• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A rather interesting but important prayer request.

one 4 Christ

True happiness is serving The Lord!
Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I should have posted this here as well:

Hi, I know that this is going to sound like a rather odd prayer and please do not judge me for it but this is an important prayer request.

See, I am 31 single. That being said I have the freedom to more focus on God. Do His will and carry on with His plan for me.

As noted in my journal entries that my boss sometimes gets on my nerves but I know why The Lord has brought me to this job. To bring happiness and my sensitivity to others to the work place.;)
I am single never married with no kids, getting married was my dream most of my life. But I know that The Lord has a very good plan for me. He has blessed me with such a caring roommate who understands me.:)
My mother is a drunk, but The Lord has me go over and visit with my mom and dad to let Jesus shine through.:amen:
Basically, I believe that everything that happens, happens for a very good purpose for The Lord.
But for the life of me, I can NOT understand why on earth that I have this little crush on actor Tom Cavanagh. What purpose is this little crush for? It is rather frustrating and embarrassing having this little crush Tom Cavanagh, knowing that I can not stand his personality what so ever. In my eyes I think that Tom is shallow. The reason he picks out women who are opposite of what I represent, you know he picks out the fake looking women who snub people like me (his wife now is very fake looking). Tom also tries ever so hard to fit in with society by cussing, taking God’s name in vein, changing his hair more than any guy that I have ever liked the list is endless!
What I ask of you is could you PLEASE pray for The Lord to reveal to me what purpose that this little crush on this guy (Tom) will serve. If The Lord has NO purpose for this little crush then to PLEASE ask The Lord to "turn off" this little crush.
Come on it is rediculous, I am 31 and need not to have these little crushs. I would more understand why if Tom Cavanagh was a true Christian. Because he could be more or less a role model in the sense of the way he would follow Christ, I hope that makes sense:scratch:
Again please do not laugh at me for this request, just pray!! Please remember that I am sensitive!!!!
SO CONFUSED ABOUT IT ALL!!!!!!

God Bless you all!!:wave:

ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
God's blessings to you,

I pray that our Father will open your eyes and reveal to you what the origin of this crush is. If it is your flesh, I pray that our Father will reveal it to9 you so that it might be crucified. May He grant you His peace and grace.

Amen

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
ChristianDude777 said:
God's blessings to you,

I pray that our Father will open your eyes and reveal to you what the origin of this crush is. If it is your flesh, I pray that our Father will reveal it to9 you so that it might be crucified. May He grant you His peace and grace.

Amen

:) Thank you so much for your prayers. it meant A LOT to me.:hug:
May God Bless you!!!
More prayers the better!!!:amen:

Upvote 0

SeekAnd

HIS STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN MY WEAKNESS!
Apr 14, 2005
The State of Confusion
✟5,075.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Father in Jesus' name I pray,

please help your child who is in so much need,
help her to feel the peace that surpasses understanding as I often have
You know her better than I do so I just ask that you help her and guide her.

in Jesus' name,
amen

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
SeekAnd said:
Father in Jesus' name I pray,

please help your child who is in so much need,
help her to feel the peace that surpasses understanding as I often have
You know her better than I do so I just ask that you help her and guide her.

in Jesus' name,
amen

God Bless you and thank you so much for your prayers!:)

Upvote 0

goliwog

Dec 13, 2004
central coast
Visit site
✟8,081.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for you too ....

But perhaps God has put this man on your mind because he wants you to pray for him .... I know allot of christians and I know for a fact that very few ever pray for celebrities to change there ways and follow after jesus :) just a thought ... I wonder how many other people are already praying for him ?

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
goliwog said:
I will pray for you too ....

But perhaps God has put this man on your mind because he wants you to pray for him .... I know allot of christians and I know for a fact that very few ever pray for celebrities to change there ways and follow after jesus :) just a thought ... I wonder how many other people are already praying for him ?

:wave: VERY GOOD ADVICE, you know I never thought of that! :scratch: I did read once, about 3 years ago, that Tom Cavanagh is known to not cuss and now he does. I also read that when Tom did an ABC Family movie called Snow that Tom used "Christmas sayings" such as "Oh Jingle Bells" instead of using The Lords name in vien. But just a few months ago here he is using The Lords name in vien... :confused: So maybe your right, Jesus wants me to pray for Tom to get back with The Lord. Thank you for your prayers!! And God Bless!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

oat02351

Senior Veteran
Oct 3, 2004
Massachusetts
✟7,652.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
one 4 Christ said:
Maybe I should have posted this here as well:

Hi, I know that this is going to sound like a rather odd prayer and please do not judge me for it but this is an important prayer request.

