KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Co-Equal branches.
I'd like to see the reaction of some in Congress if Justice Thomas were to say, "To heck with the House and Senate! We're going to ignore them and overturn whatever laws they pass!"
Is this the same or different as when a President says citizens need to liberate themselves from certain state governments?
Selective manufactured outrage is selective.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this the same or different as when a President says citizens need to liberate themselves from certain state governments?

No

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Were not stupid, even the justices themselves have stated that they entirely did it to remove abortion, so stop pretending it's not their intention.

I hope you have the quotes of the justices saying that. Not that I consider having that intention would be a bad thing at all. Removing the ability to dismember and discard a living being doesn't seem to me to be insidious in any way. With the death penalty, which i oppose btw, there is at least some attempt to kill in a humane way. With abortion, it seems there are no qualms about making it the most horrific and torturous death imaginable.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

And we're currently seeing which side is having its violence selectively justified. Portland, OR and other cities burn while the continuing distractions regarding something that happened a year and a half ago continue to be aired on TV.

Upvote 0