A question about the Garden before the fall

What would happen if a brachiosaurus accidentally stepped on a beetle before the fall?

• The beetle would get smashed and die.

• There was no death before the fall so the beetle would somehow survive.

• God would divinely intervene and deflect the dinosaurs foot before it smashed the beetle.

• All animals had infinite awareness and wouldn't accidentally step on each other.

• Dinosaurs didn't live alongside man.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What would happen if a brachiosaurus accidentally stepped on a beetle before the fall?

Beetles were stronger in those days?
Beetles had guardian angels before the fall?
God just didn't allow accidents before the fall?

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Beetles were stronger in those days?
Beetles had guardian angels before the fall?
God just didn't allow accidents before the fall?

Beetles are pretty strong. Like ants they could probably lift many times their own weight.

An excellent consideration!

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know EITHER of them were there before the fall?

Well God created beasts of the land and things that creepeth upon the earth. When else would God have created them, if not before the fall? Adam picked names for them. So presumably they were there, with Adam, to be named.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This would not have happened because the Garden was created after the 6 days of creation. There were no dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden. They were gone millions of years before the Garden was made.

• Informative
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I Just had a quick question about the Garden of Eden before the fall.

I voted death. I see no reason for physical death not to take place before the fall. Adam and Eve suffered a spiritual death. No where in Genisis does it say they would physically live forever. Or am I missing something?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted death. I see no reason for physical death not to take place before the fall. Adam and Eve suffered a spiritual death. No where in Genisis does it say they would physically live forever. Or am I missing something?
Yes, physical death is just a biochemical process that is attached to the course of nature.

• Agree
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If there was physical death before the fall, then why would God assign animals to eating vegetation rather than just letting them eat eachother according to Genesis 1:29? And Genesis 1:30 says that plants are food for all animals too.

Wouldn't God telling life that it could eat plants suggest that life was not allowed to eat or kill one another? Therefore if hunting wasn't allowed, death never occurred? If lions ate grass, this would imply that gazelle's were never hunted and thus, there was no death in the garden.

Then in Genesis 9:3 after the fall it reads:
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.

Suggesting that hunting and death in the animal kingdom began.

Maybe @PrincetonGuy can clarify on this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"accidentally" <---this could only happen AFTER the fall :)

Do you vote for the "infinite awareness" option?

So that the brachiosaurus can see the bugs in the grass before it takes each step?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I've struggled with this idea for some time.

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:

It seems that God didn't have a problem with them eating from the Tree of Life before they ate from the Tree of Knowledge but after the fall He didn't want them to eat from the Tree of Life because they would live forever in their fallen state.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well God created beasts of the land and things that creepeth upon the earth. When else would God have created them, if not before the fall? Adam picked names for them. So presumably they were there, with Adam, to be named.
Some pestilence insects, and other creatures like flies, vermin that transmit disease and eat and feast on. rot, and dead or dying things were not on the earth when it was perfect and before the fall. Neither was any source of disease and sickness.

These vermin and eaters of rot, etc. were on the scene after the fall.

This would be an excellent Bible study.

• Agree
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some pestilence insects, and other creatures like flies, vermin that transmit disease and eat and feast on. rot, and dead or dying things were not on the earth when it was perfect and before the fall. Neither was any source of disease and sickness.

These vermin and eaters of rot, etc. were on the scene after the fall.

This would be an excellent Bible study.

Well where did they come from if they weren't in the garden during the original creation event?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This would not have happened because the Garden was created after the 6 days of creation. There were no dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden. They were gone millions of years before the Garden was made.

all land animals (dinosaurs included) were created on the 6th day. All were originally created as vegetarians

Genesis 1:25

New International Version
God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

They were gone millions of years before the Garden was made.
[/QUOTE]

This is an attempt to "meld" science theory with the word of God ... or dismiss His Word totally.

The word dinosaur didn't exist until 1842.

What Adam called them? Who knows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Really ?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is an attempt to "meld" science theory with the word of God ... or dismiss His Word totally.

The word dinosaur didn't exist until 1842.

What Adam called them? Who knows.
That is interesting because I see it completely opposite.
There is real-life real-world evidence that would imply this is not true. My goal is to "meld" God's word with reality. There is a great deal of evidence around us that requires an old creation. This evidences are not lies. These evidences are not planted by God to trick us. I see the "problem" as an opportunity to find answers. I am not afraid to ask questions and seek truth. Jesus said we will know the truth and that the truth will set us free! Intentionally turning away from reality is not faith. It is head in the sand and counter productive.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This evidences are not lies. These evidences are not planted by God to trick us. I see the "problem" as an opportunity to find answers. I am not afraid to ask questions and seek truth. Jesus said we will know the truth and that the truth will set us free! Intentionally turning away from reality is not faith. It is head in the sand and counter productive.

Yes. It seems to me that if God's message needed us to know these things, He would have made them very plain and clear for us. But they are not; there are all sorts of opinions held by good and God-loving Christians.

That being so, I try to base my faith on the things He clearly tells us about.

Upvote 0