7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the millennial temple that is in Jerusalem when Christ shall reign with his people during the 1000 years is really a bad temple? I don't study dispensationalism anymore but I distinctly remember this!!!

I thought you were talking about the 3rd temple.

What temple are you referring to in your claim about dispensationalists?

Upvote 0

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
No. You changed the subject from the tribulation temple to the millennial one, possibly because you are so ignorant of the scriptures that you did not even realize that they are not the same temple. One is a purely human affair, built by a people living in rebellion and unbelief. And the other is a divine affair, built by a redeemed people that will by that time have repented and come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Himself.

The vast majority will never know the difference. Not everyone studies prophecy all the time!

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The vast majority will never know the difference. Not everyone studies prophecy all the time!

Not even me. I wrote about the scriptures for years before I began seriously writing about prophecy. And my first published book was about ecclesiastics, not prophecy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have you figured out what the Islamic world would be like if a temple was started? It would be their perfect excuse.

Since when did they ever think they needed one?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The book of Daniel predicts it:
Nope, not at all.

However, in Daniel 9:27 the temple must be standing, because there is no other way to have sacrifice/grain offering. Therefore, the Jewish temple must be rebuilt.
If you'll notice sacrifice has already stopped. Prophecy fulfilled.

Also, Christ's prophecy of the abomination of desolation can only be referring back to Daniel 9:27 (he says it was spoken through Daniel the prophet) and therefore can only be referring to the rebuilt temple, since the second temple was destroyed by Titus.
See above. Sacrifice already stopped.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jews are pretty adamant about the 3rd temple.
They hide it well, then. ;)

The only people who are actually adamant about a 3rd temple are American Evangelical Christians, to whom a resumption of temple sacrifice should be an abomination.

I wouldnt be surprised if we see the temple go up in the next few years.
Don't hold your breath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A third temple will be built by the Jewish people. It will be built by unbelieving Jews . We do not know when that will take place. It will be destroyed when Christ comes back to earth at His second coming at the great earthquake when Christ sets His feet on the Temple Mount . This will be the tribulation temple.

He then will build His temple for His 1000 year reign on earth. We will rule reign with Him during over the nations that will be born on the earth. Satan will be unbound and will deceive many people in the nations and many will follow him after the 1000 years. However , the righteous will enter the new heavens and the new earth.

After the 1000 year reign on the earth. Christ himself will be the temple when the heavens come down to earth for eternity . An earthly temple at that time will no longer be needed because Christ will be their temple.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A third temple will be built by the Jewish people. It will be built by unbelieving Jews . We do not know when that will take place. It will be destroyed when Christ comes back to earth at His second coming at the great earthquake when Christ sets His feet on the Temple Mount . This will be the tribulation temple.

He then will build His temple for His 1000 year reign on earth. We will rule reign with Him during over the nations that will be born on the earth. Satan will be unbound and will deceive many people in the nations and many will follow him after the 1000 years. However , the righteous will enter the new heavens and the new earth.

After the 1000 year reign on the earth. Christ himself will be the temple when the heavens come down to earth for eternity . An earthly temple at that time will no longer be needed because Christ will be their temple.
So where is that written in scripture? Paul and Peter both plainly say the church is the temple of God "built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, wtih Jesus Himself as the cornerstone"!

Peter tell us we are "living stones" being built into a spiritual house.

I will say there will be no temple built, because I doubt that God will allow Israel to trample on Christ accomplishment at the cross. He is the High Priest, and He entered the holy of holies of heaven, and sat at the right hand of God.

This is why Jesus told the woman at the well "neither in Jerusalem nor in this mountain will you worship the Father, for He who worships God must worship in Spirit and in truth".

This idea of a physical building...simply IS NOT truth...it is missing that Ezekiels's temple is a spiritual one.

HUGE ERROR!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
And additionally, show the support for building a third temple in the prophets that is clearly distinct from their post-exilic construction.

The image of the beast that will be set up is a 3rd temple. The lamb-like beast calls fire down from heaven which is similar to what Solomon did at the dedication ceremony for the 1st temple. Also Jesus and Paul speak of the abomination of desolation that will occur in a rebuilt temple.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, not at all.

If you'll notice sacrifice has already stopped. Prophecy fulfilled.

See above. Sacrifice already stopped.

The sacrifice already stopped because Titus destroyed the temple, as predicted in Daniel 9:26. If the temple was destroyed at 9:26, then how can the sacrifices be stopped in the midst of the week at 9:27? Only if the temple is rebuilt.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Several presumptions there.

Jesus in Mt24A and Paul in 2 Thess 2 are speaking of things at hand. The standing temple of their time. There is nothing distant future in Mt 24 until "B" or v29.

The presumption that the Rev is our future needs to be explained. I understand it to be a description of the conflagration of their times, as ch 1 says, at hand, quickly, very soon.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The image of the beast that will be set up is a 3rd temple. The lamb-like beast calls fire down from heaven which is similar to what Solomon did at the dedication ceremony for the 1st temple. Also Jesus and Paul speak of the abomination of desolation that will occur in a rebuilt temple.
The first problem is that beasts are empires, based on Daniel 7. and also the head of the empire is a beast, as he rules the empire...like Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, Artaxerses, and the emperors of Rome. Secondly nothing speaks of a temple being built...absolutely NOTHING.

How you even figure Solomon deicating a temple that God ordained to be built, relates to this...is mind boggling!

Last edited:
Upvote 0