Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to start off by saying this question isn't meant to be insulting to anyone. I've been studying the book of Daniel and Revelation for a while and people think the papacy is the beast with 10 horns described in Daniel. This is due to things like the Roman Empire being broken up into 10 nations, the Catholic Church being in power for 1260 years (538 - 1798) and the various inquisitions over the years. I can see how one would think this, however something seems a bit off to me about this theory. Does the Pope claim to be God or Jesus himself? If not, was this ever a position of the Popes in the past? From what I understand, the Pope places his faith in Jesus to be saved, as well as the congregations, so it feels a bit off to say this would be the beast in Daniel and Revelation.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
people think the papacy is the beast with 10 horns described in Daniel. This is due to things like the Roman Empire being broken up into 10 nations, the Catholic Church being in power for 1260 years (538 - 1798) and the various inquisitions over the years.
Hi, Jermayn :) Welcome to Christians Forums :) God bless you, howsoever He pleases :)

Also, there are people who claim the Pope is the Anti-Christ.

One thing is the Beast will be worshiped, if I remember correctly.

Plus, the real Anti-Christ will have total control of Satan's people, with their full consent and approval. This is clearly not the case for the Roman Catholic Church or Pope.

My opinion is that all groups and big-name leaders of this earth can not be the real Beast and Anti-Christ, because they are getting limited control and limited worship or praise. I understand that Satan's real Anti-Christ would not be able to put up with being required to negotiate with humans, in order to get their consent and approval.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you have to realize this is a post-reformation point of view meant to discredit Catholicism. For 1,500 years Christendom would have thought such a concept ludicrous. But along comes the reformation and new voices say, "You've been doing it wrong all these years, and we know better. In fact, you who have preserved the faith for 1,500 years ARE the problem." Is there any way such thinking makes any kind of sense? I see none.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to start off by saying this question isn't meant to be insulting to anyone. I've been studying the book of Daniel and Revelation for a while and people think the papacy is the beast with 10 horns described in Daniel. This is due to things like the Roman Empire being broken up into 10 nations, the Catholic Church being in power for 1260 years (538 - 1798) and the various inquisitions over the years. I can see how one would think this, however something seems a bit off to me about this theory. Does the Pope claim to be God or Jesus himself? If not, was this ever a position of the Popes in the past? From what I understand, the Pope places his faith in Jesus to be saved, as well as the congregations, so it feels a bit off to say this would be the beast in Daniel and Revelation.

You can forget about the business of the Papacy being the beast with 10 horns. To start with, to quote that anti-Christian, Josef Stalin, "How many divisions has the Pope got?" Not one. So where would a Pope get the power to begin with?

Vatican City, which is the smallest sovereign state in the world, consists of about 44 hectares, and a population of about 1000. I can just see Vatican City taking on the USA, Russia, China or India, or better still, all four combined - now that would be what I would call an unequal contest. It doesn't even sit on the seven hills so favoured by some critics - it's on the other side of the Tiber River.

Secondly the imagery associated with Daniel has already taken place. For a Catholic view on the business about the "beast", I've copied a link below.

The Beast in Revelation

Last edited:
Upvote 0