Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looking around at how literally everything in this society, culture, and civilization seems to be unravelling at an alarming pace, it's difficult for me to be optimistic and confident about the future. There is corruption in the government, corruption in the media, corruption in the culture, even corruption in the Church.

Matthew 24 is a chapter that you could spend years researching; and it is becoming more and more applicable to our current situation, I believe. Some verses are resounding with me very strongly, especially these:

"You will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24: 9-13)

Have we seen an "increase of wickedness"? Yeah, and boy howdy. It's very, very easy to slip into disgust and cynicism; but does that constitute "love growing cold"?

I don't know, but it worries me. I try to keep my love from growing cold. I hope I can stand firm until the end, lest I should be lost. These are troubling times, and I am a poor sinner buffeted about by many waves. Pray for me, brethren; as I pray for all of us. Come soon, Lord Jesus.