A self proclaimed "Saved Calvinist" commits murder in the morning...

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being born again requires the individual to accept that his way of life is rejected by God and turn to Him instead. It is a change of mind. God will give us a new heart, if we accept Christ. Unfortunately, many people have no idea what repentance is and what it means to accept Christ. Too many are given a shallow "just invite Jesus into your heart" message. If there is no conviction of sin and no repentance, there can be no true salvation.

Being born again is strictly a work of the Holy Spirit.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Being born again is strictly a work of the Holy Spirit.

M-Bob
John 1-12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.
I do not subscribe to any "ist" or "ism". The Word of God speaks for itself. Of course it is the work of the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit does not wave His magic wand over people and they just get saved.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,799.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you?

What's your point of even asking asking since I doubt your actually questioning his faith in Christ?
I am a worthless sinner but know salvation is there for me through the Grace of God, my faith in Christ and His perfect sacrifice, His Catholic Church and my continuing works and repentance through my life.

My question still stands...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a worthless sinner but know salvation is there for me through the Grace of God, my faith in Christ and His perfect sacrifice, His Catholic Church and my continuing works and repentance through my life.

My question still stands...

I suppose that's the issue then.

have a nice day.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you saved..?

Doesn't seem to be a proper question to ask people on the internet?

If they make the statement on their own
I'm saved
or
I'm not saved
then maybe we can work from that?

On it's own
(I think) the statement comes off as a harsh one?

Not sure how the forum rules cover that?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 1-12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.
I do not subscribe to any "ist" or "ism". The Word of God speaks for itself. Of course it is the work of the Holy Spirit. But the Holy Spirit does not wave His magic wand over people and they just get saved.

What did Paul or Nicodemus need to be saved.
Only the Holy Spirit.

Paul was (doing nothing good) when the Holy Spirit entered him.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,799.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't seem to be a proper question to ask people on the internet?

If they make the statement on their own
I'm saved
or
I'm not saved
then maybe we can work from that?

On it's own
(I think) the statement comes off as a harsh one?

Not sure how the forum rules cover that?
M-Bob
You'd be amazed at the many varied responses I get from Reformed folk.

Its the hardest one for a Calvinist to answer funnily enough...

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you saved..?

Sorry, I find no benefit here, and I'll tell you why.

I would characterize myself as a saved, Spirit filled believer and follower of Christ who for love of Him and to follow Him I put all on the line, my family, freinds, my reputation - all to follow this Christ.

You would classify me as a heretic destined for hell, who, if we lived just a few hundred years ago would have killed me as fast if not faster as any Islamic extremist for daring to leave Islam to follow Christ..

While at the same time, in our modern day, would declare a practicing Muslim heaven bound...

So this isn't my place here - at all. I'll leave all this "who's the bigger heretic" show to those who feel it their duty to answer here. It's not mine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What did Paul or Nicodemus need to be saved.
Only the Holy Spirit.

Paul was (doing nothing good) when the Holy Spirit entered him.

M-Bob
Lord Jesus saves. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin and reveals the Lord Jesus as Saviour to the sinner. When the sinner sees his sin, he may indeed ask, (as I did) what does he do to be saved. I don't recall anywhere in the Word where it says that we need to believe in the Holy Spirit. When I got born again, I had no idea who the "Holy Ghost" was. Yes, I'm that old. I was somewhat spooked by the idea of a ghost, Holy or otherwise. Of course I know better now. If all you have is the spirit, you are not born again and the spirit you have is not holy.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You'd be amazed at the many varied responses I get from Reformed folk.
Its the hardest one for a Calvinist to answer funnily enough...

We are assured that we are saved
through Christ Alone.
Repent often
examine ourselves
remember each day to finish The Good Race.
M

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't recall anywhere in the Word where it says that we need to believe in the Holy Spirit.

When I got born again, I had no idea who the "Holy Ghost" was. Yes, I'm that old. I was somewhat spooked by the idea of a ghost, Holy or otherwise. Of course I know better now. If all you have is the spirit, you are not born again and the spirit you have is not holy.

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. gives birth to spirit. must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So what did we do?
M

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,799.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I find no benefit here, and I'll tell you why.

I would characterize myself as a saved, Spirit filled believer and follower of Christ who for love of Him and to follow Him I put all on the line, my family, freinds, my reputation - all to follow this Christ.

You would classify me as a heretic destined for hell, who, if we lived just a few hundred years ago would have killed me as fast if not faster as any Islamic extremist for daring to leave Islam to follow Christ..

While at the same time, in our modern day, would declare a practicing Muslim heaven bound...

So this isn't my place here - at all. I'll leave all this "who's the bigger heretic" show to those who feel it their duty to answer here. It's not mine.
Can you lose your salvation..?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.