United Kingdom
✟29,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus didn't tell the Church to only pray in a closet. He also taught us to pray together, as we see in the "Our Father" but it is important, when we pray for our needs and in cases for others, that it be sincere and humble. Praying away from others takes away from a show in our prayer. It is close and personal, just as when we talk to our earthly parent.

It is good to pray in public when we gather in our churches, prayer meetings, family gatherings, etc... but we should pray in private far more than in public.
Right. I can pray at spontaneous times, oddly enough. In my bedroom, in the shower, even in class. I agree that we should pray in private more because it is much easier to feel Him talk to us and to feel a connection.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Let your light shine before men"... But, if you can't do that un-hypocritically, or free of hypocrisy, or pride, or ego, or "self"-righteousness, "self"-aggrandizement, etc, then do it in private until then or until that time, or until you learn, or can and do know better, etc...

This will avoid a lot or problems and trouble, etc... (for us all, etc)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do some people pray openly? Didn't Jesus say to pray in a closet?

Acts 4:24-When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0