Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The book of Daniel predicts it:

"26 Then after the sixty-two weeks the [aa]Messiah will be cut off and have [ab]nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And [ac]its end will come with a flood; even to the end [ad]there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of [ae]abominations will come one who [af]makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who [ag]makes desolate.”" Dan. 9:26-27 (NASB)

Daniel 9:26 clearly predicts the destruction of the temple, which was fulfilled in 70 AD by Prince Titus of Rome. However, in Daniel 9:27 the temple must be standing, because there is no other way to have sacrifice/grain offering. Therefore, the Jewish temple must be rebuilt.

Paul also has a prophecy which cannot be fulfilled unless the temple is standing:

" 4 who opposes and exalts himself above [e]every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God." 2 Th. 2:4 (NASB)

Also, Christ's prophecy of the abomination of desolation can only be referring back to Daniel 9:27 (he says it was spoken through Daniel the prophet) and therefore can only be referring to the rebuilt temple, since the second temple was destroyed by Titus.

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
The book of Daniel predicts it:

"26 Then after the sixty-two weeks the [aa]Messiah will be cut off and have [ab]nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And [ac]its end will come with a flood; even to the end [ad]there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of [ae]abominations will come one who [af]makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who [ag]makes desolate.”" Dan. 9:26-27 (NASB)

Daniel 9:26 clearly predicts the destruction of the temple, which was fulfilled in 70 AD by Prince Titus of Rome. However, in Daniel 9:27 the temple must be standing, because there is no other way to have sacrifice/grain offering. Therefore, the Jewish temple must be rebuilt.

Paul also has a prophecy which cannot be fulfilled unless the temple is standing:

" 4 who opposes and exalts himself above [e]every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God." 2 Th. 2:4 (NASB)

Also, Christ's prophecy of the abomination of desolation can only be referring back to Daniel 9:27 (he says it was spoken through Daniel the prophet) and therefore can only be referring to the rebuilt temple, since the second temple was destroyed by Titus.

Yep, or Daniel, Paul and Jesus didn't know what they were talking about. A rebuilt temple will not be good thing however as dispensational writers think. It will be very bad and closely associated with the mark of the beast. The two times that 666 was mentioned in the OT had to do with the 1st and 2nd temples.
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold; 2Chron. 9:13

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. Ezra 2:13
Solomon used the gold to build the 1st temple and Adonikam returned with Ezra and Nehemiah to build the 2nd temple. The antichrist will probably have characteristics similar to these two men. Solomon was the king of a Israel and historically Adonikam was thought to be a non-Levite who was promoted to the priesthood.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yep, or Daniel, Paul and Jesus didn't know what they were talking about. A rebuilt temple will not be good thing however as dispensational writers think. It will be very bad and closely associated with the mark of the beast. The two times that 666 was mentioned in the OT had to do with the 1st and 2nd temples.

Where did you get the idea that dispensational writers think it will be "a good thing"? In case you have not noticed, I have repeatedly written, right in this forum, about how the scriptures show that although Judah will be back in her land in the end times, it will be in unbelief and rebellion. And every dispelsational writer I have ever read on the subject has clearly taught that this rebuilt temple in Jerusakem is where the Antichrist will sit :as God, in the temple of God, showing himself that He is God." And this goes back all the way to Irenasus, who wrote about it in his famous work titled "Against Heresies," sometime between the years 186 and 188 A,D.

Upvote 0

7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where did you get the idea that dispensational writers think it will be "a good thing"? In case you have not noticed, I have repeatedly written, right in this forum, about how the scriptures show that although Judah will be back in her land in the end times, it will be in unbelief and rebellion. And every dispelsational writer I have ever read on the subject has clearly taught that this rebuilt temple in Jerusakem is where the Antichrist will sit :as God, in the temple of God, showing himself that He is God." And this goes back all the way to Irenasus, who wrote about it in his famous work titled "Against Heresies," sometime between the years 186 and 188 A,D.

Even before Israel became a recognized nation dispys taught this.

Meaning they were correct in that Israel in fact, did as they predicted and the Jews returned to Israel.

Im not a dispy, but some of their logic is rather hard to refute, given the current paradigm we are in concerning Israel.

Everything is falling into place.

Upvote 0

7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the "logic" of two programs is easy to refute. Futurist thinking depends on it, but it is easy to refute. And there is nothing morally persuasive about such events as there is with the Gospel's appeal and the day of judgement of all mankind.

Some facts.

If futurists were wrong, there is no consequence.

If the various preterist perspectives are wrong, and soon they will be, then every one who taught preterism in fact taught a complacent eschatology.

One that does little to prepare those for what is coming, and they in fact are wrong in their understanding of scriptural prophecy.

Christ said to watch, not to go along as if nothing is going to tell us where we are prophetically. We are part of the story, we are part of the Bible.

Heb 2:15 Only in this way could He set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The reason not to be complacent is the same as it was for the fathers of America: liberty can die in one generation.

The "urgency" of the NT about some immediate and very horrible events was back during the 1st generation between Pentecost and the DofJ. It was all specific to that. Of course, there are some general warnings to heed about how our world can collapse.

With those events out of the way (the DofJ), the broader NT warning about the day of judgement resumes its importance--that there is a day of judgment coming upon all mankind and we need righteousness in our account to stand.

Upvote 0

7sForDays

Irregular Member
Apr 23, 2014
✟1,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reason not to be complacent is the same as it was for the fathers of America: liberty can die in one generation.

The "urgency" of the NT about some immediate and very horrible events was back during the 1st generation between Pentecost and the DofJ. It was all specific to that. Of course, there are some general warnings to heed about how our world can collapse.

With those events out of the way (the DofJ), the broader NT warning about the day of judgement resumes its importance--that there is a day of judgment coming upon all mankind and we need righteousness in our account to stand.

I think its a rather "feel good" eschatology that promotes complacency.

I simply disagree with you.

Judgement on earth is coming, this will always precede a victory.

That victory is the arrival of Christ on a white horse, with a sword.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist

Dispensationalists see the millennial temple as a good thing. A return to sacrifice and offerings that will never happen. Some thing else they never acknowledge is that during the millennium the new Jerusalem is still in heaven. Why would Jesus reign on a desolated earth with his people during this time? Jesus and all the saved will be in heaven during the millennium and after this when he comes back his feet will touch the mount of Olives and it will become a great plain for the new Jerusalem to rest on.

Upvote 0

riverrat

Feb 28, 2011
✟17,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dispensationalists see the millennial temple as a good thing. A return to sacrifice and offerings that will never happen. Some thing else they never acknowledge is that during the millennium the new Jerusalem is still in heaven. Why would Jesus reign on a desolated earth with his people during this time? Jesus and all the saved will be in heaven during the millennium and after this when he comes back his feet will touch the mount of Olives and it will become a great plain for the new Jerusalem to rest on.
Name the dispensationalists to which you refer.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The D'ists who say there are 2 peoples / 2 programs usually say this. Ryrie, Scofield, Pentecost, Walvoord.

Dunbar's question is a good reason to see the Rev as about its times, the very long reign of Christ as about history following it, and the new Jerusalem has hovering all that time, as Paul and Hebrews saw it in Gal 4, Heb 11, 12, 13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

You have suddenly changed the subject from the tribulation temple to the millennial temple. The millennial temple is indeed a good thing, as it will be built at the express command of the Lord God Himself.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The D'ists who say there are 2 peoples / 2 programs usually say this. Ryrie, Scofield, Pentecost, Walvoord.

Dunbar's question is a good reason to see the Rev as about its times, the very long reign of Christ as about history following it, and the new Jerusalem has hovering all that time, as Paul and Hebrews saw it in Gal 4, Heb 11, 12, 13

Every dispensational writer I have ever written has said the the tribulation temple will be evil, and the millennial temple will be a good thing.

There is a simple reason they say this. The scriptures clearly show that the tribulation temple will be built by the Jews while they are still in a condition of rebellion and unbelief. And the scriptures just a clearly show that the millennial will be built at the direct command of the Lord himself, and will be used by Him and recognized by Him.

Upvote 0

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
You have suddenly changed the subject from the tribulation temple to the millennial temple. The millennial temple is indeed a good thing, as it will be built at the express command of the Lord God Himself.

I rest my case!! Do you think when the antichrist comes he is going to say - 'Oh by the way, I'm the antichrist and I'm here to take everyone to hell with me!' NO! He will say something like this - 'I'm really Christ and you people need to do what I say. I am here to usher in the long promised kingdom of God and I want Jerusalem and the temple restored so I can begin my millennial reign on earth'. He will do miracles, signs and lying wonders and everyone will believe he is really God.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So the millennial temple that is in Jerusalem when Christ shall reign with his people during the 1000 years is really a bad temple? I don't study dispensationalism anymore but I distinctly remember this!!!

No. You changed the subject from the tribulation temple to the millennial one, possibly because you are so ignorant of the scriptures that you did not even realize that they are not the same temple. One is a purely human affair, built by a people living in rebellion and unbelief. And the other is a divine affair, built by a redeemed people that will by that time have repented and come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Himself.

Upvote 0