Sep 16, 2015
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not religious not is my family, but I like to believe that there is someone up there watching over us. Someone we can talk to, someone to help is in our time of need.

Now I'm not in the happiest of states lately, I feel like I don't really have a purpose. Now I love music and I play the piano, at a novice-adept level. But there is something I need to continue my legacy in music, something that would mean the world to me:

Perfect Pitch. I am praying for this ability. It will help me with music, make me feel useful in the world and like I have a purpose. Playing music by ear and naming notes easily would allow me to be who I want to be. I believe that one day, I will gain this ability, therefore I pray everyday for it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me;

God bless you all!

Sep 16, 2015
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Joining in group prayer. :groupray:

Your profile states: Christian - was you a Christian? It is perfectly fine for you to choose another option...just something I noticed.

Prayers for you! :crossrc:

That is an error. I thought I had clicked on the option which said no religion. Hmmm, will have to change that!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers!

Upvote 0

Leslie B

Jun 27, 2015
✟8,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not religious not is my family, but I like to believe that there is someone up there watching over us. Someone we can talk to, someone to help is in our time of need.

Now I'm not in the happiest of states lately, I feel like I don't really have a purpose. Now I love music and I play the piano, at a novice-adept level. But there is something I need to continue my legacy in music, something that would mean the world to me:

Perfect Pitch. I am praying for this ability. It will help me with music, make me feel useful in the world and like I have a purpose. Playing music by ear and naming notes easily would allow me to be who I want to be. I believe that one day, I will gain this ability, therefore I pray everyday for it.

God bless you all!

You want us to pray for you to a God that you barely acknowledge and for the purpose of gaining perfect pitch? Is this a serious post?

I want you to know that God is real and you have a purpose that is greater than leaving a musical legacy. If you would seek God you would find this purpose in Jesus.

The God who created everything seen and unseen has called us to salvation and created us for His glory. God calls us to turn away from sin and love Him wih all our heart.

If you do not believe that God exists I tell you that you are walking on a path that leads to Hell. While you are alive there is still time to repent. God loves you so much that he gave his only son to suffer and taste death for you so that the could take the punishment of your sin and give you righteousness in believing in Jesus.

Please turn from your sins and seek the Lord. Put your faith in Christ and trust in him because he loves you and doesnt want anyone to perish but for everyone to repent.

There is a way that seems right but in the end it leads to death.

I pray God grives you grace to turn to him so that times of refreshing can come from His presence. Amen

Upvote 0

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is an error. I thought I had clicked on the option which said no religion. Hmmm, will have to change that!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers!
No problem - I suspected that. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

God bless you all!

God is good; perhaps he will grant what you require.

In the meantime, your part is to change from novice adept to whatever the next stage is; train your ear at the same time as you learn to play. And your purpose is to become the very best person you can be.

I wish you well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
You want us to pray for you to a God that you barely acknowledge and for the purpose of gaining perfect pitch? Is this a serious post?

I want you to know that God is real and you have a purpose that is greater than leaving a musical legacy. If you would seek God you would find this purpose in Jesus.

The God who created everything seen and unseen has called us to salvation and created us for His glory. God calls us to turn away from sin and love Him wih all our heart.

If you do not believe that God exists I tell you that you are walking on a path that leads to Hell. While you are alive there is still time to repent. God loves you so much that he gave his only son to suffer and taste death for you so that the could take the punishment of your sin and give you righteousness in believing in Jesus.

Please turn from your sins and seek the Lord. Put your faith in Christ and trust in him because he loves you and doesnt want anyone to perish but for everyone to repent.

There is a way that seems right but in the end it leads to death.

I pray God grives you grace to turn to him so that times of refreshing can come from His presence. Amen

How distinctly uncharitable.

If I were a non believer reading that I am pretty sure I would not want to know more.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0
Sep 16, 2015
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marshall, an update would be appreciated... are you finding the answer you need here?