See, I am 31 single. That being said I have the freedom to more focus on God. Do His will and carry on with His plan for me.

As noted in my journal entries that my boss sometimes gets on my nerves but I know why The Lord has brought me to this job. To bring happiness and my sensitivity to others to the work place.;)
I am single never married with no kids, getting married was my dream most of my life. But I know that The Lord has a very good plan for me. He has blessed me with such a caring roommate who understands me.:)
My mother is a drunk, but The Lord has me go over and visit with my mom and dad to let Jesus shine through.:amen:
Basically, I believe that everything that happens, happens for a very good purpose for The Lord.
But for the life of me, I can NOT understand why on earth that I have this little crush on actor Tom Cavanagh. What purpose is this little crush for? It is rather frustrating and embarrassing having this little crush Tom Cavanagh, knowing that I can not stand his personality what so ever. In my eyes I think that Tom is shallow. The reason he picks out women who are opposite of what I represent, you know he picks out the fake looking women who snub people like me (his wife now is very fake looking). Tom also tries ever so hard to fit in with society by cussing, taking God’s name in vein, changing his hair more than any guy that I have ever liked the list is endless!
What I ask of you is could you PLEASE pray for The Lord to reveal to me what purpose that this little crush on this guy (Tom) will serve. If The Lord has NO purpose for this little crush then to PLEASE ask The Lord to "turn off" this little crush.
Come on it is rediculous, I am 31 and need not to have these little crushs. I would more understand why if Tom Cavanagh was a true Christian. Because he could be more or less a role model in the sense of the way he would follow Christ, I hope that makes sense:scratch:
Again please do not laugh at me for this request, just pray!! Please remember that I am sensitive!!!!
SO CONFUSED ABOUT IT ALL!!!!!!

God Bless you all!!:wave:

My, my do I know were you're coming from! It's just something that happens. If it was someone you worked with, I'd say steer clear but, you said he was just an actor right? Don't go nuts, crushes Do taper off though I know, I've had many, some real big ones and some small. If it's any consolation, I have a small one for Dr. House (from the show).

Now if you were talking about entering religious life, let nothing and I mean nothing stand in your way and talk to your spiritual director if it's bothering you a lot. I wanted so much to enter the convent but, my path was changed. God will lead you too but, it takes time discern and trust in Him. You will find His will.

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
oat02351 said:
My, my do I know were you're coming from! It's just something that happens. If it was someone you worked with, I'd say steer clear but, you said he was just an actor right? Don't go nuts, crushes Do taper off though I know, I've had many, some real big ones and some small. If it's any consolation, I have a small one for Dr. House (from the show).

Now if you were talking about entering religious life, let nothing and I mean nothing stand in your way and talk to your spiritual director if it's bothering you a lot. I wanted so much to enter the convent but, my path was changed. God will lead you too but, it takes time discern and trust in Him. You will find His will.

Thank you for your advice as well. It is very helpful:thumbsup:
Take care and may God Bless you!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Antoinette.Marie

He Has Shown Me Miracles!
Mar 10, 2005
✟7,105.00
Sweetie, don't be ashamed. We've ALL had crushes on someone, at one time or another. Heck, I had a small one on Howard Stern for a while!!

I ask the Lord to reveal to you what it is this crush is for. I ask that if it is just that, a crush, to bind the demons of lust and cast them out in Jesus name.

But, Lord, if there is something you are trying to tell her, please reveal it to her so that she may see what it is she needs to do.

I pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Antoinette.Marie said:
Sweetie, don't be ashamed. We've ALL had crushes on someone, at one time or another. Heck, I had a small one on Howard Stern for a while!!

I ask the Lord to reveal to you what it is this crush is for. I ask that if it is just that, a crush, to bind the demons of lust and cast them out in Jesus name.

But, Lord, if there is something you are trying to tell her, please reveal it to her so that she may see what it is she needs to do.

I pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen.

Thank you so much!!
God Bless you!:)

Upvote 0