Visit site
✟27,276.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Five minutes with the Word of God" is an ongoing (weekly) series of Youtube videos that I was led to create on my channel.

Here are the details along with a link, in case anybody may find it helpful.

1. I noticed that sermons from my church were not holding viewers because the average attention span on Youtube is quite short.

2. There is a need for the Word of God to be on Youtube.

3. My focus is mainly for Christians seeking a deeper relationship with God.... although occasionally I may be led to address the unsaved.

4. As name implies, I want more people (Christians or not) to be actually reading God's Word and I try to explain the Word in a clear and easily understood manner (as the Lord directs me).

5. I welcome questions, suggestions and comments from all viewers in an effort to help people know God better which is the whole purpose of the program.

6. Some of the things I say on the program may be critical to the 'church' (without naming specific denominations).... this is not to discourage people from joining any fellowship because we need each other.... the 'church' when used in this sense is not the universal true church of Jesus Christ (composed of all born-again believers worldwide) but rather what the unsaved peoples see as the 'church' in the Western world..... increasingly this 'church', very visible through television networks, is becoming very 'commercial' and while claiming to be following the Bible is NOT teaching the Gospel as contained therein ..... this is to be expected in the last days.... but still, by focusing on what the Scripture actually says maybe some will be snatched from the deception, by their earnest desire to please God and do His Will.

I hope I have not broken any rules by this post but the Admin for this forum can correct me if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2T2hXG9I1AoFR3juqE6yz7Of7sIRR91s

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The average attention span is not shorter today and I think it is still about 5 minutes for children and 10-15 minutes for adults. But I think the subject matter makes the difference, and how it is presented.

Depending upon your audience many generations have been raised on bright colors, fast moving animated objects, loud sounds and the like...and the more they experienced the more they needed it even brighter, faster, and louder. It is a type of addiction imo.

People's concentration levels might have changed over-all... becoming used to communicating in brief spurts of text, often abbreviated itself of topics that often don't require much 'thinking about'.

Your post is causing me to rethink some things... about reaching others for Jesus. Perhaps the short verse, proverb or the like given in spurts is just how their brains can absorb the Gospel?!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. I noticed that sermons from my church were not holding viewers because the average attention span on Youtube is quite short.
Online is 3-7 seconds before they decide to stay or not.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I welcome questions, suggestions and comments from all viewers in an effort to help people know God better which is the whole purpose of the program.
I recommend sales. People will listen if they have an ongoing relationship with you. Sell a great product and they will follow you for years. I keep in touch with a billionaire I contacted 20 years ago and I follow his ideas still. He was always a cool guy.

Upvote 0