A question to the Christian Trump supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟200,040.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Depends how you look at things. Could be good or bad depending on your point of view. My worry is does this strengthen or subside USA global power? Are we playing into the schemes of the enemy?

If by global power you mean the US is trusted as a partner in global events, then no. Trump has shown that a deal or understanding with the US can be broken at any time, if Trump thinks he can get a better deal.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Doesn’t seem much of a reason . Disemboweled the EPA . Ignored repeated warnings about a serious pandemic . Encouraged racist and misogynistic activity . Lies repeatedly about everything.etc etc etc Is this what Christian trump supporters really want?

Do you have a source for any of this? Because this looks more like leftwing talking points than actual fact.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Put simply, what qualities of Christ do you see in Trump?

Please think about this a few moments before answering, as this is a question I have been wanting to ask for the past four years and have not.

Thank you for asking - welcome back.

As a Christian, I did not vote for Trump because of his religious affiliation, or limited attributes. I voted for him because of policy he promoted and has done a good job with IMHO -

The policy that reflects closest to my religious beliefs are his strong pro life stance.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump is a warrior? That actually made me laugh. He may have paid lip service to your particular cause, but be sure he would never stand in the frontline for anything. Some warrior...
First in class. Notice his early life. Which raises serious questions. The whole wiki does really.

Donald Trump - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
since most women want to keep abortion legal Id say it was a big problem . These are our bodies and the ones wanting us most under control seem to be men . No thanks! I lived through the part of the oppressive sexist 50s and liked the freedom of the 60s .

Not true according to the most recent Gallup poll. "Prochoice" women tend to be young, liberal, democratic, educated, wealthy and non-religious. Overall, 51% of women identify as "Prolife" and more men identify as "Prochoice".

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟263,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Not true according to the most recent Gallup poll. "Prochoice" women tend to be young, liberal, democratic, educated, wealthy and non-religious. Overall, 51% of women identify as "Prolife" and more men identify as "Prochoice".

Do you have a link to that poll? I’d be interested in seeing the data.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Please think about this a few moments before answering, as this is a question I have been wanting to ask for the past four years and have not.
Strong pro like, conservative judges, taking moral stands!

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And yet his policies work better for the body of Christ who have a mandate to hold forth the Word of Life in sharing the gospel without hindrance

Work better? Is that really true? The Christian Right is now indelibly linked to this man in the public eye. His petulance and dishonesty and constant cruelty are part of his character. You might think that having a president who acts on your behalf is a positive, but when he displays so many characteristics antithetical to Christian values, conservative Christianity can not help but be tarred with that same brush.

You might be able to look past them because you’re gaining things you want, but to others your affiliations reputation could hardly be lower. I guess it’s up to you and your fellow conservative Christians to decide whether that’s really a price worth paying.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Work better? Is that really true? The Christian Right is now indelibly linked to this man in the public eye. His petulance and dishonesty and constant cruelty are part of his character. You might think that having a president who acts on your behalf is a positive, but when he displays so many characteristics antithetical to Christian values, conservative Christianity can not help but be tarred with that same brush.

You might be able to look past them because you’re gaining things you want, but to others your affiliations reputation could hardly be lower. I guess it’s up to you and your fellow conservative Christians to decide whether that’s really a price worth paying.
President Obama did much to try to undermine rights of believers and those holding to biblical morality, and especially those concerned about abortion!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟150,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You’ve got a point there . But I’ve heard a lot of Christians think he’s nearly a saint . ( slight exaggeration there but frankly that makes me want to heave)
Rom, 1:7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor, 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

Rom, 8:27 And HE who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Eph, 4:12 To equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.

1 Tim, 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
Believers are the saints. The Catholic Church has no authority to determine sainthood, this is the realm of God. To sit afar and play judge as to whether or not a specific individual is a saint isn’t our job. We may consider the fruit.

Scripture places a different authority on government than the individual to maintain peace; Rom, 13:1-2 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. See, Titus 3:1-3, 1 Peter, 2:13 also.

In Acts 5:28 we find this; “We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us responsible for this man’s blood.” 29. But Peter and the other apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than men.” This is not only a free speech issue, it is one in which the apostles determined the direct command given them by Christ could not be abrogated by any other authority. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I understand in this democratic republic the right to peacefully assemble is guaranteed and the vast majority of demonstrators are doing so. Our individual rights do not bestow upon us the authority to invalidate the rights of others by impeding an individuals right to traverse public thoroughfare.
While this is a response to your post, it is in the spirit of cooperation and should not be considered a personal affront. You I presume, are a sister in Christ.

In Christ

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
President Obama did much to try to undermine rights of believers and those holding to biblical morality, and especially those concerned about abortion!

