manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why is it that lgbt will lobby for law's for equality, and everybody lobby's for laws except Christian's?
.why are Christian's always passively letting the devil do something and the one's to never do anything when something happen's?

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course Christians lobby. I'm aware, for example, of strong Christian campaigns for better treatment of refugees, for the alleviation of poverty, for global peace, for the limiting of particular social ills (eg. gambling, the sex industry), for freedom of religion, and so on.

Christians are by no means passive in our current political structures.

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course Christians lobby. I'm aware, for example, of strong Christian campaigns for better treatment of refugees, for the alleviation of poverty, for global peace, for the limiting of particular social ills (eg. gambling, the sex industry), for freedom of religion, and so on.

then they're targeting all of the wrong issue's because the world's a horrible place.

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

can you provide any link's to active lobby's? I was also talking about serious issue's, like issue's with the country that specifically target Christian's.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
can you provide any link's to active lobby's? I was also talking about serious issue's, like issue's with the country that specifically target Christian's.

Well, we're in different countries, and I'm not so familiar with the American scene. But I'm sure if you google you'll be able to find some things relevant to your own government.

But honestly, if you don't think things like warfare and poverty are serious issues, then I think we might be coming at this question with some very different basic assumptions.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Saltshakers tried but...(Matthew 9:37)

From what I remember of Salt Shakers, I would say part of their difficulty was that they got caught up fighting unnecessary battles and not focussing on the big things. (For example, they ran a big scare campaign against the religious vilification legislation, claiming ministers would be thrown in gaol for preaching that "Jesus is the only way," and all sorts of nonsense like that. In reality, that bill's caused no problems for Christians, and in the meantime, they weren't expending energy on real issues).

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Going to jail for preaching that "Jesus is the only way," would be a badge of honour for some Christians.

#real_issue

The point is, it's not happening under that legislation. It was never going to happen under that legislation. Salt Shakers were tilting at windmills.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why is it that lgbt will lobby for law's for equality, and everybody lobby's for laws except Christian's?
.why are Christian's always passively letting the devil do something and the one's to never do anything when something happen's?
Because that is how God works , he let them fall deeper into depravity then annihilate them usually in old times.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
then they're targeting all of the wrong issue's because the world's a horrible place.

That's your opinion only. Many of us disagree with you. BTW, I'm not sure why you say that the world that God created is a horrible place. What's wrong with it, specifically?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listen man I'm going to tell you straight up, I don:
That's your opinion only. Many of us disagree with you. BTW, I'm not sure why you say that the world that God created is a horrible place. What's wrong with it, specifically?
Listen man I'm going to tell you straight up, I don't care if you disagree with me. The fact that The world at large, such as in cases in China that have made it illegal to even talk about Jesus without being beat and the fact the church has been forced into the underground reflect.politics have been aimed at Christian's. disagree all you want but use correct terms instead of staying it's an opinion.

I find this fairy tale attitude that the world has no problem with Christian's is exactly how the world then created laws that effectively target Christian's because of their lazyness, disregard for doing anything, and their general attitude towards "let God handle it." Last time I checked, God make'd us all responsible for going out into the world to do The Father's Will. In the case of America, where do you see that. Second, let me ask you a question, how does the antichrist get instituted, and how does the mark of the beast get instituted and because the devil targets Christian's and Christianity, as seen throughout the course of The Bible into Revelation as the spirit of the anti-christ that posesses not only the anti-christ but those in rebellion, do you conclude that Christiani's are somehow not going to get targeted, by a political person and politics when The Scripture's state that he intend's to execute anyone who does not worship him, which is in it's proper context, Christian's? You're deluded and so is your opinion.

There's a post about a man who denied baking a cake for a gay couple, and they've been targeting him ever since. Do your research before you have an "opinion.' my post evaluate's that whatever Christian's are lobbying for it's been ineffective and should instead Lobby for something a little more Contextual like illegally targeting their belief system.Christians should try to do something together for once rather than trying to one man army legislation with people who don't even take them seriously because the majority of the world are practicing satanist's.

I fail to see how Christian's get to say, everything's fine but really everyone knows it's not. Since the onset of the pandemic, a lockdown was instituted to countries that weren't even exposed to the Corona virus. bill Hate's just released a video about " does getting people vaccinated and saving lives lead to overpopulation. " If you think the world cares whether you live or die, your mistaken and these radicals who are seen pushing their agenda down the throat's of citizens is reflected in politics and daily life, so no it's not my opinion. Do something and ask other people to help you if you have a good idea.

I barely see any Christian's taking a stance on anything except what won't change. They should rather be concerned about protecting themselves but instead they have adopted views like obeidience to a satanic form of goverment. Read the actual Biblical Source text and you might see for how so long Biblical alterations have been made To The Bible for political reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because that is how God works , he let them fall deeper into depravity then annihilate them usually in old times.
I don't think that's how God works rather I think that's the difference between when God get's involved because people do not listen and do not change.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that's how God works rather I think that's the difference between when God get's involved because people do not listen and do not change.
but it's literally written in Bible God leaves them to thier own wicked desires

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

From the context of the verses, Paul seems to be talking about people who know that God exists but yet have decided to chase after their lusts.

My confusion is that if they were already doing this, they already had a reprobate mind, concerning God, and Paul's statement is more of an evaluation of what had happened. That they were given over because they have no aspect of personal conviction towards their sin. Either way, there are many people who feel convicted over their sin and have repented.

In the case of some homosexuals, if the verse was ironclad, then the point at which they started practicing homosexuality, they would not be able to change.

There are also instances of child molestation, by someone of the same sex which I'm sure doesn't Contextually apply, as it's a gray area, that have caused young children to become sexually confused who then go on to associate sexual relationships as based on their concept of sexuality because of their expierience.

Now, whether or not God has given them over without the possibility of allowing for them to repent, is questionable. There are many homosexuals who happen to change their lifestyle. As far as a verse, no one knows the extent to which it applies. It says they were given over to a reprobate mind, not that they were forever condemned.

This verses are particularly hard to read, because I know I myself am guilty of many things but I would like to suppose that those who seek repentance can be offered repentance, not that their sin nature has bound them for life.

What do you take on the stance of one of the Bible verses that say a slave has no place in a family, but a son has a place in a family forever? It insinuates a son, is literally a part of a family, and as such, can never be disregarded as family.

There are so many things I wish were explained in a full clarity in The Bible and I can not understand why they were not, other than, for what seems to be a military purpose which is itself confounding, the concelment of information or abstracting information that no one would be able to understand who is not a part of a group of people, such as in the case of parables.

My particular question deals with why aren't Christian's more active togheher in the world, rather than, from what you can tell, those who show up to a sunday session and are islands throughout the rest of the week. I feel Christian's have made it hard for themselves because instead of living in a way that is conveinyant for Their Faith they have instead tried to live according to the standard of the world rather than being a true Community. satanist's hang out all the time, lobby together, as The Bible Say's the world knows it's own but it seem's like no Christian's know their own.

Christian's are islands while the world is more progressive and it's more easy to conquer people after they have been divided.

Upvote 0

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seriously, let me ask people a question. If lgbt can lobby for an equality act against Christianity, why can't Christian's lobby for their Faith In God to extend to a personal domain of their Live's that no one has the right to question?

Seriously the argument that personal Conviction's violate someone's perceived rights in the case of homosexual's highlight's persecution. Such foolishness would be comparable to if I walked into a gun right's convention and claimed that as a pacifist their concept of right's violated my pacifism.

Upvote 0