• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A sleep paralysis entity sounds like my dad

FightTheFlesh

Sep 10, 2016
Detroit
✟20,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes when I have dreams or sleep paralysis there's this entity I've never seen him but he sounds like my dad. Once this entity was sexually molesting me and kissing on me (DISGUSTING!!!!) I felt his disgusting beard and heard dogs around him when i was having sleep paralysis. Now tonight or this morning i was laying in bed and realized i couldn't move. While i was stuck there i heard my dad's voice and it sounded like he was trying to seduce me and he was saying "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in my ear for a very long time and it just disgusts me. I am so sick and tired of this thing harassing me. Sometimes i get sick perverted incestuous thoughts that pop into my head concerning him and i don't like it, it's disgusting and gross and makes me want to vomit. I am wondering is this a result of what my dad really thinks or is this some entity taking in his identity. I really need help and want this thing GONE!!! I am so sick and tired of this perverted thing. One time i had a dream of him and it's always incestuous and perverted and it's sickening. I'm starting to worry if these dreams are revealing something about my actual dad or if it's a demon or the devil trying to take my peace from me. It's disgusting and sickening and I need you guys help and i need to know WHAT IS CAUSING THIS???????!!! Somebody please answer!! Thank you!!

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Mustaphile
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes when I have dreams or sleep paralysis there's this entity I've never seen him but he sounds like my dad. Once this entity was sexually molesting me and kissing on me (DISGUSTING!!!!) I felt his disgusting beard and heard dogs around him when i was having sleep paralysis. Now tonight or this morning i was laying in bed and realized i couldn't move. While i was stuck there i heard my dad's voice and it sounded like he was trying to seduce me and he was saying "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in my ear for a very long time and it just disgusts me. I am so sick and tired of this thing harassing me. Sometimes i get sick perverted incestuous thoughts that pop into my head concerning him and i don't like it, it's disgusting and gross and makes me want to vomit. I am wondering is this a result of what my dad really thinks or is this some entity taking in his identity. I really need help and want this thing GONE!!! I am so sick and tired of this perverted thing. One time i had a dream of him and it's always incestuous and perverted and it's sickening. I'm starting to worry if these dreams are revealing something about my actual dad or if it's a demon or the devil trying to take my peace from me. It's disgusting and sickening and I need you guys help and i need to know WHAT IS CAUSING THIS???????!!! Somebody please answer!! Thank you!!

I had Jesus appear above me and try and teach me who God was. He appeared just as the Caucasian Jesus pictures (I have schizophrenia and take meds so it should not be a hallucination). He later became gay and molesty. I realized it was evil and not Jesus. Not to mention Jesus is probably middle eastern in appearance.

The point is that it was claiming a false identity. No I don't think your father could project himself like that when you're in sleep paralysis. That would be supernatural in nature and probably evil.

I read some advice here on the Christian Forums that if you have anything demonic in your house to get rid of it, so I did, and that Jesus departed. He has tried to come back, so I also say a prayer, "I command you to depart in the name of Jesus the Christ". And if that doesn't work (sometimes it does) then I pray to Heavenly Father to cast him out, and I pray in the name of Jesus the Christ.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

By the way I get sleep paralysis sometimes also. I get this evil attack me and am forced to un-paralyse myself consciously. Hasn't happened for quite some time though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I realized it was evil and not Jesus. Not to mention Jesus is probably middle eastern in appearance.

When I saw Jesus in a dream, he looks like Palestinian. Tanned skin, black hair. On a second thought, He also resembled the appearances of Native Americans / Mexicans.

Ironically Palestinians, Native Americans and Mexicans do look similar in real life.

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope I don't come off as insensitive because I do get sleep paralysis fairly regularly. I am going to post what I told someone in another thread here:

I can’t know for sure. However, I’m leaning more than likely it wasn’t your Dad or a demon and just a hallucination. Technically, everyone experiences sleep paralysis every night. What you’re experiencing that is that you happened to wake up during this paralysis. There isn’t anything to worry about in sleep paralysis, I get them fairly often to the point it’s a norm for me.

In terms of tips I would recommend taking it like a wave at the beach. Meaning you simply ride the wave without panicking and it will go away. That’s what I do. I think to myself, “Huh, I woke up during this again”. I know that sounds rather hard considering the hallucinations you describe sound really horrific but I think you should try it the next time and see how it goes. Again, sleep paralysis is natural and isn't caused by demons or supernatural entities. I think when people realize their hallucinations are more than likely just that, a hallucination, and not a demon they tend to see them less when they wake up during paralysis. However, I do believe sometimes supernatural entities can take advantage of us in state of sleep paralysis but I can't know for sure in this case. I'll be praying for you. I would suggest if you haven't already do some research on the nature of sleep and sleep paralysis.

God bless and I hope you report back soon :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear about your distressing experience.

I have had sleep paralysis on various occasions. I have woken up with the sound of voices and the sensation of an out-of-body experience.

Sleep paralysis is very common - many of us will get it during our lifetimes. It happens when episodes of rapid eye movement sleep happen when you are awake. No one is entirely sure why it occurs, but people have claimed it can be triggered by lying on your back, having irregular sleeping patterns, or not getting enough sleep.

But it will not harm you and therefore you do not need to be afraid.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah wait until the devil sits on your chest and tries to suffocate you. Them tell me it's not demonic. It is the most demonic thing I have ever experienced. You can explain the supernatural away with science but I know what happened to me. They feed on fear. Jesus removes fear and they depart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums