enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We have been studying the events happening in Hawaii regarding the Kilauea Volcano eruption. Brother @davew brought the idea that it is possible that this slump that is not being mentioned in the news could cause a mega tsunami.If that happens, the U.S. West coast could be in danger. Here are a couple of videos he posted explaining.

Discuss.

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I'm reading that a tsunami is unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely.

I bet that the odds are you're right. It's not the thing that i would worry about. But i don't live in Hawaii, or the west coast of America.

I only just found out about this deal today, and i wouldn't even have been looking into it if it wasn't for all the Hawaii earthquake and volcano news.

Plus, i think we're about at the end of the world right now so i'm watching everything. A guy on another forum was talking about it, so if this thing turns out to be trumpet number two on the warm up, i'm keeping my eyes wide open.

And:

Hilina.jpg

IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE

The Hawaiian Islands are home to the largest documented shoreline collapse in history, an ancient seaward landslide that sent rocks from the island of Oahu to sites more than 100 miles offshore. The avalanche of debris from the northeast shore of Oahu probably occurred between 1.5 and 3 million years ago, and it undoubtedly created one of the largest tsunamis in Earth's history, a wave large enough to inundate every coastline of the northern Pacific Ocean.

Today, geologists are saying that seismic and tectonic forces are creating the potential for a similar disaster on the southeast shore of the big island of Hawaii, near Kilauea volcano. The world's most active volcano, Kilauea is continually growing larger. At the same time, its seaward flank is moving toward the Pacific, currently at the rate of about 10 centimeters per year. Kilauea's movement takes several forms. Layers of lava and sediment atop the mountain are pulled down by the force of gravity. The entire mountain itself also moves slowly out to sea as magma derived from deep within the earth's mantle intrudes into the core of the volcano.

"From previous studies, we know that Kilauea is the site of an active landslide, the Hilina slump, which has moved in historic times," said Julia Morgan, assistant professor of Earth Science at Rice University in 2003. "We now recognize that Kilauea also experienced a catastrophic landslide in the past, possibly within 25,000-50,000 years, which is quite recent in geologic terms."

The 10-by-15 mile Hilina slump is now partially detached from the seaward flank of Kilauea, and a candidate for catastrophic collapse.

FEARS OF TSUNAMI FOR U.S. WEST COAST AS ERUPTING HAWAII VOLCANO FRACTURES MASSIVE UNSTABLE LANDMASS

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Yes it has happened before.Not only on the West Coast, but also on the East.

I remember learning about La Palma a long time ago when i was a kid watching TV.

I'm only watching Hawaii because it's active now, and where i think we might be in time.

I check in on this link:

Live Earthquake Mashup

And this one:

Earthquakes Within ALL of USA, Canada, Mexico Last 7 Days - Long Beach Weather

I saw the lower link read as high as 921 quakes for Hawaii last week, so with it being 544 right now it might be slowing down.

But i have no idea.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was just last fall I heard some prophecy scholars talking about how they expected Hawaii to have a major catastrophe like a tsunami or earthquake that would lead to major devastation on the west coast or western part of the US , I thought it was interesting but didn't take it seriously enough , now that things are really heating up it be something to watch closely

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone think that this scripture would be fulfilled IF there is a falling into the ocean resulting in a massive tsunami?
Rev. 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone think that this scripture would be fulfilled IF there is a falling into the ocean resulting in a massive tsunami?
Rev. 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Since other scriptures speak of 120 lb hailstones of fire , which meteors would fit that description I have though that this too would be a meteor , and found an interesting commentary that has interesting points
Revelation 8:8 Commentary - A Testimony of Jesus Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

I do. I only got the idea when i was looking at another forum where the poster wrote this:

"December 7, 1941. The Pearl Harbor Attack. It was relayed to me today that 8,888 x pi is the amount of days from the attack on Pearl Harbor to Pentecost May 20, 2018. With the news of the eruptions on Kilauea in the 50th State and Pentecost meaning 50, it was wondered if the burning mountain like at Pentecost could be part of the pillars of smoke in Acts 2.

Billy Graham also died 88 days in duration before Pentecost. The Big Island of Hawaii is the largest volcano in the world and at the center of the Ring of Fire. This is speculation, but it is something to keep in mind.​

I always imagined it would be from space, an asteroid breaks up and rains down fiery hail, then two more come for trumpet 2 and 3. But another guy suggested volcanoes could go off and cause the darkening of the middle third of the earth around the equator for trumpet number four.

Maybe it will be a mixture of both. Blood and fire and columns of smoke sounds like volcanoes. But the "powers of the heavens will be shaken" can tend to sound like asteroids.

