Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this will seem very basic, like "of course" that's the way it is: who would have thought it would be any different - but for years I have laboured under the impression, that something far more complicated was at work. What am I talking about? I'm talking about just how much change God expects from the world. You may think "it's up to God" or "we need to repent continually, to the end of our lives" but it is simpler than that!

The simplicity of what God has been able to do in our lives, is this: our sin, needs to change. Before you blow it all out of proportion, though - if that is what the Devil is tempting you to do - bear in mind that it is the Holy Spirit, that is the judge of the conviction of sin (for the sake of righteousness). The point is, the Holy Spirit does not consign someone to a life of sin, as if that is all they want. As Jesus said "which of you having a child that wants something good, would not give that good to them?" (paraphrase, gospels) - we are direct inheritors of this: before we begin to sin, in principle every one of us asks for something that will help us endure. This is the natural instinct of a sinner!

Why does our natural instinct matter? Because it means there is always a certain degree of restraint, in our lives, that keeps us from sin - this is the power of the Holy Spirit, yes, but it is also more than that: it is the power of the Holy Spirit to keep us from all sin, as opposed to just some "sin". This plays out significantly, in the conversion of the soul, as we win people to Christ - Christ sets a standard that we as sinners are able to undertake, without necessarily converting 'all our sins', in that moment. We confess some sins, we forgive others - but necessarily we, don't stop, start and start again. This is part of the mystery of Christ, we are caught up in Him, but we don't know how - before the revealing of the Holy Spirit, in pushing back the sins of all men.

In other words, we are not called to convert the souls of men, but rather stir up a desire in them to convert something. That "something" then leads to a recognition of the war between sin and death, for the life of our soul, and something specific becomes apparent, in its need to be changed - not the whole person, but that which has not succumbed to the enticement of men in the world, who think it is fine to be "of it" ('of the world'). It may be that men seek after sin for a time, but ultimately their conscience does not allow them to go any further. All we have to do, as Witnesses, is convert that small element within them - that regrets sin, resists indulgence and espouses fealty to the God of the Flesh in some small measure (you may be asking "who is the God of the Flesh?" and the answer is simply, the "God" you thought you had hope in, when you yourself, were a 'man' of the world).

This comes with experience, but suffice it to say: we are not in the business of overhauling, our converts "lives". Rather, our converts lives, are their own in God, for as long as it takes for them to love God and be loved by God - that the Mystery of the Faith, grow in them, for the sake of all godliness, mercy and truth. Once their soul is converted, the Love of God will be theirs for all time, remembering that we must continue in the works of our salvation, to the end - in order to be saved (as it says in scripture "But he who endures to the end shall be saved" and "the things concerning Me have an end"). It will never be a complete transformation, until we reach the Pearly Gates of Heaven, but with commitment, that small change, is able to effect the salvation of the whole in Christ Jesus.

I hope maybe you got some of this, that you are able to commit to less than ruling over sin, in your Christian calling, for the Great Commission and are able to be reasonable with your brothers, who still don't have this clarity (or at least, the dawning of it, has not yet reached fullness in them).

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟408,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The hope is being forgiven and not being punished eternally for our sins. Convert the regret of sin. Bring it out, help it grow, reinforce that it is Gods will. When he is released from his sin it will remain to lead him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0