portland
✟15,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will be honest up front about everything i am not religious in any way, shape or form. I have two questions though. First i want to know why there are so many religions? also I want to know is because religions has anyone ever though that this would be the way to create ultimate chaos with so many different kinds of religions? it makes it so everyone is never united under one cause.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The word "religion" implies a structured approach to accepting and worshipping God through Jesus Christ. In fact, there is no "structure" involved. God's salvation for each of us is by His amazing Grace, a precious Gift, received when we acknowledge Jesus as Savior.

Please check out the "Christian Advice" forum!!

Be blessed as you do!!

OOPS ... looks like you are offline..... Read Romans 10:8-13, Romans 8:1, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 5:24. They endorse salvation by Grace through Faith!!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-11-6_11-21-54.jpeg

This thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Christian Philosophy & Ethics
for a better fit and responses.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I will be honest up front about everything i am not religious in any way, shape or form. I have two questions though. First i want to know why there are so many religions? also I want to know is because religions has anyone ever though that this would be the way to create ultimate chaos with so many different kinds of religions? it makes it so everyone is never united under one cause.
There is an old story about blind men and an elephant. One blind man felt the tail and said, "Oh this is a rope." One felt the ear and said, "Oh this is a fan." One felt the trunk and said, "Oh this is a snake." One felt the leg and said, "Oh this is a pillar." Yet they were all sensing the same elephant. It was definitely a real elephant.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i want to know why there are so many religions? also I want to know is because religions has anyone ever though that this would be the way to create ultimate chaos with so many different kinds of religions?

Have you ever thought that the reason there are so many religions and the reason atheists prey is that there is a God shapped hole inside everyone.
Can you explain why atheists say, God, Jesus etc as an exclamation?
Why do they use words with a very definite meaning?

Have you ever examine the facts of Jesus's life, death, burial and resurrection?
Are you able to give an explanation that uses historical facts?

Upvote 0

JES1023

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Christianity is often describe of as a religion but in it truest sense it is a relationship. The Bible tells us how Jesus as God's Only Begotten Son, died for the world's sins that by His death and resurrection anyone who believe in Him could become the adopted children of God. God didn't just want followers He want family members to fellowship with.

Every other religion of this world try from fallen men's side to get right with God. But in Christianity it is God working thru His Son's power to make us right in His sight. All other religion also have a grave with the founders dead body still in it. Christianity's Founder grave is empty by the Power of Jesus Christ who overcome death. Pretty much all of Jesus Apostles died horrible deaths to spread this truth.

Upvote 0