:prayer: Father guide this member on the path You have for him,,,finding You first in all love.

I am still lost I'm afraid. I really want to pursue a musical career but I have literally no support from family and friends. So I literally don't know what I am doing. Is this a sign saying this path isn't for me? I just don't know. But deep down, I feel like I am a musician. I can foresee it. It is just me. But with nobody supporting me, thus the lack of learning, I need something. A step. And I am just not getting anywhere. I don't know what to do....

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah I see. You did post in a forum for non-Christians to post their prayer requests ;) You might receive more viewings and prayer in the Christian prayer request forum... Prayer Wall But no matter, God hears my prayers no matter where I am! :D

Yes, sometimes God says, "Wait." Sometimes while we are sure that this is where I want to end up, God takes us on a different path to learn others things we don't realize we need as well...before putting on that path we jumped onto at the beginning! I won't pray for patience for you, I KNOW that brings trials (you can try it if you want but really?)

:prayer: Father continue to speak to Marshall about what You have given him as talent and abilities and how You want him to use them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I am still lost I'm afraid. I really want to pursue a musical career but I have literally no support from family and friends. So I literally don't know what I am doing. Is this a sign saying this path isn't for me? I just don't know. But deep down, I feel like I am a musician. I can foresee it. It is just me. But with nobody supporting me, thus the lack of learning, I need something. A step. And I am just not getting anywhere. I don't know what to do....
I didn't see your original post , but , you know what ? If God has that plan for your life, you will fulfill it. But, the only way to accomplish it the right way...is to have a relationship with Christ. I can tell you this, if your music would be consisting of lyrics that God would not approve of...then that's outside his will. Not saying he doesn't want you to share your God given musical abilities. I had visions of being a rock star when I was young, and I was quite good , but, I was such a baby Christian ...that I know if he didn't derail that it would have been the end of that good girl life I was also seeking. So, being famous can open the door to all kinds of temptations...but seek God! He will guide you . and no matter what his ultimate plan is....your gonna love it!!!

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 16, 2015
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't see your original post , but , you know what ? If God has that plan for your life, you will fulfill it. But, the only way to accomplish it the right way...is to have a relationship with Christ. I can tell you this, if your music would be consisting of lyrics that God would not approve of...then that's outside his will. Not saying he doesn't want you to share your God given musical abilities. I had visions of being a rock star when I was young, and I was quite good , but, I was such a baby Christian ...that I know if he didn't derail that it would have been the end of that good girl life I was also seeking. So, being famous can open the door to all kinds of temptations...but seek God! He will guide you . and no matter what his ultimate plan is....your gonna love it!!!

I don't want to be famous though, that is the thing. I just want to make music with my voice! My tone is so boring, the pitch is there but the range is not. Just these things will allow me to be complete. I honestly believe that the Lord will give me access to the keys that will unlock my future. And I pray for him every night.

Upvote 0

sunsurfkdt

Nov 29, 2015
US
✟15,783.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to be famous though, that is the thing. I just want to make music with my voice! My tone is so boring, the pitch is there but the range is not. Just these things will allow me to be complete. I honestly believe that the Lord will give me access to the keys that will unlock my future. And I pray for him every night.
Well, He will help you along don't worry. Keep praying. Go where you're led. If you feel in your gut you shouldn't do something, like you know this is not something right, but your like flesh really wants to go ahead with it...go with ur spirit .even though the flesh seems way more desirable at that moment. Stay happy, positive, ask God for direction, ask He reveal His plan for your life, ask Him to speak to you! God bless. And I hope you get what u want out of life. : )

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marshall,
I can feel your enthusiasm for music...I am a music teacher and a Christian, so I know where you are coming from as I have been there, long before I was a Christian.