Like i was saying on the other thread, back in the days of Noah, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened and rain fell upon the earth. So what if this time the fountains of the deep are opened up but fire comes out instead of water?

I had always thought that when the first trumpet sounded, an asteroid of some kind would break up in the atmosphere and rain fiery hail down upon the earth. But what if it's the volcanoes? If the Lord wanted to, He could cause Mauna Loa in Hawaii to shoot a fiery hail fragment into the stratosphere at the precise trajectory so that it would re enter the atmosphere and hit my neighbor in the eye while he slept on the east coast of America. Two would be sleeping in bed, my neighbor would be taken, his wife would be left alive.

I'm on alert for it because i think this is what happens next. It's not a popular idea, but that's what i think based on Luke 17 substituting the "days of Lot" for the AofD and then just like the day that Lot left out from Sodom fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

In this case when the Son of Man is revealed, i think Jesus means through His actions. When a third of the planet is burnt up, the world will know that the God of the Bible is back. Everyone around the world from atheists to Muslims to Eastern Mystics will want to get their hands on a Bible.

The world will be trying to figure out why the God of the Bible is so mad in the hopes they can make these judgements stop.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since other scriptures speak of 120 lb hailstones of fire , which meteors would fit that description I have though that this too would be a meteor , and found an interesting commentary that has interesting points
Revelation 8:8 Commentary - A Testimony of Jesus Christ
There was a time when I thought only that a meteor could fulfill this until I learned about La Palma. I think I mentioned it somewhere on this forum a while ago. I had to completely renew my mind in light of learning that La Palma already has a large crack in it. Now this.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 8:8a could refer to the future collapse into the ocean of a huge, erupting volcano, possibly one of the Canary Islands. Revelation 8:8b could refer to one-third of the North Atlantic turning blood-red due to a gigantic amount of blood-red mud pouring forth from the volcano into the sea during an extended period of time. Revelation 8:9a could refer to one-third of the sea creatures in the North Atlantic dying because of there being so much mud in the water. And Revelation 8:9b could refer to one-third of the North Atlantic's ships being destroyed in port by a massive tsunami caused by the volcano's collapse into the ocean. This tsunami could destroy the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

La Palma is already splitting.It could be either LaPalma or Kilauea if it is going to be a volcano imho. We have ports on both coasts East and West. So it seems that both of the U.S. coasts are in peril from volcanoes .

• Agree
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Note that even before the first trumpet, the sixth seal could be a volcano.

That is, the sixth seal (Revelation 6:12-14) could be fulfilled in our future by a huge volcanic eruption (possibly of the Yellowstone Caldera), which will occur during only the first stage of the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. This eruption could begin with a large earthquake (Revelation 6:12), signaling the sudden rising of magma within the volcano. When it erupts, it could shoot so much ash and smoke into the sky that the sun will appear darkened and the moon blood-red (Revelation 6:12b), like happens during large forest fires. The volcano could also shoot blobs of red-hot magma into the sky, which as they fall back down could appear like falling stars (Revelation 6:13). And it could shoot so much super-heated ash and smoke so high and so quickly into the sky that they could form a gigantic mushroom cloud, which will make the sky (the first heaven) look like a scroll being rolled up (Revelation 6:14). Earthquakes connected with the eruption could be so large that they set off a chain reaction of other earthquakes in nearby faults and volcanoes, which could set off even more earthquakes farther away, and so on, so that earthquakes will end up affecting every mountain and island, moving each of their positions at least a little bit (Revelation 6:14b).

My view on the chronology is different than yours Bible 2. The first trumpet has to come before the 6th seal. I know it's confusing because of the silence in Heaven. But the 7th seal is the last seal that seals the book of life, and that's not said to be opened until after the thousand years are finished in Revelation 20.

The 6th seal spans the time from the 7th trumpet until the 7th vial. The 6th seal begins: "immediately after the tribulation of those days", because the "sackcloth" sun is the same partial solar eclipse as the "darkened" sun from Matthew 24.

These are not the same as Joel's sun which is turned into complete darkness. Joel's sun is a total eclipse that happens "before", Matthew 24 AND Revelation 6 are the same partial eclipse where the sun is just shaded immediately "after". These latter suns are merely "darkened", not totally turned into dark-ness.

"And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.​

AND:

"And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.​

I read as pretty much the same things. The "stars" here are His "angels", remember when the morning stars sang in chorus, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Now they fall from the sky like skydivers on their mission to intercept us as we shoot up into the stratosphere, scattered from one end of heaven to the other.

His "elect" are the "winter fruit" shaken by the mighty wind of the Holy Spirit. The "darkened" sun happens in winter time, January 2019, coincidence?