Apart from being pro-choice, how did he undermine your rights? Given that he himself is a committed Christian?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ummm...as President, shouldn't his loyalty be to ALL Americans and not just to a dwindling minority...?

Most politicians of both parties are beholden to the financial interests on whom their campaigns depend. So paradoxically, you need a political leader of immense wealth, who doesn't need those financial interests, for ordinary Americans to even be listened to. Problem is, most billionaires consider themselves above that. They like to think of themselves as "citizens of the word" and look down on such patriotic sentiments as provincial.

But Donald Trump was up for the job of being a voice for millions of Americans with no voice...

Everybody else who would, couldn't.

Everybody else who could, wouldn't.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟68,669.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If people were to hold their politicians to a Christlike standard they would not be able to participate in politics at all.
There is nothing wrong with not participating in politics at all.
I would expect a Christian to do hold politicians up to Christian standards. Would be rather hypocrite to vote for one that doesn't. And opportunistic. Better don't vote then.

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

The "perfect situation in politics is for our leaders to be "born-again Christians" with all the wisdom and knowledge that Christ gives to those who truly believe and obey. The reality is that only 10%-15% of our population are true, born-again Christians, so to expect our politicians to be born-again is not the reality. There have been born-again Christians who have run for the office of President, but they generally have no hope of beating the "political system" which is very dirty and almost never in accordance with the will of God. The best we can hope for is a man like Donald Trump who keeps his promises and does good things for the nation. I don't know what is truly in his heart but I see him supporting moral issues and supporting the church, whether he understands the full implication of that or not! In the final tally, it's what a politician does once he is put into office and I believe that Donald Trump, even with his unusual personality, has done good an extremely good job that should be complimented rather than picked apart without looking at the overall picture!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Such as? What did President Obama due to undermine your rights?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Don't you think that after 4 yrs. you could as a good Christian have forgiven Trump for his short comings in your mind?....That's not very Christ like is it?

What qualities of Christ did you see in Hillary, that made you vote for her?

What qualities of Christ did you see in Bernie that you would have Voted for him?

What qualities of Christ do you now see in Joe Biden that you will throw your hole support behind him?

Other than the fact his just being a Democrat!

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm guessing it is this poll from a year ago that you are referring to? My first issue, on seeing it was a poll on "pro choice" vs. "pro life" is that various people have conflicting definitions for both terms. And, examining the poll, it doesn't appear there is a great difference between what men and women want; so it appears you are correct there.

At the same time, it is worth noting a significant majority do not want abortion outlawed; 60% of Americans do not want Roe v. Wade overturned, only 33% want it overturned. In a more recent poll, from January of this year, 58% are satisfied with the current abortion laws, 22% want them less strict, and only 24% want abortion laws more strict. Even among Republicans, only 44% want stricter abortion laws.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟150,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "perfect situation in politics is for our leaders to be "born-again Christians" with all the wisdom and knowledge that Christ gives to those who truly believe and obey. The reality is that only 10%-15% of our population are true, born-again Christians, so to expect our politicians to be born-again is not the reality. There have been born-again Christians who have run for the office of President, but they generally have no hope of beating the "political system" which is very dirty and almost never in accordance with the will of God. The best we can hope for is a man like Donald Trump who keeps his promises and does good things for the nation. I don't know what is truly in his heart but I see him supporting moral issues and supporting the church, whether he understands the full implication of that or not! In the final tally, it's what a politician does once he is put into office and I believe that Donald Trump, even with his unusual personality, has done good an extremely good job that should be complimented rather than picked apart without looking at the overall picture!
Spoken as a gentlemen.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟328,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same qualities of Christ I see in every other politician.

The more I've thought about it, the more I think this is false, and a bad attempt at "whataboutism."

I'm sure many Republicans will disagree, but I believe Pres. Obama was a man of faith. I do think he tended to be a more private man, so wasn't as open about his beliefs and some Christians would like; not to mention being a Democrat he didn't wish to make them a huge issue.

I believe both Pres. Bush's were strong Christians. You saw Pres. G. W. Bush openly talk about his faith and beliefs, about praying when he had important decisions, while governing. Pres. G. H. W. Bush did not seem to openly talk about his faith (in that way he was more like Pres. Obama) but, particularly in the years since his Presidency ended, he was known to be a man of faith and active in his church.

That isn't to say that these men were perfect, that they didn't make mistakes. Nor does it mean that all Christians must agree with those things these former Presidents believed were right. I do believe, at least by and large, they largely attempted to govern according to their beliefs; just as I have friends who I disagree with politically but can see they are sincere people who try to do right.

Unfortunately, I think too many of us can't get past the politics, not to mention the tendency to see the worst in people and ascribe nefarious motives to those things we disagree with (particularly with political operatives pushing us to see things through those lenses).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.