A question to the Christian Trump supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are talking ONLY about Social Security taxes and benefits with this. The average illegal immigrant is paid tens of thousands of dollars annually in benefits from OTHER assistance programs.
You are due better information, that is more complete, and not politically motivated spin. Here:

As you can see in this quality link in 1 minute, even just by looking at the graphs of the total amount spent on immigrants per capita....

Immigration and the Welfare State: Immigrant and Native Use Rates and Benefit Levels for Means-Tested Welfare and Entitlement Programs

They pay taxes just like other workers, most of them (the majority, and even the smaller portion that try to work on just cash still also pay many taxes such as property tax through rents, sales taxes, and so on) -- They pay taxes, but they don't get the same benefits you do. They get far less on average than an average citizen does.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The very same God given freedom to travel, adapt, and live righteously that your and my own ancestors had (or many of them, perhaps 90% of my ancestry, the remainder native American) -- freedom to come here and be a law abiding citizen that works for a living.
My ancestors came here legally and were admitted to the country because they had sponsors and jobs waiting. That is not the situation you were talking about or the process you were advocating.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We should be able to do that, and it would be entirely fair and Christian to do so.
It is utterly unChristian. Besides the admonitions to treat strangers in our midst well, there is the Second Great Commandment.

• Winner
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My ancestors came here legally and were admitted to the country because they had sponsors and jobs waiting. That is not the situation you were talking about or the process you were advocating.
I don't think any of my ancestors had sponsors. Do you want to boot me out?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They get far more benefits than the taxes they pay.
That's simply false information. As you can easily learn, if you read for just a couple of minutes accurate numbers. To get accurate numbers, don't go to a political site, but instead a site that gives accurate numbers, like the ones I offered you above. Here they are again:

Immigration and the Welfare State: Immigrant and Native Use Rates and Benefit Levels for Means-Tested Welfare and Entitlement Programs

Social Security would go broke much sooner without immigrants:
Undocumented immigrants quietly pay billions into Social Security and receive no benefits - Marketplace

In fact, it cannot be kept solvent as is unless we have enough population growth, and people like you Albion are far better off in wealth because of all the immigration.
------------

But vastly more important than your already increased money wealth you have gained from all the immigrants that have come here to the U.S. -- far more important than that is your immortal soul!

We all must turn to the only One Who can save, and believe in all that He says.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.