or Madonna?

It takes actual hard WORK (different from salvation, which is by faith and not works) to be biblical. It's easy to be wordly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lucy97

Jan 14, 2018
Bone Chilling USA
✟16,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It takes actual hard WORK (different from salvation, which is by faith and not works) to be biblical. It's easy to be wordly.

A few years ago in high school my mom used to write 12:11 on my thumb for when I go to start music, text, and other nonsense on my cellphone.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago in high school my mom used to write 12:11 on my thumb for when I go to start music, text, and other nonsense on my cellphone.
? ? ? What does 12:11 mean?

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
North Florida
✟9,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a catchy tune, rhythmic, ...you end up worshiping the song instead of God. Some of the song titles are outright stupid....God did not give satanic rock and roll to the world.

I think you might be trolling, hymnal music was the height of catchy tunes and artistry at their time creation but it doesn't make them evil and you can still use it to worship Jesus. The bible is full of skillful musicians and singers who glorified God and not themselves.

But to the post, there are some gangster rap songs that inspire me to pray and reach people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums