A Sabbath I wont soon forget

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,443.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
O.k., now, that was really peculiar!

At first I thought, I was just gonna share a concept that had recently dawned on me, but something awfully strange occurred in the process of compiling my thoughts...

I completely missed My observation of the Sabbath...or did I?

Somehow I thought sundown Saturday was sundown Friday, I woke up this morning thinking today was Saturday, and just like any one out there who makes it a point to observe the Sabbath, I was initially troubled, and concerned, and even more so baffled, as to how I completely missed a day....a day that is my custom to keep Holy-Kodesh.

Then I was comforted when Ruach H'Kodesh pointed out to me one of the key dynamics that actually occurred this Sabbath, which happen to entail a point and time when the Sabbath was not yet instituted for one to observe it.

Consequently, for me this only served as a confirmation, that the concept which dawned upon me was more than just a logical proposition, but one accompanied with a trance like state of reality, which (not always, but) frequently accompanies one when receiving Divine communicae.

Ha, Haaaah, (Lo, and Behold), the thoughts which I received while laying upon my bed concerned the Commemoration of Moshe, and pertains to his receiving of the ten Commandments;

I was meditating on the passage where Yeshua tells Peter to, "Go to the sea and cast in a hook...", and revelations from this led me to consider The Commemoration of Moshe receiving the ten commandments, and my thoughts were as follows.

The Commemoration of Moshe receiving the ten commandments should last 40 days & 40 nights, and the 10 commandments should be divided among the 40 days & 40 nights accordingly, 4 days & 4 nights per commandment.

Just as the children of Israel were sentenced to wander in the wilderness according to the number of days in which they searched the promised (Sabbath) place of rest, 1 year for each day.

Yet, because it is a Commemoration of Moshe receiving the 10 commandments, we know that, he could not keep the Sabbath until he received the commandment to do so.

YHWH explained, because He kept the Sabbath, that we should do so as well, yet before He instituted the Sabbath there was no Sabbath for Him to keep.

Thus, the first three commandments should each receive 4 days & 4 nights of absorption, without a Sabbath, 3 (commandments) x 4 (days each) = 12 days (into the commemoration);

40 (days) - 12 (days) = 28 days left remaining in the commemoration, and the 10 commandments - 3 leaves 7 Commandments remaining.

On the 13th day comes the command to keep the Sabbath thus the 28 remaining days will perfectly accommodate 4 Sabbaths (7x4=28).

Thus the 7 remaining Commandments will have 3 days each to be absorbed, that's 2 commandments a week, then a Sabbath, resulting with the 40th day being a Sabbath.

Thus was my amazing, yet peculiar Sabbath, ending with such notions as, should I double the 40 days and 40 nights?

For Moshe had to enter the mount a second time, or do I just observe what appears to be the initially intended 40 days and 40 nights?

Thoughts anyone?

Not that it really means anything, but it also just dawned on me as an after thought, that my birthday (Pentecost), and the Ten Commandments share the same day of Commemoration (Shavuot).

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
O.k., now, that was really peculiar!

At first I thought, I was just gonna share a concept that had recently dawned on me, but something awfully strange occurred in the process of compiling my thoughts...

Somehow I thought sundown Saturday was sundown Friday, I woke up this morning thinking today was Saturday, and just like any one out there who makes it a point to observe the Sabbath, I was initially troubled, and concerned, and even more so baffled, as to how I completely missed a day....a day that is my custom to keep Holy-Kodesh.

Then I was comforted when Ruach H'Kodesh pointed out to me one of the key dynamics that actually occurred this Sabbath, which happen to entail a point and time when the Sabbath was not yet instituted for one to observe it.
The children of Israel were tested in the wilderness before they even got to Mount Sinai regarding the keeping of the shabbat... Ex 16.
Consequently, for me this only served as a confirmation, that the concept which dawned upon me was more than just a logical proposition, but one accompanied with a trance like state of reality, which (not always, but) frequently accompanies one when receiving Divine communicae.

Ha, Haaaah, (Lo, and Behold), the thoughts which I received while laying upon my bed concerned the Commemoration of Moshe, and pertains to his receiving of the ten Commandments;

I was meditating on the passage where Yeshua tells Peter to, "Go to the sea and cast in a hook...", and revelations from this led me to consider The Commemoration of Moshe receiving the ten commandments, and my thoughts were as follows.

The Commemoration of Moshe receiving the ten commandments should last 40 days & 40 nights, and the 10 commandments should be divided among the 40 days & 40 nights accordingly, 4 days & 4 nights per commandment.
I don't think it was just the ten that were discussed for the 40 days. Since before Moses did the 40 days and nights with Him, God has already spoken the Ten to the people, and they declared that it was too much and could Moses go up and bring the message down to them. ...Look at Ex 20 where God spoke to the people...
18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. 19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
the God talks to Moses about the rest of the details which he wrote on parchment.
Ex 24:24 And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the Lord, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off. 2 And Moses alone shall come near the Lord: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him. 3 And Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the Lord hath said will we do. 4 And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
which is a little different that what you are saying. But I like the correlation you have made with 1 year with each day.
Just as the children of Israel were sentenced to wander in the wilderness according to the number of days in which they searched the promised (Sabbath) place of rest, 1 year for each day.

Yet, because it is a Commemoration of Moshe receiving the 10 commandments, we know that, he could not keep the Sabbath until he received the commandment to do so.
He has to keep the Sabbath because God indicated with the test, that is was a standard already in place long before Mount Sinai. Again re-read Ex 16...
4 Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no. 5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily
Sabbath we know has been instituted since the creation of the world.
YHWH explained, because He kept the Sabbath, that we should do so as well, yet before He instituted the Sabbath there was no Sabbath for Him to keep.
I don't believe mankind has ever been before the Sabbath, since it is the first thing they were introduced to.
Thus, the first three commandments should each receive 4 days & 4 nights of absorption, without a Sabbath, 3 (commandments) x 4 (days each) = 12 days (into the commemoration);

40 (days) - 12 (days) = 28 days left remaining in the commemoration, and the 10 commandments - 3 leaves 7 Commandments remaining.

On the 13th day comes the command to keep the Sabbath thus the 28 remaining days will perfectly accommodate 4 Sabbaths (7x4=28).

Thus the 7 remaining Commandments will have 3 days each to be absorbed, that's 2 commandments a week, then a Sabbath, resulting with the 40th day being a Sabbath.

Thus was my amazing, yet peculiar Sabbath, ending with such notions as, should I double the 40 days and 40 nights?

For Moshe had to enter the mount a second time, or do I just observe what appears to be the initially intended 40 days and 40 nights?
Isn't this all in timing with the spring feasts?
Thoughts anyone?

Not that it really means anything, but it also just dawned on me as an after thought, that my birthday (Pentecost), and the Ten Commandments share the same day of Commemoration (Shavuot).
Yep. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

If you celebrated Sabbath this past sundown Saturday, you kept Shemini Atzeret - the eighth day High Sabbath - with me and my wife :)

Upvote 0