Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is an idea I've had for some time: I'd like to try out a roleplay written backward. The first post would be the end of the story, and each subsequent post would describe what happened before that. A character would be introduced by being killed off, and... well no characters really get removed from these roleplays, do they? I suppose if you needed one gone, you could just post their arrival. So, who's in?

Subscribe to this thread

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I almost forgot... this would be a sci-fi/fantasy mixture roleplay with pretty much any sort of character welcome. Just remember that you'll be spending most of this roleplay describing how the initial conditions came about, so starting out with your character in a situation that they couldn't possibly have gotten into is a recipe for writer's block. In general I would expect characters to decrease in power as the roleplay progresses, since that's the opposite of what tends to happen when time is moving forwards.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, that makes three people... I think. Since we're starting at the end, our characters should already be well-known, which means we'll at least need to clarify our characters' reputations OOC.

Here's my character
Lattaral Perri

I intend to start us off with a space battle that results in the end of the universe. Since we're starting at the end, I see this as a handy way to ensure that there's nothing after the end (and hence no temptation to go forward instead of backward).

Multiple characters per person is fine; I intend to play some additional characters myself later on.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well it was almost on time...Heres Emily Artury

Let me know if I need to change any thing

Does she have any significant past? Since this roleplay will be starting at the end, the entire story is in the past, so a character with no past to speak of won't be able to do anything worth mentioning during the story.

Ideally, characters in this roleplay should start out near the end of their career, so that they have plenty of leeway for doing interesting things as the story progresses.

Of course, if she's done plenty of interesting things and has merely managed to avoid the public eye, then that's fine. I just want to make sure that you're not trying to use someone about to embark on her first adventure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums