• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A question about Lymphodema

judson1982

Apr 15, 2018
Grenada, MS
✟12,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
An ultrasound on the veins in my legs showed this; but the only thing I am finding out about this via online searches is that it is a side effect of cancer--something I never had. Since a second ultrasound on my arteries showed no problems (like Peripheral Artery Disease or Congestive Heart Failure), what could be causing the lymphodema? Could it be a consequence of high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, or being overweight (all of these aforementioned conditions are ones I have been diagnosed with)?

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Lymphedema, also known as lymphoedema and lymphatic edema, is a condition of localized fluid retention and tissue swelling caused by a compromised lymphatic system, which normally returns interstitial fluid to the bloodstream. Wikipedia

It says that its a common complication from the treatment of cancer however many people are genetically disposed to it. I'm sure your weight is creating the problem and you should get to regular exercise as soon as possible.

Upvote 0