Revelation 8:8a could refer to the future collapse into the ocean of a huge, erupting volcano, possibly one of the Canary Islands. Revelation 8:8b could refer to one-third of the North Atlantic turning blood-red due to a gigantic amount of blood-red mud pouring forth from the volcano into the sea during an extended period of time. Revelation 8:9a could refer to one-third of the sea creatures in the North Atlantic dying because of there being so much mud in the water. And Revelation 8:9b could refer to one-third of the North Atlantic's ships being destroyed in port by a massive tsunami caused by the volcano's collapse into the ocean. This tsunami could destroy the eastern seaboard of the U.S.

It would cause a mess at whichever coast it hit. A tsunami like that could wash sea creatures and ships many miles inland.

If such a tsunami occurs, it could also cause a string of awful, Fukushima-type, nuclear-meltdown radiation disasters in the nuclear power plants and their nuclear-waste storage facilities all along the eastern seaboard of the U.S. (These facilities, all together, are holding tens of thousands of tons of highly-radioactive nuclear waste. Nuclear power was one of the worst ideas ever, as Germany has now wisely realized.) Also, if the tsunami breaks open the germ-containment structures on Plum Island, just off the coast of Connecticut, especially-deadly viruses and bacteria could be washed inland and spread across the U.S. and Canada as they infect animals and people.

I wouldn't worry about any "Fukushima-type, nuclear-meltdown radiation disasters in the nuclear power plants" at that point. I think we're much deeper into Revelation's narrative than many realize.

So whenever these things begin to happen, i think there will only be about 150 days to 6 months before everyone who's interested in these issues will be out of here. When these thing begin to take place lift up your heads, because our redemption will be drawing near. It not going to be 7 or even 3.5 long years away. I'm very sure that i can hear the composite beast open it's mouth to blaspheme God and His dwelling place and those who live in Heaven.

I obviously can be wrong, but i think we're already more than half the way through Revelation 13. I think we're in some kind of strange time zone like it was in the days of John the Baptist where even John himself had to send people out to ask what's going on. Are you the One we're waiting for? Or should we wait for another?

I think something's going to happen pretty soon. And that thing is the fire that he causes to fall from Heaven in the presence of men.

“And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

"Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Wait! Magma in one volcano is connected to other volcanoes by one large magma layer in the Earth right?

After you asked the question, i read a couple pages, and i think they don't really know. All those cross section diagrams are speculative. The scientists will periodically rethink their theories.

It's an interesting read. The Russians gave up the drilling of the Kola Superdeep borehole at 7.5 miles down. They made it deeper than the deepest point in the ocean. They quit because they said it was too hot. And they were apparently spooked over something, i'm not sure what. It sounded like a fun thing to do.

And then it sounded spooky.

They might have hit the abyss.

Like those guys at CERN.

Depth of origin of magma in eruptions

Magma chamber - Wikipedia

I wouldn't worry about it.

Just keep an eye on Hawaii.

It looks like it might be calming down.

But i don't really know.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
After you asked the question, i read a couple pages, and i think they don't really know. All those cross section diagrams are speculative. The scientists will periodically rethink their theories.

It's an interesting read. The Russians gave up the drilling of the Kola Superdeep borehole at 7.5 miles down. They made it deeper than the deepest point in the ocean. They quit because they said it was too hot. And they were apparently spooked over something, i'm not sure what. It sounded like a fun thing to do.

And then it sounded spooky.

They might have hit the abyss.

Like those guys at CERN.

Depth of origin of magma in eruptions

Magma chamber - Wikipedia

I wouldn't worry about it.

Just keep an eye on Hawaii.

It looks like it might be calming down.

But i don't really know.
I remember a long time ago I watched a movie Crack In The World about scientists drilling to the center of the world and the calamity they unleashed. But there is a scripture.
Isa. 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

I asked my son about what he thought the Earth shall disclose her blood meant. He said when he thinks about the Earth's blood, he thinks about magma.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember a long time ago I watched a movie Crack In The World about scientists drilling to the center of the world and the calamity they unleashed. But there is a scripture.
Isa. 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

I asked my son about what he thought the Earth shall disclose her blood meant. He said when he thinks about the Earth's blood, he thinks about magma.
Interesting thought since the earths core is molten rock and the pathways could be called veins :)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting thought since the earths core is molten rock and the pathways could be called veins :)
That particular scripture has puzzled me for a number of years. I have been meditating on what the invitation in verse 20 is. Does it refer to the rapture? I think it does because imho verse 21 refers to the resurrection. Can you all see what I mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0