I loved music, and my piano...and I wanted perfect pitch, playing a note and trying to hold it in my memory (slipping down in pitch every time)

Well then I became a Christian and found that there was an analogy between being a Christian and loving music as you do.
I thought of God the Father as the 'music' all around and within me,
God is music...he is all around me...all I have to do is listen
and Jesus Christ as my piano, that I was devoted to and needed to spend time with every day.
The Holy Spirit would be... I can't remember now,... I think it was the power of the music flowing through me...as I say, it is only an analogy that I used a while back, although I firmly feel that 'God is in the music' there is music in the Bible, everywhere, Music Forever!

To get practical...

Youtube has lessons for everything, how to play the piano, how to play scales, how to play chords, how to sing tenor (or whatever) it is all there. (Careful though...I put in pitching and got baseball..ha, ha...)

This link is really good, practice the pitching every day

there is also 'relative pitch' which is very good and you will possibly achieve this first,

I also pray that you will get to know Christ, with real certainty and clear understanding. A great person to get to know!

graphics-music-notes-621859.gif

Let me know how you get on,

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is very clear as to what our purpose in life should be. Men in both the Old and New Testaments sought for and discovered life’s purpose. Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, discovered the futility of life when it is lived only for this world. He gives these concluding remarks in the book of Ecclesiastes: "Here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). Solomon says that life is all about honoring God with our thoughts and lives and thus keeping His commandments, for one day we will stand before Him in judgment. Part of our purpose in life is to fear God and obey Him.

Another part of our purpose is to see life on this earth in perspective. Unlike those whose focus is on this life, King David looked for His satisfaction in the time to come. He said, "And I—in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness" (Psalm 17:15). To David, full satisfaction would come on the day when he awoke (in the next life) both beholding God's face (fellowship with Him) and being like Him (1 John 3:2).

In Psalm 73, Asaph talks about how he was tempted to envy the wicked who seemed to have no cares and built their fortunes upon the backs of those they took advantage of, but then he considered their ultimate end. In contrast to what they sought after, he states in verse 25 what mattered to him: "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you" (verse 25). To Asaph, a relationship with God mattered above all else in life. Without that relationship, life has no real purpose.

The apostle Paul talked about all he had achieved religiously before being confronted by the risen Christ, and he concluded that all of it was like a pile of manure compared to the excellence of knowing Christ Jesus. In Philippians 3:9-10, Paul says that he wants nothing more than to know Christ and “be found in Him,” to have His righteousness and to live by faith in Him, even if it meant suffering and dying. Paul’s purpose was knowing Christ, having a righteousness obtained through faith in Him, and living in fellowship with Him, even when that brought on suffering (2 Timothy 3:12). Ultimately, he looked for the time when he would be a part of the "resurrection from the dead."

Our purpose in life, as God originally created man, is 1) glorify God and enjoy fellowship with Him, 2) have good relationships with others, 3) work, and 4) have dominion over the earth. But with man's fall into sin, fellowship with God is broken, relationships with others are strained, work seems to always be frustrating, and man struggles to maintain any semblance of dominion over nature. Only by restoring fellowship with God, through faith in Jesus Christ, can purpose in life be rediscovered.

The purpose of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. We glorify God by fearing and obeying Him, keeping our eyes on our future home in heaven, and knowing Him intimately. We enjoy God by following His purpose for our lives, which enables us to experience true and lasting joy—the abundant life that He desires for us.

My advice to you is simply this. Sincerely turn your life over to Christ. Do not seek to carry out your will and desires. Rather, focus on what God's will is. When you are saved you are then guided by the Holy Spirit and your actions and decisions will align more closely with God’s will and not your own. You will be surprised to discover that when you do that, you will find that you have a far greater purpose than you ever imagined and you will have joy and fulfillment that cannot be found anywhere else. Read what Paul says about "spiritual gifts". Be sure that when you pray you first begin the prayer with "Lord, first and foremost let YOUR will be done and let me be your hands to carry out YOUR will. But if it within YOUR will and it pleases YOU, I would like your help in my career in music."

Upvote 0