• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

A Sabbath of rest to YHWH

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by gadar perets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. gadar perets

gadar perets Messianic Hebrew

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    I agree.

2. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    The seventh "day" is a reference to the entire 24 hour period.

I have no idea what you are asking.

3. Mercy74

Mercy74 Mercy Messianic Judaism

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Do you know understand how men calculate time? They measure the time and distance the planets orbit around the sun. Of course the sun was not created until day 4. YHWH is right, by calling light that shined day, the darkness YHWH called night. The first three days for sure did not have a 24 hour period, no sunrise or sunset. The first six days have evening and morning. The seventh day YHWH made holy, no evening or morning. If the sixth day ended with morning as you surmise, then the Sabbath would continue to be light not dark.

4. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    I use "24 hours" to loosely refer to the time period from sundown to sundown.

Do you accept the fact that the weekly Sabbath we have now has a morning and an evening? If not, please explain the verses I quoted in post #68.

As I surmise? Don't you surmise the same thing? Are you saying the sun did not go down to end the sixth day of Genesis 1? Are you saying the 7th day of Genesis 2 did not start with darkness?

5. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    The seventh day of creation already occurred, no evening or morning. You must first grasp this point before we can move forward to more complicated understanding. The Sabbath day does not keep reoccurring every six days, the Sabbath is a holy day, eternal in nature. This is why it must be honored always.

6. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    I grasp the fact that no evening and morning are mentioned in Genesis 2. That does not mean there was no evening and morning. We are not told the Apostle Paul has ten fingers, but that does not mean he doesn't.

Every 7th day is holy, not just the first one of the creation week (Ex 31:15; 35:2). We are to honor every 7th day (Isaiah 58:13).

Every 7th day is eternal in nature? That sounds real spiritual. Do you have a verse stating that?

7. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    You are asking for verses that state a thing but then state many things with no scriptural support. Paul did not have ten fingers, he had 8 fingers and two thumbs (smile). Do you understand patterns? You agreed that when evening and morning ended, YHWH finished his work.

8. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    Such as?

Yes, and then the evening of the seventh day began

9. chunkofcoal

chunkofcoal Messianic Christian

+315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Is there a deeper reason for the evening and morning not being mentioned for the seventh day? It is curious also that the first days of creation are each written (in the Hebrew) as "a day" but the sixth day is written as "the sixth day".

10. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    The scriptures do not mention "evening of the seventh day" or "new Sabbaths". You dismiss patterns "evening and morning" being mentionerd for six consecutive days but then you understand YHWH finished his work; evening and morning ended on the sixth day. Then you surmise that evening peceded morning, which would mean , the sixth day ended with a bright light (morning). The seventh day is holy, eternal in nature, a spiritual day no mention of evening and morning. YHWH spoke the world into existence, so as long as evening and morning exists, when evening and morning ended, YHWH ended his work of creation. If a lawyer says "I rest my case" everyone in the courtroom knows he has finished speaking his argument regarding the case; we know Sabbath means rest.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  11. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    Please explain to me what Adam and Eve saw on that first Sabbath. Did they go to sleep in the dark after the sunset ending the sixth day? Did they wake up at sunrise? Did they spend the rest of the Sabbath watching the sun rise and set? Answering these questions will help me to understand your view better.

12. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    YHWH says the day Adam would eat from the forbidden tree, he would surely die; YHWH caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep. The first three days of creation, there was no sunrise or sunset, the sun was created on day 4. Why are you so adamant about making the seventh day have evening and morning, or sunrise and sun?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    Why aren't you answering my questions? I am trying to understand your view, but you are being so elusive. I don't know where you are coming from.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  14. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Adam was created on the sixth day, was he then given six days to complete his work as the law says? The seventh day was the day after Adam was created. Do you understand your question?

15. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    I will give you one more opportunity to be a teacher that people can understand. If you refuse to answer my simple questions, then we are done.

Yes, Adam was created on the sixth day. During creation week he had less than one day to complete his work. Every other week thereafter he had six days to complete his work. See how simple that was for me to answer your question?

Here are mine. Did Adam and Eve go to sleep in the dark after the sunset ending the sixth day of creation week? Did they wake up at sunrise? Did they spend the rest of the Sabbath watching the sun rise and set?

16. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Why did Adam have only one day to do his work?

17. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,262
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Adam did not work in the garden, the toil began later.

18. Mercy74

+41
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Genesis 2:15

19. gadar perets

+1,013
    United States
    Unitarian
    Single
    US-Others
    Have a nice life young man. I hope you mature quickly and learn to how to teach better.

20. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,262
    Non-Denom
    Single