A question for those who disagree with Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Can you tell me what it tastes like an orange without testing?

Nope, you can't, you must taste.

So, try the one and true God (not the human invention)

And again, what is your basis, and what God are you referring to?

Upvote 0

TheWorriedOne

Dec 7, 2011
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm... Ok, what confuses you about Adam and Eve? They were the first people.

As for God working different in the Old Testament and why he doesn't do so today. My answer is this.

Romans 1:20 says, For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

That is a very important Bible verse. In the Old Testament God made himself known through defying laws of nature. Examples being Moses parting the Red Sea, Jonah living in the belly of a whale. These things for God would be easy because he's God. In the Old Testament God promised he would later send a Messiah. When Jesus came to be "the Messiah", he changed the way he made himself known. He made himself known through Jesus. He had Jesus performing miricales. He healed a paralyzed man. He raised Lazarus from the dead. He raised himself from the dead. God still makes himself known today as well he performs miricales maybe not as extreme as those in the Old Testament but he still does. Another thing to look at is prophecies in the Bible many of which have been fulfilled or are being fulfilled. That should confirm the validity of the Bible.

I still would say even if Jesus wrote the Bible himself people still wouldn't believe. The devil leads people astray.

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok... you have a read problem.

I know you're aware of what God I mean... so you try to deny it, over and over again.

(I was an Atheist a few years ago)

Bye.

I never denied anything, I asked what God you are referring to. There's been thousands throughout human history. What one are you claiming is actually real?

And if you were an Atheist, what made you believe in this God? What evidence do you have?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm... Ok, what confuses you about Adam and Eve? They were the first people.
If I were to build a play pen for my 2 children with plenty of toys, then I put a loaded gun in the play pen amongst the toys but told my children not to play with the gun, would you consider me a responsible and loving parent?
Supposed I had an enemy and I see this enemy approach my children with the gun and I do nothing; I then see my enemy cajole my children into playing with the gun, still I do nothing, at first my children refuse via my instructions but eventually this mature adult enemy of mine cajoles my naive children into playing russian rullet with this gun and I do nothing but watch them die.
For me to take the attitude that they deserved to die because they disobeyed me I believe is atrocious! Yet that is the attitude I am supposed to take when Satan cajoled/tempted Adam and Eve into eating the fruit. I can’t do that.[/font]

]
I still would say even if Jesus wrote the Bible himself people still wouldn't believe. The devil leads people astray.
Yeah but at least those who do believe will be consistent in their belief rather than some religions believing Jesus said this and other religions believing Jesus said that, and it is all based upon “faith” with results in hating and killing each other over what they believe. I believe it was Twain who said:[/font]
A foolish mans account of a wise man’s words is never accurate because he must translate what he hears into something he can understand.In other words; words of wisdom should come from the source; never second hand information. IMO the inconsistent ideas and words of Jesus is what results when foolish men are left in charge of translating the wise words of God into something they can understand. What do you think?

K

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheWorriedOne

Dec 7, 2011
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Alright I see what you're saying. The first thing we need to know is how Satan came to Earth. Satan and some other Angels rebelled against God wanting to be God/worshiped. There was a big war and Satan and his demons were cast out of Heaven and hurled to the Earth. "Revelations 12:7-10" Adam and Eve were on Earth and God told both of them not to eat from the tree or they would die. Both of them fully understood that. The Devil roams the Earth like a Lion looking for someone to devour. "1 Peter 5:8" since Adam and Eve were the only two people on Earth the Devil went to tempt them. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and humanity got its sinful nature. Even after they disobeyed God he clothed them and provided them with a way to live an eternal life.

Like I said before Jesus not writing anything down shouldn't effect your beliefs. God would make sure he got the right information put down in the Bible wouldn't he?

What did you think about what I said about God changing how he communicates?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Like I said before Jesus not writing anything down shouldn't effect your beliefs. God would make sure he got the right information put down in the Bible wouldn't he?
yeah but the way he went about it, caused a lot of wrong information to be put down as well. As a matter of fact I would bet there is more wrong information put down than right; and us imperfect ones are expected to decipher the right from the wrong. Doesn't make sense to me.

What did you think about what I said about God changing how he communicates?
If God is perfect, why would he need to change?

Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly what is it about evolution that doesn't make sense to you?

K

For one, the odds against it are so large as to be themselves incomprehensible.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which are you refering to; Macro or Microevolution?

K

Is this a trick question? Many evolutionists don't accept that distinction. But for sake of the discussion, Macro; the 'goo to you' aspect.

Upvote 0

TheWorriedOne

Dec 7, 2011
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What wrong information are you talking about? I see what you're saying about humans making mistakes but wouldn't God make sure there were no mistakes in the Bible especially since its something very important. All scripture is God- breathed according to 2 Timothy 3:16 so that's like saying God wrote the Bible himself. God just used people to write the Bible.

There wasn't anything wrong with the way God was communicating with us he just progressively changed it. In the OT God communicated by parting the Red Sea, Jonah living in the whale etc. That was God's way of making himself known. God makes himself known so man is without excuse. God promised he would send a messiah. He sent Jesus and he began to communicate through Jesus and having him perform miricales. God still performs miricales today. Another thing that validates the Bible is the prophecies in it that are being or have been fulfilled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheWorriedOne

Dec 7, 2011
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
God does perform miricales. Humans are too skeptical and materialistic they like to play off these miricales as coincidence. Here's a good story. Deerinda Lowe Gets A Second Chance < Amazing Stories on The 700 Club | CBN.com

God dis things the way he did in the OT to make himself known. He said he would later send a Messiah. He sent Jesus and he performed miricales. Gods given us plenty of reason to believe. The problem is today's society is to materialistic we have to see it for it to be real. Then if someone does have a near- death experience and happens to see Jesus, God, Heaven or whatever we would just say they were dying and seeing things. "Seeing is believing.". That is the problem with today's society.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this a trick question? Many evolutionists don't accept that distinction. But for sake of the discussion, Macro; the 'goo to you' aspect.
No it isn’t a trick question. I realize many evolutionist don’t accept the distinction, but many Christians who don’t accept evolution do and judging from your response it appeared you were one of those Christians. Generally when speaking to Christians I try to speak their language; sorry if I misjudged you.
So is it safe to assume you have no problem with evolution except when it is applied to humans? Or do you also take issue with the examples of evolution I mentioned in the original post.

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What wrong information are you talking about?
Some who wrote about Jesus claimed he said he was God’s son; according to others who wrote about him, he never made such claims. Somebody is wrong here wouldn’t you agree?
I see what you're saying about humans making mistakes but wouldn't God make sure there were no mistakes in the Bible especially since its something very important.
If he had Jesus write the bible; yeah. I mean you had various people write about Jesus; then you have the catholic church (cannon) vote on which writings are God inspired and which ones are not. I know that’s fine with you; I ain’t trying to take that away from ya but for me it is sorta like the muslims say; too much tampering.

Ken

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No it isn’t a trick question. I realize many evolutionist don’t accept the distinction, but many Christians who don’t accept evolution do and judging from your response it appeared you were one of those Christians. Generally when speaking to Christians I try to speak their language; sorry if I misjudged you.
So is it safe to assume you have no problem with evolution except when it is applied to humans? Or do you also take issue with the examples of evolution I mentioned in the original post.

Ken

I prefer the term 'adaption' (the roaches that survive the poison) over microevolution. Microevolution builds a shaky bridge to macroevolution, and macroevolution is just too fantastic, the odds against it just too great to even consider it a valid theory. I dismiss it out of hand.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.