✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Good morning all!

I'm an OG CF'er. I was an admin/chaplin way back in the day (almost 20 years ago) but have been away from the forum for quite some time. You still see my name pop up in a few things (like some of the stickies here). Life took me away for quite some time... then I lost my log-in info for a while...

I'm now based in northeastern Thailand where I am a missionary bishop. I'm serving as pastor of a new church plant "Church of the Resurrection" as well as being the head of a small international school here. Life is quite busy, so don't know how much I'll be around but thought it would be nice to reconnect with some of my old friends if they're still on here.

Blessings!

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning all!

I'm an OG CF'er. I was an admin/chaplin way back in the day (almost 20 years ago) but have been away from the forum for quite some time. You still see my name pop up in a few things (like some of the stickies here). Life took me away for quite some time... then I lost my log-in info for a while...

I'm now based in northeastern Thailand where I am a missionary bishop. I'm serving as pastor of a new church plant "Church of the Resurrection" as well as being the head of a small international school here. Life is quite busy, so don't know how much I'll be around but thought it would be nice to reconnect with some of my old friends if they're still on here.

Blessings!
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,511.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to the Forum,
Father Rick!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Good morning all!

Blessings!

Welcome back! I would love to see the liturgical materials you are using.

Upvote 0

VincentIII

Jul 14, 2020
PA
✟25,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Father Rick!

I'm considering attending Mass at a nearby Old Catholic Church parish. I haven't gone yet because it's 45 minutes away, but a recent reading of their online resources inspired me to attend their next Mass.

Could you answer a few questions:
  • With respect to the deuterocanon/apocrypha, does the Old Catholic Church prefer a particular ordering (Latin Vulgate, separate apochrypha, no apocrypha)?
  • Does the Old Catholic Church advocate praying the Dominican rosary?
  • Does the Old Catholic Church have a position on Marian apparitions?

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello, Father Rick!

I'm considering attending Mass at a nearby Old Catholic Church parish. I haven't gone yet because it's 45 minutes away, but a recent reading of their online resources inspired me to attend their next Mass.

Could you answer a few questions:
  • With respect to the deuterocanon/apocrypha, does the Old Catholic Church prefer a particular ordering (Latin Vulgate, separate apochrypha, no apocrypha)?
  • Does the Old Catholic Church advocate praying the Dominican rosary?
  • Does the Old Catholic Church have a position on Marian apparitions?

There can be a lot of variation between different Old Catholic denominations, for example, between the Polish National Catholic Church and the Union of Utrecht, so you might want to ask the specific parish.

Upvote 0

VincentIII

Jul 14, 2020
PA
✟25,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There can be a lot of variation between different Old Catholic denominations, for example, between the Polish National Catholic Church and the Union of Utrecht, so you might want to ask the specific parish.
It turns out the OCC parish isn't active anymore. Before I learned that today, it occurred to me that such small self-reliant parishes are at risk of going inactive if they don't have a good succession plan.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
RICK!
Of course I remember you From way back. Busy IRL as a religious aka as ‘Mrs Doyle‘ for a very busy priest. In between wondering if priests play rugby in vestments and pondering what on earth they have done to the altar linens amongst many other jobs I only log in very occasionally. So good to know you are still in the world.

• Haha
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
RICK!
Of course I remember you From way back. Busy IRL as a religious aka as ‘Mrs Doyle‘ for a very busy priest. In between wondering if priests play rugby in vestments and pondering what on earth they have done to the altar linens amongst many other jobs I only log in very occasionally. So good to know you are still in the world.

Oh I am pleased to make your acquaintance also. I have an Anglican Franciscan Office Book. There was a Franciscan convent in Southern California, but its members died off, and the building was transferred to the Order of the Holy Cross after their monastery was destroyed in a wildfire, but sadly two of the four monks reposed, one is in a nursing home, and the other retired back to the main Episcopalian OHC monastery back east. @Shane R and I have an interest in launching something like the OHC on an ecumenical basis, serving the Continuing Anglican churches.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Oh I am pleased to make your acquaintance also. I have an Anglican Franciscan Office Book. There was a Franciscan convent in Southern California, but its members died off, and the building was transferred to the Order of the Holy Cross after their monastery was destroyed in a wildfire, but sadly two of the four monks reposed, one is in a nursing home, and the other retired back to the main Episcopalian OHC monastery back east. @Shane R and I have an interest in launching something like the OHC on an ecumenical basis, serving the Continuing Anglican churches.
You could take a look at the Anglican Religious Communities Handbook. It’s free to access online and gives details of the type and location of various recognised Religious Communities in the Anglican Communion across the world. I often use The Daily Office SSF [book] I do make use of online daily liturgies when out and about. I have to admit an admiration for the example of living by the RC Community of the Franciscans of the Renewal. Check if they might have any outreach in your area as the Franciscan family goes beyond denominations. I think it has something to do with the wellspring charism of Joy love and humility that connects the orders together around Christ.

Upvote 0